The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by bobevenson »

FlashDangerpants wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
FlashDangerpants wrote:Show me your economists.
Would you settle for me showing you my middle finger?
Your possession of some fingers was never in dispute.
Where are your economists?
I'd still like to show you my middle finger, but I'll settle for you showing me a single economist who disagrees that the government is 100% responsible for inflation, which means nothing else and nobody else.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:Would you settle for me showing you my middle finger?
Why are American so anally fixated, closet gay issues?

Still, we'd settle for you answering the major issue with your proposed taxation and banking 'policy'. Barring that we'd settle for you being a philosopher and admitting that your idea is a crock of old shit and that you need a major re-think about it for it to ever to amount to more than being a crock of old shit that would destroy the US ecomomy.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

bobevenson wrote: I'd still like to show you my middle finger, but I'll settle for you showing me a single economist who disagrees that the government is 100% responsible for inflation, which means nothing else and nobody else.
Did you think that is a difficult challenge? Are you that hopelessly out of your depth here?

The cost-push and demand-pull inflation concepts are taken from Keynes. So that would be the obvious choice.
http://inflationmatters.com/keynesian-inflation-theory/
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

FlashDangerpants wrote:
bobevenson wrote: I'd still like to show you my middle finger, but I'll settle for you showing me a single economist who disagrees that the government is 100% responsible for inflation, which means nothing else and nobody else.
Did you think that is a difficult challenge? Are you that hopelessly out of your depth here?

The cost-push and demand-pull inflation concepts are taken from Keynes. So that would be the obvious choice.
http://inflationmatters.com/keynesian-inflation-theory/

FD, Bob is also a self-proclaimed economist. So you have to ask, outside of himself, to name an economist who supports his crazy views?

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Again, let Bob the Baptist put it into terms that you idiots might understand. If the government wrote everybody a check for $10 million, do you think prices of everything might go up? If so, the value of the money that you already had would go down, becoming diluted by the government's monetary activity. The hard-earned money you assumed was a repository of value has just been stolen by a criminal government. That, my friends, is what inflation is all about. It's not about prices at all, but a dilution in the value of money.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Why do you keep repeating the same thing again and again when we've already told you that economists accept monetary inflation but they also accept price inflation. The question on our minds was about your proposal which entails you, according to your beliefs, allowing the banks to print enough money to match all your proposed property which by current estimates means you are going to be printing trillions of more dollars which presumably will cause hyper-inflation thereby, by your standards, making you a massive criminal. If you think this will not be the case can you say why not? If you can't then can you then just shut up as you're so far showing yourself to be anything but a prophet of the political and economical.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

As a prophet of all things spiritual, political and economic, I can tell you that economic inflation can only be properly defined as a dilution in the value of money. Under the AEP, while banks can issue money backed by property certificates, they will go bankrupt if they issue too much money that can't be repaid.
Last edited by bobevenson on Mon May 09, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:As a prophet of all things spiritual, political and economic, I can tell you that economic inflation can only be properly defined as a dilution in the value of money. ...
:lol: :roll: Disproven by history and proven by all the cases where prices have caused inflation. It's why there is something in Economics called Price Inflation.
Under the AEP, while banks can issue money back by property certificates, they will go bankrupt if they issue too much money that can't be repaid.
What property certificates? Are you now saying that all this property you say you are going to tax has to have a certificate? Given that you say pretty much everything is going to be considered property that will be millions if not billions and maybe even trillions of these certificates, how the hell are you going to administer that? It'll cost a fortune.

Still, ignoring that what do you mean by 'repaid', how do you repay money? Give them these 'property certificates' instead of money?

Still, lets say you manage all this, you're still going to allow the banks to print trillions of dollars as they will have all these property certificates, so if your idea gets implemented they will have to print this money according to your principles, this will immediately crash the whole US economy as you will create hyper-inflation with the influx of trillions of dollars on the scene. If you can even manage to print the amount of money you are going to need to match the estimated value of all property in the US. How will you solve this issue(the one you keep ignoring)?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Understandably, you fail to understand meta-economics in the same way that you fail to understand the book of Revelation, "The Ouzo Prophecy," and the game of Ouzo itself. It really doesn't matter how anybody else defines inflation since I alone am divinely inspired on the subject, which my prophetic credentials should prove to everyone except you nattering nabobs of negativism.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

And there you have it folks, no answer at all as usual and once and for all proving that bob is just another schizophrenic godbothering loon whose trolling should have had him banned from this philosophy forum many moons ago.

Your alliteration is mistaken boob as all we point out is the consequences of your idea. That you cannot deal with this is because you are harmless but mentally ill and having to think about what you say would threaten the safety of your insanity. Seek help.
FlashDangerpants

bobevenson wrote:Again, let Bob the Baptist put it into terms that you idiots might understand. If the government wrote everybody a check for $10 million, do you think prices of everything might go up? If so, the value of the money that you already had would go down, becoming diluted by the government's monetary activity. The hard-earned money you assumed was a repository of value has just been stolen by a criminal government. That, my friends, is what inflation is all about. It's not about prices at all, but a dilution in the value of money.
Let me see if I can put this in terms a less gifted individual such as you can master.

If the value of a dollar goes down by 10 percent... the cost of something that used to be 90c goes up to a dollar.

If the cost of the object does not go up by amount corresponding to the loss of the currencies value, the currency has not lost value. Because it is a currency, and its only value is what you can purchase with it.

Prices going up, and currencies losing value are just two ways of saying the same thing.

Do you understand yet?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

No, I'm sorry, you don't understand the subject at all. Just because something goes up in price does not mean that the value of money is necessarily being diluted by the criminal activity of government. It is probably because the supply and demand curves of the item are merely intersecting at a higher price.
FlashDangerpants

Well fuck me, that's easily the smartest response you have ever managed to any question.
I really want to congratulate you, but unfortunately you are still wide of the mark.

You are right only so long as we are discussing a specific 90c item becoming a dollar item.
If the value of money falls, the average 90c item becomes a dollar item.
That is why price inflation and the value of money are equal.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:No, I'm sorry, you don't understand the subject at all. ...
You're not understanding what is being said, presumably due to your selective reading ability.
Just because something goes up in price does not mean that the value of money is necessarily being diluted by the criminal activity of government. ...
We know!! As one, it's not a criminal activity and two, it's often nothing to do with the govt printing more money, it's to do with some macro-economic factor that causes an above board rise in the prices of everything, it's called Price Inflation and it occurred in the '70s over here due to the Oil Crisis and caused inflation that had nothing to do with the govt printing more money. Unless of course you have a better explanation for this event?
It is probably because the supply and demand curves of the item are merely intersecting at a higher price.
Dur! This is not the point he was trying to make.

Give it up bob, if implemented your prophetic ideas would destroy the US economy and until you come up with a credible implementation you are clearly the boob of all things political and economic, your 'divinity' is obviously not an economist or my case is true, you are in the pay or the dupe of 'Satan' and the 'Beast' and wish to give our world to them, hence you wish to create these 'property certificates' which sound suspiciously like we'll be needed a 'mark' to buy or sell anything.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

FlashDangerpants wrote:Well fuck me, that's easily the smartest response you have ever managed to any question.
I really want to congratulate you, but unfortunately you are still wide of the mark.

You are right only so long as we are discussing a specific 90c item becoming a dollar item.
If the value of money falls, the average 90c item becomes a dollar item.
That is why price inflation and the value of money are equal.
I'm sorry, but you're looking at two entirely separate and distinct issues that can result in a price increase: 1) a higher price of an item due to a different intersection of the supply and demand curves, or 2) the criminal activity of government raising the price of all items due to its dilution in the value of money.