The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Melchior
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 pm

The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Melchior » Wed May 13, 2015 3:26 am


User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Wed May 13, 2015 3:36 am

.






..........................................
Image



LOVE Chomsky...an intellectual treasure.


The hero America needs.





.

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by bobevenson » Wed May 13, 2015 1:05 pm

If Wiltrack thinks he's great, that's reason enough to shun him like the plague!

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11964
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Arising_uk » Wed May 13, 2015 2:36 pm

And yet you ape Bill's formatting?

Melchior
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Melchior » Wed May 13, 2015 2:39 pm

Arising_uk wrote:And yet you ape Bill's formatting?

LOL Some people think writing in big letters makes them more important.

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by bobevenson » Wed May 13, 2015 3:07 pm

First of all, a prophet has no need for large fonts, but since a 200 font is available for emphasis, perhaps you idiots should take it up with Rick.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11964
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Arising_uk » Wed May 13, 2015 4:36 pm

Why? Is he forcing you to use it?

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by bobevenson » Wed May 13, 2015 5:22 pm

Arising_uk wrote:Why? Is he forcing you to use it?
He provides it, so he must think it has a function, but I can understand why a dum-dum like you asks such a stupid question.

User avatar
WanderingLands
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by WanderingLands » Wed May 13, 2015 6:50 pm

"Anti-American Hate"? So anyone questioning the propaganda disseminated by the US is "Anti-American"? To me, this enitre article is nothing but emotional slanging on part of Horowitz, and the usual propaganda spewed by mass media to pigeon-hole dissenters into 'terrorists'.

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by bobevenson » Wed May 13, 2015 6:54 pm

WanderingLands wrote:So anyone questioning the propaganda disseminated by the US is "Anti-American"?
Please elaborate on this so-called propaganda disseminated by the American government.

User avatar
WanderingLands
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by WanderingLands » Wed May 13, 2015 7:15 pm

bobevenson wrote:Please elaborate on this so-called propaganda disseminated by the American government.
Been doing so for a while now since on this forum, mentioning for example the ISIS propaganda narrative, which was unfortunately deleted; along with that, COINTELPRO, September 11th, War on Terror. Let's also include a fuller range of U.S. Interventions to cover more of their foreign policy.

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by bobevenson » Wed May 13, 2015 8:08 pm

WanderingLands wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Please elaborate on this so-called propaganda disseminated by the American government.
Been doing so for a while now since on this forum, mentioning for example the ISIS propaganda narrative, which was unfortunately deleted; along with that, COINTELPRO, September 11th, War on Terror. Let's also include a fuller range of U.S. Interventions to cover more of their foreign policy.
Don't hide behind that crap you just posted, spell out the specific "propaganda" you're talking about!

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11964
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Arising_uk » Wed May 13, 2015 8:28 pm

bobevenson wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:Why? Is he forcing you to use it?
He provides it, so he must think it has a function, but I can understand why a dum-dum like you asks such a stupid question.
How come you don't use all the formatting functions then boob? Just the one that lets you SHOUT!

You are a complete loon, the phpbb software is a generic package and I know Rick has no interest in the implementation or functions and I doubt Bora wastes any time on what fonts or formats are provided and just implements the default package.

Melchior
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Melchior » Wed May 13, 2015 8:45 pm

WanderingLands wrote:
"Anti-American Hate"? So anyone questioning the propaganda disseminated by the US is "Anti-American"? To me, this enitre article is nothing but emotional slanging on part of Horowitz, and the usual propaganda spewed by mass media to pigeon-hole dissenters into 'terrorists'.
What 'propaganda'? The author accuses Chomsky of being intellectually bankrupt, dishonest, etc. I agree with the author. I am appalled that Philosophy Now has honored him.

User avatar
WanderingLands
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by WanderingLands » Wed May 13, 2015 9:16 pm

Melchior wrote: What 'propaganda'? The author accuses Chomsky of being intellectually bankrupt, dishonest, etc. I agree with the author. I am appalled that Philosophy Now has honored him.
The propaganda that Horowitz repeats in that article; that anyone that questions the US government's foreign policy is basically considered to be 'anti-American', or 'in support of terrorism'.

I think that Horowitz' article is more "intellectually bankrupt, and dishonest". His article reeks of multiple examples of faulty black and white thinking: "rallies against America’s right to defend herself", "wherever young people manifest an otherwise incomprehensible rage against their country", "how it is possible for American youth to even consider lending comfort and aid to the Osama bin Ladens and the Saddam Husseins (and the Communists before them)". It contains a ton of hyperbole, such as to say that the atrocities committed by the US were "intended to present [it] as the devil incarnate", and as "a worthy target of attack for the guerilla forces of “social justice” all over the world".

I'm not all that big into Chomsky, as I've never really read much of his work, and that I'm not really aligned so much with the Left; but this article is just a terrible diatribe.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests