John Pilger

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

John Pilger

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

John Pilger is always good to read, and very little of what goes on is reported in mainstream media. Obama should have had his Nobel peace prize taken off him. I can't imagine why he got it in the first place.

http://www.filmsforaction.org/articles/ ... e-silence/
bobevenson

Re: John Pilger

Post by bobevenson »

See, nobody's interested in that crap.
vegetariantaxidermy

bobevenson wrote:See, nobody's interested in that crap.
True. There's really no contest when it comes to John Pilger and you. Btw, thanks for commenting. At least it won't end up on the 'unanswered posts' wall of shame now. :mrgreen:
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
bobevenson wrote:See, nobody's interested in that crap.
True. There's really no contest when it comes to John Pilger and you. Btw, thanks for commenting. At least it won't end up on the 'unanswered posts' wall of shame now. :mrgreen:
Pilger is so head and shoulders above our local village idiot from SIn SIn arse City
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

John Pilger is with out a shadow of doubt one of the truly great investigative journalists of the twentieth century
As anyone who can raise fifty million dollars from a single documentary is nothing short of amazing in my opinion
Last edited by surreptitious57 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

surreptitious57 wrote:John Pilger is without a shadow of doubt one of the truly great investigative journalists of the twentieth century
Anyone who can raise fifty million dollars from a single documentary is nothing short of amazing in my humble opinion
To which documentary are you referring?
surreptitious57

John Pilger is with out a shadow of doubt one of the truly great investigative journalists of the twentieth century
As anyone who can raise fifty million dollars from a single documentary is nothing short of amazing in my opinion
surreptitious57

Year Zero / The Silent Death Of Cambodia one of the greatest documentaries ever and along with that unbelievable edition of the Daily Mirror helped him win the Journalist Of The Year. I was fortunate to have a copy of that edition. Not everybody did for unsurprisingly it sold out. The
front and middle pages were quite simply some of the greatest photojournalism of all time. If you have never seen the film it is on his website
We alone raised 3 . 5 million and another 45 million dollars was raised across the world. When John Pilger dies it will be a very sad day indeed
vegetariantaxidermy

surreptitious57 wrote:Year Zero / The Silent Death Of Cambodia one of the greatest documentaries ever and along with that unbelievable edition of the Daily Mirror helped him win the Journalist Of The Year. I was fortunate to have a copy of that edition. Not everybody did for unsurprisingly it sold out. The
front and middle pages were quite simply some of the greatest photojournalism of all time. If you have never seen the film it is on his website
We alone raised 3 . 5 million and another 45 million dollars was raised across the world. When John Pilger dies it will be a very sad day indeed
Thanks surreptitious, I'll look that up. He's a wonderful man. True investigative journalists are an endangered species. Journalists today now do something called 'media studies' at Uni. It's a load of bullshit of course.