The tie that saved Rome. Do Western nations need a State Religion?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: The tie that saved Rome. Do Western nations need a State Religion?

Post by Greatest I am »

Gustav Bjornstrand wrote:We tend to see in terms of, or controlled by, directing tropes. So it isn't surprising that you would 1) see it in those terms and 2) react (predictively) against it.
I wish I had your patience with fools.

As you can see by my reply above, I lack your eloquence and do not suffer fools nearly as well as you.

Maybe some day.

Regards
DL
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Greatest I am wrote:
FlashDangerpants wrote:
Gustav Bjornstrand wrote:One can also start from another premise: Islam must of necessaity be driven from Europe. Once one makes that declaration, and once one has grounded it in cogent argument, and has done the intellectual work to form that argument, it is a question not of debate but of implementation. And the first order of implementation is purveying this understanding from one to another.
That's some top quality fascism in the name of freedom you got there. Very impressive stuff.
Typical name calling fool who does not think that fighting for our superior ideology when it is under attack.

I guess that you have no relatives or ancestors who fought and died so that you could shoot your un-intelligent mouth off.

Have a look at the link above and apologise if you are half the man you think you are.

Regards
DL
Superior ideology of a state mandated religion?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:[
No you area wrong. France is trying to deny women the right to war the burkah and are therefore no different from the men trying to make women wear it who do not want to.
I do not see the tyranny of French law, as any different from the tyranny of Muslim men, a MINORITY of whom make some women cover up. Both compel women.
Yes. I have admitted that via that link that compares ideologies.

You seem to think that tyranny for oppressions sake is superior to tyranny for freedom's sake.

I think the opposite.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

FlashDangerpants wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
FlashDangerpants wrote: That's some top quality fascism in the name of freedom you got there. Very impressive stuff.
Typical name calling fool who does not think that fighting for our superior ideology when it is under attack.

I guess that you have no relatives or ancestors who fought and died so that you could shoot your un-intelligent mouth off.

Have a look at the link above and apologise if you are half the man you think you are.

Regards
DL
Yes. One that allows freedom of speech, expression, and association.

Two short clips. One on freedom of speech and another on freedom to leave a religion and morality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryYETmi9lNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzoZuHtJ0EI

An open discussion of religions might ask if you would like to be a Muslim or not.

Those who embrace freedom would reject Islam.

Regards
DL
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Greatest I am wrote:
FlashDangerpants wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:

Regards
DL

Two short clips. One on freedom of speech and another on freedom to leave a religion and morality.

An open discussion of religions might ask if you would like to be a Muslim or not.

Regards
DL
People are not the same as you.
Freedom for some is the adoption of Islam.
You failure to understand basic ideas is an impediment to any hope of imposing your tyranny.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

You failure to understand basic ideas is an impediment to any hope of imposing your tyranny.
What you fail to understand is that only the un-intelligent would think that freedom can be had by slaving oneself to a religion that offers death for apostasy.

Seems we are done here.

Regards
DL
FlashDangerpants

Greatest I am wrote:
FlashDangerpants wrote: Superior ideology of a state mandated religion?

Regards
DL
You are in favour of pretending you offer choice, but only if people accept your choices for them.
Otherwise you know better than they do what it is that they want.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

FlashDangerpants wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
FlashDangerpants wrote: Superior ideology of a state mandated religion?

Regards
DL
You are in favour of pretending you offer choice, but only if people accept your choices for them.
Otherwise you know better than they do what it is that they want.
Not really.

You can choose Islam all you like. Just do not try to force it down my throat without a debate on it's moral merits.

You can chose whatever you like but if you tell me I cannot criticize it without having to fear a violent retaliation , then you are impeding my freedoms and do so on pain of the same death that you would visit on me.

You may not respect those who died to give you your freedom from religion but I do.

Regards
DL
FlashDangerpants

Awesome, so we are done here. You no longer agree with Gustavo's fascist desire to evict Islam from Europe, and you have recognised that imposing a state religion is a terrible and stupid idea.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Greatest I am wrote:

What you fail to understand is that only the un-intelligent would think that freedom can be had by slaving oneself to a religion that offers death for apostasy.

Seems we are done here.

Regards
DL
I rather live in a world where people are allowed to make up their own minds than live under your personal tyranny.
You either have freedom of religion or none. It's not up to you to pick and choose, what others are allowed to think and do.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

FlashDangerpants wrote:Awesome, so we are done here. You no longer agree with Gustavo's fascist desire to evict Islam from Europe, and you have recognised that imposing a state religion is a terrible and stupid idea.
Do you see Islam as a moral religion?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:

Seems we are done here.

Regards
DL
I rather live in a world where people are allowed to make up their own minds than live under your personal tyranny.
You either have freedom of religion or none. It's not up to you to pick and choose, what others are allowed to think and do.
True that it is not up to me.

It is up to governments to protect the gays and women who are made victims of religious intolerance, denigration and discrimination without a just cause.

Regards
DL
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Greatest I am wrote: True that it is not up to me.

It is up to governments to protect the gays and women who are made victims of religious intolerance, denigration and discrimination without a just cause.

Regards
DL
And it is up to the government to protect religious people from your intolerance too.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Greatest I am wrote:
FlashDangerpants wrote:Awesome, so we are done here. You no longer agree with Gustavo's fascist desire to evict Islam from Europe, and you have recognised that imposing a state religion is a terrible and stupid idea.

Regards
DL
All religions are moral, but so few are ethical.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:

Regards
DL
All religions are moral, but so few are ethical.
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/moral

Explain the difference between moral action and ethical action.

Regards
DL