The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by bobevenson »

FlashDangerpants wrote:You didn't provide any reason why the Fed should be considered criminal.
Because the things they do would land a private citizen in jail.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

bobevenson wrote:
FlashDangerpants wrote:You didn't provide any reason why the Fed should be considered criminal.
The things that the army does would and a private citizen in jail.
So would the things the police do - if you doubt it, just try kicking down somebody's door and searching their house for drugs (assuming you have never done that).
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

FlashDangerpants wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
The things that the army does would and a private citizen in jail.
So would the things the police do - if you doubt it, just try kicking down somebody's door and searching their house for drugs (assuming you have never done that).
Stick to the fucking subject, idiot!
FlashDangerpants

bobevenson wrote: Stick to the fucking subject, idiot!
No need to resort to such base abuse. I was responding directly to your claim and the point was perfectly valid.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

I'm sorry, my friend. we're talking about the criminal activities of the Fed!
FlashDangerpants

The reason you gave for their criminality was insufficient for the reasons I explained already (namely that the same problem applies to the police and army).
So are you going to try again?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

FlashDangerpants wrote:The reason you gave for their criminality was insufficient for the reasons I explained already (namely that the same problem applies to the police and army).
So are you going to try again?
It is fallacious to argue a point by referring to other matters. Again, it is criminal for the Fed to have a 2.5% annual inflation goal.
FlashDangerpants

bobevenson wrote: It is fallacious to argue a point by referring to other matters. Again, it is criminal for the Fed to have a 2.5% annual inflation goal.
Why?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

FlashDangerpants wrote:
bobevenson wrote: It is fallacious to argue a point by referring to other matters. Again, it is criminal for the Fed to have a 2.5% annual inflation goal.
Why?
It is the responsibility of the Fed to maintain the dollar as a repository of value. If they purposely reduce the value of the dollar, it's no different than if they mugged you on the street and took money out of your wallet. Fortunately for Federal Reserve executives, they are not subject to being arrested, indicted, tried, convicted and thrown into jail like other criminals.
FlashDangerpants

Some inflation is a normal by product of any healthy economy.
Inflation in general is caused by vendors (which includes companies who sell products and employees who trade the labour for money) raising their prices.
The only way to make inflation stop dead in its tracks would be to freeze all prices at their current level.

If the Fed were to stick within your definition of legality they would have to prohibit all pay rises.
Is that policy an AEP election promise?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

FlashDangerpants wrote:Some inflation is a normal by product of any healthy economy.
Bullshit!!! You might as well say that strong-arm robbery is a normal by-product of any healthy economy!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

You've sill not addressed the issue of hyperinflation that FDP says would happen if your idea of printing enough money to match products was to occur?
FlashDangerpants

bobevenson wrote:
FlashDangerpants wrote:Some inflation is a normal by product of any healthy economy.
Bullshit!!! You might as well say that strong-arm robbery is a normal by-product of any healthy economy!
Inflation is what happens when companies charge more for their products than they used to.
Can you manage to accept this well known fact?
FlashDangerpants

This thread is amazing. I just can't seem to find what level of BitSize McNugget of information is small enough to ram down this idiot's throat without choking him. I have never condescended to converse with somebody who needed a concept as simple as inflation reduced to that level before. And I really think he's going to find some way to misunderstand it still
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

FlashDangerpants wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
Inflation is what happens when companies charge more for their products than they used to.
Can you manage to accept this well known fact?
Unfortunately, my friend, you know nothing about economics, and less about inflation. Since the government is 100% responsible for inflation, you can't blame it on anybody or anything else.
Last edited by bobevenson on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.