Why are bombs OK, but guns bad?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Why are bombs OK, but guns bad?

Post by Arising_uk »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:Because it's believed to be swift, painless, and sure. Personally I'd choose drugs, one last awesome trip, then off to the 'sleep of no dreaming!'
Which drugs are you thinking of? Easiest and most painless route is a hosepipe and a car.

The problem is that for many suicide is just a thought of despair which in many cases passes but if you have a gun around you can act on the moment. Which probably explains why your county is 50th and mine 105th in the suicide stakes or to put it another way you have twice as many who manage to kill themselves as we do.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Arising_uk wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:Yet if I killed your would be killer with a gun, the only way I possibly could have done so, you'd be damn glad I had one. You'd probably organize a parade!
What are you babbling on about now?
Your ignorance knows no bounds, thus anything to the contrary sounds like a babbling brook. Just white noise to your deaf ears.
SpheresOfBalance

Arising_uk wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:Because it's believed to be swift, painless, and sure. Personally I'd choose drugs, one last awesome trip, then off to the 'sleep of no dreaming!'
Which drugs are you thinking of?
A cocktail of several, taken over time!
Easiest and most painless route is a hosepipe and a car.
Far too foul to the sense of smell!
The problem is that for many suicide is just a thought of despair which in many cases passes but if you have a gun around you can act on the moment.
Obviously! Which is why guns are often chosen!

Which probably explains why your county is 50th and mine 105th in the suicide stakes or to put it another way you have twice as many who manage to kill themselves as we do.
So what does that really mean? That you Brits are far more fearful of death? Look, there are far too many people alive, that for the good people of earth, would be better off dead. If they only had the guts to use a gun on themselves to cure the worlds ills, I'd finally appreciate them!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:A cocktail of several, taken over time!
Why bother when just one overdose of heroin will dot it?

The problem with this scenario is that someone generally finds you and you are left with serious complications.
Hold your nose and you'll pass out pretty quick.
Yes, and if you didn't have easy access to them you may well wish to live the next morning.
So what does that really mean?
It means that if you don;t have easy access to guns you have less chance of killing yourself in a fit of depression.
That you Brits are far more fearful of death?
No, it means that if they kill themselves they have been more hard-working about it.
Look, there are far too many people alive, that for the good people of earth, would be better off dead. If they only had the guts to use a gun on themselves to cure the worlds ills, I'd finally appreciate them!
Oh! The humanity!! :lol:
Last edited by Arising_uk on Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:Your ignorance knows no bounds, thus anything to the contrary sounds like a babbling brook. Just white noise to your deaf ears.
It's babbling to me because you live in a John Wayne world. Now looking at the stats I guess you have a case for your country but in mine the chances of dying by murder is almost negligible and the idea that if someone was going to murder me you'd be around with your gun to save me just laughable. Yeehaw! Pardner!!
SpheresOfBalance

Arising_uk wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:A cocktail of several, taken over time!
Why bother when just one overdose of heroin will dot it?
Because my favorite drugs are those that open the mind, allowing perceptions that are usually unrealized. Only after I had allowed for differing perspective to be gleaned, and it not being produced, showing I had no capability in changing my world in the way I thought it unlivable, would I take the narcotic so as to induce the sleep of no dreaming. Not that I believe that it would ever be the case. I just know the process that I would undergo if it ever did. There is just far too much beauty in this universe for me to ever be that far gone, or so it surely seems at this juncture.

The problem with this scenario is that someone generally finds you and you are left with serious complications.
You underestimate my abilities. Not that I'm suicidal, though my life has been tough at times, if I decided to off myself, I would in fact be capable of completing the task.
Hold your nose and you'll pass out pretty quick.
Far too difficult and unpleasant. If I ever chose to do so, I would go gentle into the night. As it's opposite would in fact be that, which I was escaping.
Yes, and if you didn't have easy access to them you may well wish to live the next morning.
Far too messy for my tastes. I'm not so selfish as to leave such a mess, for potentially my loved one to have to deal with. I would rather put myself in a position to find an answer, to be sure there was no answer, before I commit.
So what does that really mean?
It means that if you don;t have easy access to guns you have less chance of killing yourself in a fit of depression.
I believe you speak of those that are physically/psychologically damaged, not someone like me. Sure there is no cure all. Those that would choose a gun could find another means just as swift and final.
That you Brits are far more fearful of death?
No, it means that if they kill themselves they have been more hard-working about it.
;-) Way to go! An attempt to propel your kind to the top. Know that it's you that carries such flags around. I believe in Neil Pearts lyrics in this case, "...better the pride that resides, in a citizen of the world; than the pride that divides, when a colorful rag is unfurled..." Though I often try and speak in another's lingo.
Look, there are far too many people alive, that for the good people of earth, would be better off dead. If they only had the guts to use a gun on themselves to cure the worlds ills, I'd finally appreciate them![/color]
Oh! The humanity!! :lol:
Hey it's absolutely true that those that are the most fearful of death, are the biggest dealers of death. They are also the most insane, and usually the most powerful via the law. Just another 90 lb. weakling muscle head. Make no mistake just because they wear a pair of coke bottle glasses, and can recite political jargon. Their brains are just as scrambled, for fear! Maybe even more so than a physical behemoth, assured that they have fewer challenges to their survival.
SpheresOfBalance

Arising_uk wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:Your ignorance knows no bounds, thus anything to the contrary sounds like a babbling brook. Just white noise to your deaf ears.
It's babbling to me because you live in a John Wayne world.
Wrong, as I was actually trained to not John Wayne it, yep, by the US DOD no less!

Now looking at the stats I guess you have a case for your country but in mine the chances of dying by murder is almost negligible and the idea that if someone was going to murder me you'd be around with your gun to save me just laughable. Yeehaw! Pardner!!
Exactly, you got it! Different solutions for different environments. It's really nor fair in/of thought to compare apples to oranges. Those that try and do so, aren't philosophers by any measure. Because Philosophy is the love of knowledge. To discount the truth of ever varying environments, knowledge is being ignored; ignorance being shown. I've said many times before, that if I had 'my' way, "ALL" human weapons, would be thrown into a star, and the knowledge of them erased from all humankind. But then I'm not that powerful, so I make do, as I see fit! I'm a peaceful man by nature, but I do believe in defense, directly proportional to the offense, emotionally! Of course intellectually, I understand the deterministic nature of humankind's current condition. So I'd rather err to the side of caution, so as to secure my relatively innocent survival.
UniversalAlien

Post by UniversalAlien »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
"Just put the gun against your head and squeeze the trigger."

You Hobbes are crap - Now it is your English forum where you should be able to get me bared, I complained about your statements and 'they' did nothing :!: - As any legitimate
forum that I know of would not allow a piece of crap like you to post a suggestion that someone damage or kill
themselves just to satisfy your sick love of totalitarian government control.

Hey mister gutless I have news for you - razor blades are still legal in Britain - are they not :?:

They are very sharp - didn''t the ripper {Jack the Ripper} use them :?:

If you want gun control to make people safe - What about sharp objects like razor blades :?:

Someone deciding to commit suicide can do so just as effectively and quickly as with a gun :!:

But I will not suggest this to you Hobbes.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"I Have Not Yet Begun to Fight," 1779
-John Paul Jones in Battle

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.......

And just who are 'we the people' :?:

First of all we were Englishmen - And now we are a conglomerate of many peoples

We are Indians, French, German, Italian, Russians, Jews, Muslims, Asians, Mexicans - We are the peoples of the world.

And we will not allow any totalitarian mind set to rule us - We will live for, and die for People's rights.

And the once great nation of England - What happened to this great nation?

- What happened to what the Winston Churchill called your greatest hour :?:

Are you to submit to a totalitarian New World Order that takes away your peoples right to defend your
person, your property and the people you love :?:

What happened to you Britain :?: The American Revolution you see was first and foremost a revolution
standing fot the rights of Englishmen everywhere :!:
Last edited by UniversalAlien on Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

UniversalAlien wrote:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
You were bastardising the language back then too. What the fuck does it even mean?
UniversalAlien

Post by UniversalAlien »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
UniversalAlien wrote:
You were bastardising the language back then too. What the fuck does it even mean?

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."
- Winston Churchill
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

UniversalAlien wrote:
UniversalAlien wrote:

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."
- Winston Churchill
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

UniversalAlien wrote:[
Hey mister gutless I have news for you - razor blades are still legal in Britain - are they not :?:

They are very sharp - didn''t the ripper {Jack the Ripper} use them :?:

If you want gun control to make people safe - What about sharp objects like razor blades :?:

Someone deciding to commit suicide can do so just as effectively and quickly as with a gun :!:

But I will not suggest this to you Hobbes.

"I Have Not Yet Begun to Fight," 1779
-John Paul Jones in Battle

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.......

And just who are 'we the people' :?:

First of all we were Englishmen - And now we are a conglomerate of many peoples

We are Indians, French, German, Italian, Russians, Jews, Muslims, Asians, Mexicans - We are the peoples of the world.

And we will not allow any totalitarian mind set to rule us - We will live for, and die for People's rights.

And the once great nation of England - What happened to this great nation?

- What happened to what the Winston Churchill called your greatest hour :?:

Are you to submit to a totalitarian New World Order that takes away your peoples right to defend your
person, your property and the people you love :?:

What happened to you Britain :?: The American Revolution you see was first and foremost a revolution
standing fot the rights of Englishmen everywhere :!:
Who has opened the door to Mr. Crazy this morning?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

UniversalAlien wrote:
It does not mean what they want it to mean. The meaning in the 18thC was clear.

It gives a right for "The People", not for individuals. It gives a right for The People to recruit a militia.
NOT for every Tom, Dick, and Harry to buy a rocket launcher.
henry quirk

It gives a right (to) "The People", not for individuals.

Post by henry quirk »

Exactly, so if I want a bazooka, I'll make no appeals to the 2nd...I'll just go get me a bazooka (the Black Market thrives...ya just gotta know where to go).

You people and yer silly laws...poop on them, and you.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

350 gun killings last year in Chicago. The anti gun control nerds say Chicago has gun control laws and this means those laws cause the killings. duh.

People just go out of state to get the guns. Chicago has the laws because of the killing not the other way round.

One city has more gun death in one year than the UK has in a century.