It's time for government to get out of bed with religion.

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: It's time for government to get out of bed with religion.

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:When are you going to learn that the US is NOT the enire planet you demented sea monkey!

I like that; "demented sea monkey"
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Lacewing wrote:
bobevenson wrote:I have prophetic credentials, what the fuck do you have?
Arising_uk wrote: :lol: Qualifications.
Lacewing wrote:Sanity.
Arising_uk wrote:And a life.
Lacewing wrote:And friends.
Common Sense
Reason
The ability to discriminate between a placatory rejection letter and a letter verifying a prophesy
Common Decency
Politeness
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Where did you do your BA?
Polytechnic of North London, only one that could award an Hons I think. Lefty hot-bed or what! :)
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Arising_uk wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Where did you do your BA?
Polytechnic of North London, only one that could award an Hons I think. Lefty hot-bed or what! :)
You must be older than you appear. When did Polytechnics change to Unis?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Lacewing wrote:
bobevenson wrote:I have prophetic credentials, what the fuck do you have?
The ability to discriminate between a placatory rejection letter and a letter verifying a prophesy
Still can't come to grips with the letter from the spokesman of the Biblically ultra-conservative Spiritual Counterfeits Project who virtually renounced his own organization after reading "The Ouzo Prophecy," huh?
Greta

Post by Greta »

It's always the way, there's never any lithium around when you need it.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Greta wrote:It's always the way, there's never any lithium around when you need it.
Do you actually have an argument to make on my above statement? No, I didn't think so!
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote:
Greta wrote:It's always the way, there's never any lithium around when you need it.
Do you actually have an argument to make on my above statement? No, I didn't think so!
You do better at arguing against yourself. :lol:

PhilX
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote:
Lacewing wrote:
Still can't come to grips with the letter from the spokesman of the Biblically ultra-conservative Spiritual Counterfeits Project who virtually renounced his own organization after reading "The Ouzo Prophecy," huh?
It was actually Hobbes' who added that part.

There's nothing for anyone else to come to grips with, Bob. You're a gooney loon who can't stop babbling about his fantasies, and yet you have nothing productive or useful to show for them. It's really a bit sad to watch you spin in a circle as you do. Like a bug who has lost a wing... 'round and 'round you go, buzzing angrily.

I tell you what... as soon as you can tell the people of Britain and the rest of the world that you love them and their countries, then I will be willing to hear what else you have to say. But as long as you continue acting hateful and stupid on so many subjects, your opinion and stories are invalidated for me.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Lacewing wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
Lacewing wrote:
There's nothing for anyone else to come to grips with, Bob.
If you have actually read the SCP letter, there is only one rational conclusion you can come away with, that the man was totally blown away by the paper. I know it, you know it, and anybody who's not institutionalized knows it!
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote:If you have actually read the SCP letter, there is only one rational conclusion you can come away with, that the man was totally blown away by the paper. I know it, you know it, and anybody who's not institutionalized knows it!
YOU SHOULD be institutionalized, Bob. THAT is the problem. If you were, then you wouldn't be bombarding us with your mangled view of reality which is meaningless to everyone except you. I know it, you know it, and anybody who's not institutionalized knows it! :mrgreen: I still have hope for you, however. I think you could be a nice, interesting person if you'd let go of the insanity.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Got nothing to say about the letter, huh?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Lacewing wrote:
bobevenson wrote:If you have actually read the SCP letter, there is only one rational conclusion you can come away with, that the man was totally blown away by the paper. I know it, you know it, and anybody who's not institutionalized knows it!
YOU SHOULD be institutionalized, Bob. THAT is the problem. If you were, then you wouldn't be bombarding us with your mangled view of reality which is meaningless to everyone except you. I know it, you know it, and anybody who's not institutionalized knows it! :mrgreen: I still have hope for you, however. I think you could be a nice, interesting person if you'd let go of the insanity.
STOP THE INSANITY!

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Stop the naysayers of my mystically prophetic credentials!
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

bobevenson wrote:Got nothing to say about the letter, huh?

We've all see the letter and we've all had a laugh.
Noe scoot back into you kennel doggie.