The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Locked
bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by bobevenson » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:50 pm

FlashDangerpants wrote:You didn't provide any reason why the Fed should be considered criminal.
Because the things they do would land a private citizen in jail.

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 2166
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by FlashDangerpants » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:58 pm

bobevenson wrote:
FlashDangerpants wrote:You didn't provide any reason why the Fed should be considered criminal.
Because the things they do would land a private citizen in jail.
The things that the army does would and a private citizen in jail.
So would the things the police do - if you doubt it, just try kicking down somebody's door and searching their house for drugs (assuming you have never done that).

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by bobevenson » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:01 am

FlashDangerpants wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
FlashDangerpants wrote:You didn't provide any reason why the Fed should be considered criminal.
Because the things they do would land a private citizen in jail.
The things that the army does would and a private citizen in jail.
So would the things the police do - if you doubt it, just try kicking down somebody's door and searching their house for drugs (assuming you have never done that).
Stick to the fucking subject, idiot!

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 2166
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by FlashDangerpants » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:02 am

bobevenson wrote: Stick to the fucking subject, idiot!
No need to resort to such base abuse. I was responding directly to your claim and the point was perfectly valid.

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by bobevenson » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:05 am

I'm sorry, my friend. we're talking about the criminal activities of the Fed!

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 2166
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by FlashDangerpants » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:41 am

The reason you gave for their criminality was insufficient for the reasons I explained already (namely that the same problem applies to the police and army).
So are you going to try again?

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by bobevenson » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:58 pm

FlashDangerpants wrote:The reason you gave for their criminality was insufficient for the reasons I explained already (namely that the same problem applies to the police and army).
So are you going to try again?
It is fallacious to argue a point by referring to other matters. Again, it is criminal for the Fed to have a 2.5% annual inflation goal.

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 2166
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by FlashDangerpants » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:26 am

bobevenson wrote: It is fallacious to argue a point by referring to other matters. Again, it is criminal for the Fed to have a 2.5% annual inflation goal.
Why?

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by bobevenson » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:20 pm

FlashDangerpants wrote:
bobevenson wrote: It is fallacious to argue a point by referring to other matters. Again, it is criminal for the Fed to have a 2.5% annual inflation goal.
Why?
It is the responsibility of the Fed to maintain the dollar as a repository of value. If they purposely reduce the value of the dollar, it's no different than if they mugged you on the street and took money out of your wallet. Fortunately for Federal Reserve executives, they are not subject to being arrested, indicted, tried, convicted and thrown into jail like other criminals.

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 2166
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by FlashDangerpants » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:30 pm

Some inflation is a normal by product of any healthy economy.
Inflation in general is caused by vendors (which includes companies who sell products and employees who trade the labour for money) raising their prices.
The only way to make inflation stop dead in its tracks would be to freeze all prices at their current level.

If the Fed were to stick within your definition of legality they would have to prohibit all pay rises.
Is that policy an AEP election promise?

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by bobevenson » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:10 pm

FlashDangerpants wrote:Some inflation is a normal by product of any healthy economy.
Bullshit!!! You might as well say that strong-arm robbery is a normal by-product of any healthy economy!

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12306
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by Arising_uk » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:32 pm

You've sill not addressed the issue of hyperinflation that FDP says would happen if your idea of printing enough money to match products was to occur?

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 2166
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by FlashDangerpants » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:45 pm

bobevenson wrote:
FlashDangerpants wrote:Some inflation is a normal by product of any healthy economy.
Bullshit!!! You might as well say that strong-arm robbery is a normal by-product of any healthy economy!
Inflation is what happens when companies charge more for their products than they used to.
Can you manage to accept this well known fact?

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 2166
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by FlashDangerpants » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:51 pm

This thread is amazing. I just can't seem to find what level of BitSize McNugget of information is small enough to ram down this idiot's throat without choking him. I have never condescended to converse with somebody who needed a concept as simple as inflation reduced to that level before. And I really think he's going to find some way to misunderstand it still

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by bobevenson » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:55 pm

FlashDangerpants wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
FlashDangerpants wrote:Some inflation is a normal by product of any healthy economy.
Bullshit!!! You might as well say that strong-arm robbery is a normal by-product of any healthy economy!
Inflation is what happens when companies charge more for their products than they used to.
Can you manage to accept this well known fact?
Unfortunately, my friend, you know nothing about economics, and less about inflation. Since the government is 100% responsible for inflation, you can't blame it on anybody or anything else.
Last edited by bobevenson on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest