Why are bombs OK, but guns bad?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Why are bombs OK, but guns bad?

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Arising_uk wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:... A quick check with Google has turned up only the American Civil War on the first page so a clarification was in order
Google like Wiki(although useful) is not the font of all wisdom especially given how it ranks 'truth'.
What stops you from contributing to Wiki to straighten it out?

PhilX
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Why are bombs OK, but guns bad?

Post by Arising_uk »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:What stops you from contributing to Wiki to straighten it out? ...
I prefer history books for my History.
Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Why are bombs OK, but guns bad?

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Arising_uk wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:What stops you from contributing to Wiki to straighten it out? ...
I prefer history books for my History.
The problem with them is when history is rewritten (e.g. with the Black Death, it used to be the history books only talked about Europe during the Middle Ages).

I think Wikipedia is better.

PhilX
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Why are bombs OK, but guns bad?

Post by Arising_uk »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:The problem with them is when history is rewritten (e.g. with the Black Death, it used to be the history books only talked about Europe during the Middle Ages).

I think Wikipedia is better.
I think you should use it a bit more then as there were pretty much no history books for most of the Middles Ages.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 9262
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by henry quirk »

"350 gun killings last year in Chicago."

Damned straight!

Thin that herd.
Post Reply