Let us be honest. Islam’s ideology is immoral to its core. Should we ask the Haigue and U.N. to rule on the free world’s

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Let us be honest. Islam’s ideology is immoral to its core. Should we ask the Haigue and U.N. to rule on the free wor

Post by Greatest I am »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
I said Islam sees itself as evolved. It is part of the Hadith that Judaism and Christianity were the parents of Islam.
Three steps back into barbarity is hardly a sigh of an evolved religion. It is a regression.

Regards
DL
I don't think they give a rat's arse what you think.
Correct.

As in the past, secular morality will have to be imposed as all the mainstream religions have is force and not a moral theology.

Regards
DL
Hobbes' Choice

Re: Let us be honest. Islam’s ideology is immoral to its core. Should we ask the Haigue and U.N. to rule on the free wor

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Greatest I am wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Three steps back into barbarity is hardly a sigh of an evolved religion. It is a regression.

Regards
DL
Correct.

As in the past, secular morality will have to be imposed as all the mainstream religions have is force and not a moral theology.

Regards
DL
You'd do well to try to see the world's religions form a more anthropological POV, rather than be so judgemental.
It turns out they are all equally insane, all inform their associated secular ideologies, and impose a system of endemic assumptions about the way life and living ought to be, none of which are natural and none of which are not without their problems..
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Correct.

Regards
DL
You'd do well to try to see the world's religions form a more anthropological POV, rather than be so judgemental.
It turns out they are all equally insane, all inform their associated secular ideologies, and impose a system of endemic assumptions about the way life and living ought to be, none of which are natural and none of which are not without their problems..
You suggest that I should not judge them and then go ahead and judge them yourself.

You are quite a conflicted mind.

Regards
DL
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Greatest I am wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Correct.

Regards
DL
You suggest that I should not judge them and then go ahead and judge them yourself.

Regards
DL
No you get your ideas about Islam from the Western Media. It's hardly representative.
You also need to read more carefully. I've not judged, I have assessed. If you want to pick me up on something I said then do so, but there is no conflict here.
You are out to join the Christian media to slam Islam, based on what? the actions of a few thousand terrorists you don't like. Islam is followed by billions. How do you think the west looks from the POV of a child how has had his house bombed by the Western powers?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Regards
DL
No you get your ideas about Islam from the Western Media. It's hardly representative.
You also need to read more carefully. I've not judged, I have assessed. If you want to pick me up on something I said then do so, but there is no conflict here.
You are out to join the Christian media to slam Islam, based on what? the actions of a few thousand terrorists you don't like. Islam is followed by billions. How do you think the west looks from the POV of a child how has had his house bombed by the Western powers?
"I've not judged, I have assessed."

If you can see a difference between judging and assessing then ---------.

I asses and judge Islam by what it says and does. Not what others say about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... SPvnFDDQHk

Regards
DL
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Greatest I am wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:

Regards
DL
"I've not judged, I have assessed."

If you can see a difference between judging and assessing then ---------.

I asses and judge Islam by what it says and does. Not what others say about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... SPvnFDDQHk

Regards
DL
Everyday we are told that Western Imperialism has nothing to do with Christianity.
What's the difference? Point of view.
Islam has been under attack politically, economically and militarily since the fall of the Ottoman empire.
Why are we surprised that kids get 'radicalised'.

This kid is the terrorist of tomorrow.

I would not blame him if he dedicated the rest of his life to destroy Christendom.

I don't think you are far from this opinion. You just need to open up your mind a little to try to share the POV of another person.
OuterLimits

Post by OuterLimits »

Greatest I am wrote:
OuterLimits wrote:Whatever Islam is "really at core", whatever Christianity is "really at core", Jesus appears to be a mostly harmless hippie drama queen. Islam's prophet was a murderous slaver warlord. Or do I have it wrong. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Muhammad
That would depend on which Jesus you are taking from scriptures. There is more than one.

You have the one as you describe created by Rome which only wanted a pacifist boot licker and you have the more Easter thinking one whop wanted to free us from religions and not slave us to them. I do not mind that one.

Do you see a lot of difference in mind set in the quotes below?

Luke 19:27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.

Qur'an 8:7 "Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: `Wipe the infidels out to the last."

Regards
DL
I am seeing that it seems to be taken out of context. This was not a simple quotation of Jesus.

http://www.rationalchristianity.net/slay_enemies.html
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Greatest I am wrote:Let us be honest. Islam’s ideology is immoral to its core. Should we ask the Haigue and U.N. to rule on the free world’s first duty to the world? Should we declare war against this immoral ideology?
You speak of the "free world." Could you cite any specific examples?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

bobevenson wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:Let us be honest. Islam’s ideology is immoral to its core. Should we ask the Haigue and U.N. to rule on the free world’s first duty to the world? Should we declare war against this immoral ideology?
You speak of the "free world." Could you cite any specific examples?
No.
There are none.

The closest of the oligarchies we all live in would likely be Canada.

Freedom is a misused word that we should all scrap and replace with whatever liberty our owners grant us.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

OuterLimits wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
OuterLimits wrote:Whatever Islam is "really at core", whatever Christianity is "really at core", Jesus appears to be a mostly harmless hippie drama queen. Islam's prophet was a murderous slaver warlord. Or do I have it wrong. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Muhammad
That would depend on which Jesus you are taking from scriptures. There is more than one.

You have the one as you describe created by Rome which only wanted a pacifist boot licker and you have the more Easter thinking one whop wanted to free us from religions and not slave us to them. I do not mind that one.

Do you see a lot of difference in mind set in the quotes below?

Luke 19:27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.

Qur'an 8:7 "Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: `Wipe the infidels out to the last."

Regards
DL
I am seeing that it seems to be taken out of context. This was not a simple quotation of Jesus.

http://www.rationalchristianity.net/slay_enemies.html
It is not out of context as there is only heaven or hell to Christianity.

Yahweh grants either heaven for his few on the narrow path and the rest of us end in hell.

Shove your context where it belongs and learn the Christian dogma before trying to correct your betters. :mrgreen:

Regards
DL