The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12307
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Arising_uk » Thu May 21, 2015 8:14 pm

bobevenson wrote:Spoken like a true Socialist, "More power to nut-jobs!"
No, as that would mean you. I meant more power to the nut-jobs who can contribute to science.

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by bobevenson » Fri May 22, 2015 1:20 pm

Arising_uk wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Spoken like a true Socialist, "More power to nut-jobs!"
No, as that would mean you. I meant more power to the nut-jobs who can contribute to science.
Well then, how about letting that son-of-a-bitch stick to science, huh?

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12307
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Arising_uk » Fri May 22, 2015 7:15 pm

bobevenson wrote:Well then, how about letting that son-of-a-bitch stick to science, huh?
I thought in America one had freedom of speech?

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by bobevenson » Fri May 22, 2015 8:47 pm

Arising_uk wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Well then, how about letting that son-of-a-bitch stick to science, huh?
I thought in America one had freedom of speech?
That idiot can say or do whatever he wants; however, I suggest he stay away from political/economics to avoid looking like the fool he is!

Melchior
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Melchior » Fri May 22, 2015 8:51 pm

Arising_uk wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Well then, how about letting that son-of-a-bitch stick to science, huh?
I thought in America one had freedom of speech?
Not the point. One can be demented anywhere.

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Fri May 22, 2015 9:56 pm

.





.............................................
Image





If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.
~ Noam Chomsky ~





.

Melchior
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Melchior » Fri May 22, 2015 9:58 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.
~ Noam Chomsky ~

LOL Of course, that does not mean we have no right to vilify him, to mock him, to accuse him.

artisticsolution
Posts: 1938
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:38 am
Contact:

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by artisticsolution » Sat May 23, 2015 1:33 pm

Melchior wrote:
Bill Wiltrack wrote:

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.
~ Noam Chomsky ~

] LOL Of course, that does not mean we have no right to vilify him, to mock him, to accuse him.
Yes, but do you do that because you see kindness as weakness?

Once, a conservative friend was telling me how much she hated our state senator Harry Reid. She told me a story about how he held a fund raiser to help members of her church (or family?). She told me about how great the night was and how much money he raised for them...and then she said...."my family can't stand him!"

:shock:

Melchior
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Melchior » Sun May 24, 2015 12:46 am

artisticsolution wrote:
Melchior wrote:
Bill Wiltrack wrote:

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.
~ Noam Chomsky ~

] LOL Of course, that does not mean we have no right to vilify him, to mock him, to accuse him.
Yes, but do you do that because you see kindness as weakness?
Yes. Read Nietzsche.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9023
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sun May 24, 2015 1:04 am

bobevenson wrote:If Wiltrack thinks he's great, that's reason enough to shun him like the plague!
If you hate him then that's a good enough reason to like him.

Melchior
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Melchior » Sun May 24, 2015 1:12 am

What a moron you are, obviously.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9023
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sun May 24, 2015 1:28 am

Melchior wrote:What a moron you are, obviously.
:lol:

artisticsolution
Posts: 1938
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:38 am
Contact:

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by artisticsolution » Sun May 24, 2015 2:27 pm

Melchior wrote:
artisticsolution wrote:

Yes, but do you do that because you see kindness as weakness?
Yes. Read Nietzsche.
See...childish romantic notion. Very few people could live the life Nietzsche lived (it was too miserable), much less be as intelligent and innovative. For society as a whole, survival depends on a social network of people who are kind enough to help one another. The type of anti-social behavior conservatives exhibit is not healthy. Their type of thinking is not good for humanity's well being and advancement.

Gary Childress
Posts: 1756
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: The Domain of Confusion

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Gary Childress » Sun May 24, 2015 3:12 pm

artisticsolution wrote:
Melchior wrote:
artisticsolution wrote:

Yes, but do you do that because you see kindness as weakness?
Yes. Read Nietzsche.
See...childish romantic notion. Very few people could live the life Nietzsche lived (it was too miserable), much less be as intelligent and innovative. For society as a whole, survival depends on a social network of people who are kind enough to help one another. The type of anti-social behavior conservatives exhibit is not healthy. Their type of thinking is not good for humanity's well being and advancement.
Hear, hear, Artisticsolution. It should also be noted that Nietzsche received a modest pension for most of his life to keep him from the 19th century equivalent of flipping burgers for a living. Maybe they should have terminated his pension (just out of meanness and spite)?

artisticsolution
Posts: 1938
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:38 am
Contact:

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by artisticsolution » Sun May 24, 2015 5:13 pm

Gary Childress wrote: Hear, hear, Artisticsolution. It should also be noted that Nietzsche received a modest pension for most of his life to keep him from the 19th century equivalent of flipping burgers for a living. Maybe they should have terminated his pension (just out of meanness and spite)?
Thanks Gary. Interesting tidbit...Can't imagine Nietzsche philosophizing about anything if he was busy flipping burgers! Ah...but for the kindness of humanity....right? :wink:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests