The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Melchior

The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Melchior »

Bill Wiltrack

Re: The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

LOVE Chomsky...an intellectual treasure.

The hero America needs.

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

If Wiltrack thinks he's great, that's reason enough to shun him like the plague!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

And yet you ape Bill's formatting?
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

Arising_uk wrote:And yet you ape Bill's formatting?

LOL Some people think writing in big letters makes them more important.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

First of all, a prophet has no need for large fonts, but since a 200 font is available for emphasis, perhaps you idiots should take it up with Rick.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Why? Is he forcing you to use it?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:Why? Is he forcing you to use it?
He provides it, so he must think it has a function, but I can understand why a dum-dum like you asks such a stupid question.
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

"Anti-American Hate"? So anyone questioning the propaganda disseminated by the US is "Anti-American"? To me, this enitre article is nothing but emotional slanging on part of Horowitz, and the usual propaganda spewed by mass media to pigeon-hole dissenters into 'terrorists'.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

WanderingLands wrote:So anyone questioning the propaganda disseminated by the US is "Anti-American"?
Please elaborate on this so-called propaganda disseminated by the American government.
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

bobevenson wrote:Please elaborate on this so-called propaganda disseminated by the American government.
Been doing so for a while now since on this forum, mentioning for example the ISIS propaganda narrative, which was unfortunately deleted; along with that, COINTELPRO, September 11th, War on Terror. Let's also include a fuller range of U.S. Interventions to cover more of their foreign policy.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

WanderingLands wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Please elaborate on this so-called propaganda disseminated by the American government.
Been doing so for a while now since on this forum, mentioning for example the ISIS propaganda narrative, which was unfortunately deleted; along with that, COINTELPRO, September 11th, War on Terror. Let's also include a fuller range of U.S. Interventions to cover more of their foreign policy.
Don't hide behind that crap you just posted, spell out the specific "propaganda" you're talking about!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:Why? Is he forcing you to use it?
He provides it, so he must think it has a function, but I can understand why a dum-dum like you asks such a stupid question.
How come you don't use all the formatting functions then boob? Just the one that lets you SHOUT!

You are a complete loon, the phpbb software is a generic package and I know Rick has no interest in the implementation or functions and I doubt Bora wastes any time on what fonts or formats are provided and just implements the default package.
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

WanderingLands wrote:
"Anti-American Hate"? So anyone questioning the propaganda disseminated by the US is "Anti-American"? To me, this enitre article is nothing but emotional slanging on part of Horowitz, and the usual propaganda spewed by mass media to pigeon-hole dissenters into 'terrorists'.
What 'propaganda'? The author accuses Chomsky of being intellectually bankrupt, dishonest, etc. I agree with the author. I am appalled that Philosophy Now has honored him.
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

Melchior wrote: What 'propaganda'? The author accuses Chomsky of being intellectually bankrupt, dishonest, etc. I agree with the author. I am appalled that Philosophy Now has honored him.
The propaganda that Horowitz repeats in that article; that anyone that questions the US government's foreign policy is basically considered to be 'anti-American', or 'in support of terrorism'.

I think that Horowitz' article is more "intellectually bankrupt, and dishonest". His article reeks of multiple examples of faulty black and white thinking: "rallies against America’s right to defend herself", "wherever young people manifest an otherwise incomprehensible rage against their country", "how it is possible for American youth to even consider lending comfort and aid to the Osama bin Ladens and the Saddam Husseins (and the Communists before them)". It contains a ton of hyperbole, such as to say that the atrocities committed by the US were "intended to present [it] as the devil incarnate", and as "a worthy target of attack for the guerilla forces of “social justice” all over the world".

I'm not all that big into Chomsky, as I've never really read much of his work, and that I'm not really aligned so much with the Left; but this article is just a terrible diatribe.