--- HAS ISIL ALREADY WON? ---

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

--- HAS ISIL ALREADY WON? ---

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I do not believe in ISIL, ISIS, Al-Qaeda, or the Taliban. I am not Muslim. I am not Islamic.
I don't even know what ANY of these organizations stand for.

I am an American.

The country I was born in is a Christian nation based upon religious freedom.

The country I find myself in now, though geographically is the same as my birth, I find that we have lost something...

I hear major politicians openly stating that we must kill all ISIL members.

#6 of the Christian, God given, ten commandments is – Thou shalt not kill.

I hear major politicians openly stating that we must restrict individuals that believe in one of the world's major religions from entering this country.

What has happened to the founding concept of religious freedom in America?

How could we even conceive, let alone verbalize, the restriction of a religion into America?

Are these our ONLY alternatives?

It seems that with the options that we are given, the options we are installing, we lose who we are before we begin.

We lose the battle just by engaging in the battle.

ISIL, ISIS, Al-Qaeda, the Taliban & any other emerging or existing middle eastern anti-American/anti-christian group has struck a vein and the world is bleeding.

This is a world-wide war waged by isolated extremists groups
that do not care to talk nor negotiate.

They don't wear uniforms.

Often they appear to be almost like ghosts...appearing out of nowhere, breeding on websites, moving inside the cracks of the Ethernet.

What is this thing that renders our traditional military almost useless?

What is this?

Where does the world find itself?

If this is a religious war, isn't a modern citizen of the world already past this juncture?

Are the violent outbreaks being used for political & monetary gain by ALL SIDES?

How do we fight this thing?

This thing that only wants to kill me. Only wishes to kill you.

They don't attempt to talk.

There is nothing to negotiate.

How does the free world engage this thing? This philosophy? This criminal element of a certain religious form.

This philosophy we have never seen before...the wordless philosophy of naked terror. Fear. Raw fear. Terror that seemingly cannot be ignored.

* THIS JUST IN * Trump has moved from 30% approval rating to 38% approval rating AFTER he came out with the anti-Muslim statement of restricting their entering America for a short period of time...until politicians can get their act together.

Thus...if we are engaged, Has ISIL Already Won?

Is there even a moral option? A civilized way? ...or is it already too late?

hazlett

Re: --- HAS ISIL ALREADY WON? ---

Post by hazlett »

I believe the events between ISIS, ISIL or any terrorist groups and Christian/non Christian people is religion war. Since all their(ISIS or any terrorist group) victims are Christians and people that opposes their belief. I don't know their reason why they kill people. Usually man kill because of variety of reasons such as: self defense, protect someone close to them, greed, imposing ones belief and etc. Killing them might be violating the #6 commandment of God and might not be the right solution. For, it may create animosity between Muslims and Christians. I often hear the saying defeat evil by doing good but, how? If fellow Christians fight each other or kill each other. Thus, it should start in us IMHO. I believe the ISIS hasn't won yet but if we don't find a right solution then, probably ISIS will win on this battle.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

This philosophy we have never seen before...the wordless philosophy of naked terror. Fear. Raw fear. Terror that seemingly cannot be ignored.
You're getting way too melodramatic! The philosophy of 'naked terror' has long been understood in history. ISIL or Daesh as they hate to be called (so let's call them that) don't even qualify as a footnote of a footnote in the history of terror. Also, let's not forget they are America's baby. Ever since the end of WWII American policy has been a geopolitical catastrophe - hardly noticed at home but definitely abroad.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Very good post.

Yeah, I was stretching and I knew I was being sort-of melodramatic when I added that afterthought to my original post.

I like your perspective.

Do you have any other feelings or thoughts in relation to this very specific topic?

I thank both of you for posting and the first reply is a great example of kind-of restating my original post but I like, very much, the way you stated it more clearly than I.

Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

hazlett wrote:I believe the events between ISIS, ISIL or any terrorist groups and Christian/non Christian people is religion war. Since all their(ISIS or any terrorist group) victims are Christians and people that opposes their belief. I don't know their reason why they kill people. Usually man kill because of variety of reasons such as: self defense, protect someone close to them, greed, imposing ones belief and etc. Killing them might be violating the #6 commandment of God and might not be the right solution. For, it may create animosity between Muslims and Christians. I often hear the saying defeat evil by doing good but, how? If fellow Christians fight each other or kill each other. Thus, it should start in us IMHO. I believe the ISIS hasn't won yet but if we don't find a right solution then, probably ISIS will win on this battle.
The only religious war I believe in, is the one where all religious people are asked to recant their creed, face re-education, or die with a bullet to the head.
ALl religion is a disease of the mind and we'd all be better off without it.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:The country I was born in is a Christian nation.
Please cite your evidence for that statement. What does it even mean? According to the CIA World Factbook, the U.S. is 78.4% Christian. According to a 2014 Pew survey, the percentage of Christians was closer to 70% with close to 23% claiming no religious identity. What is your cut-off point?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »