Outside cameras, for or against?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Outside cameras, for or against?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Wyman wrote:
The rest of the world must be very impressionable, as you seem to believe that every bad thing in every corner of the world is a result of Americanisms 'rubbing off' on others. Turn your satellite links off and stop watching American TV if that is what you want. Here's an Americanism for you: Be a Leader not a Follower. They teach that in kindergarten.
No, the US is very powerful and manipulative. I'm not a leader OR a follower, unless it's a follower of logic and reason. I suppose you think the Iraq invasion never happened. I suppose you believe the world is the same now as it was before 9/11. I guess it's an illusion that the US is constantly meddling in the Middle East and not letting it sort out its own problems.
Perhaps your entire country is just a fictional optical illusion. You don't really love guns. You aren't warmongers who are in love with anyone in the military. You have lovely voices. The world media is just one huge conspiracy to make you look bad (odd, since the US has a monopoly on it). I'm sure you are the most peaceful country on the planet. :lol: I suppose you haven't noticed that muslims are becoming MORE radical, not less since your 'war on terror' (more yank dramatics). I wonder why that would be?
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Being serious now. Doesn't your privacy mean anything to you? What about your freedom to go about your business without being constantly watched? Do you really want to be spied on all the time? You need to think very carefully about the implications.
Assuming you're a fine, outstanding citizen from wherever you exist on this planet, what is it that worries you so much? What are you doing that gets you so nervous?

(note: to give some historical meaning to this, think about the time that Thomas Edison lit up the world. It's felt that a dropoff in crime was due to this invention back then. There are other positives to the idea of outdoor monitoring with the cameras that I haven't even touched upon).

Outside of the internet, I still have indoor privacy. Isn't that enough?

PhilX
That's just bullshit. You don't know what the technology might be used for, 'fine upstanding citizen' (whatever that means) or not. It's touching that you are so trusting of your powermongers. It's so weird the way you yanks rant on about your 'freedom', yet it's in all the wrong places and you don't even see it disappearing before your eyes.
How would you feel about being micro-chipped then, with your every movement tracked and recorded? I mean, it would be nothing to worry about as long as you are a 'fine, upstanding citizen', now would it?
Our govts. are supposed to be there to serve us, not spy on us. Unfortunately your national paranoia is rubbing off on the rest of the world. The govt. here introduced new laws that allow it to spy on us, including private emails, AGAINST the will of the public, saying we need to 'trust' them LOL. When politicians say you need to trust them you know there's something very wrong.
So the rest of the world continues to pay for your '9/11' ad infinitum, possibly to the point of WW111.
Why should I take the word of a stranger on her vitriolic BS. Doesn't want to say what country's she's from. Says she's opposed to how the police may misuse the technology (yet she's not worried about getting on the internet unless she's going through somebody else's computer), overlooking the positive benefits that may result. I can keep on going. So far you have failed to sway me.

PhilX
Last edited by Philosophy Explorer on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote:Why should I take the word of a stranger on her vitriolic BS. Doesn't want to say what country's she's from. Says she's opposed to how the police may misuse the technology (yet he's not worried about getting on the internet unless he's going through somebody else's computer), overlooking the positive benefits that may result. I can keep on going. So far you have failed to sway me.

PhilX
Did I say the police would misuse it? Anyone could. The buying and selling of 'private' information is a massive industry. Why do you want to be spied on? Be careful what you wish for. It's already happening anyway, so you should be happy about that. I'm not doing anything illegal on the internet, or are you suggesting I shouldn't be allowed to criticise the US? We still have a smidgen of free speech left. I've seen what vile, jealous, vindictive yanks with no life can do to people on the other side of the world, so I practice caution, and treat the internet as a useful but potentially dangerous tool. Were you thinking of reporting me to the CIA for 'unAmerican activities'? :shock: Um, I'm not American, so ALL of my activities are 'unAmerican'. :roll:
You CHOOSE to reveal where you are from. I would never ask anyone that on here. It's none of my business, and none of yours.
Yanks always say where they are from because they imagine the rest of the world loves and admires them. Even if they don't say it, it's pretty obvious, because they assume that everyone else knows all about their politicians and internal affairs. When are you going to realise that there's a whole planet out there, and people aren't necessarily that interested in you?
Wyman

Post by Wyman »

Wyman wrote:
The rest of the world must be very impressionable, as you seem to believe that every bad thing in every corner of the world is a result of Americanisms 'rubbing off' on others. Turn your satellite links off and stop watching American TV if that is what you want. Here's an Americanism for you: Be a Leader not a Follower. They teach that in kindergarten.
No, the US is very powerful and manipulative. I'm not a leader OR a follower, unless it's a follower of logic and reason. I suppose you think the Iraq invasion never happened. I suppose you believe the world is the same now as it was before 9/11. I guess it's an illusion that the US is constantly meddling in the Middle East and not letting it sort out its own problems.
Perhaps your entire country is just a fictional optical illusion. You don't really love guns. You aren't warmongers who are in love with anyone in the military. You have lovely voices. The world media is just one huge conspiracy to make you look bad (odd, since the US has a monopoly on it). I'm sure you are the most peaceful country on the planet. :lol: I suppose you haven't noticed that muslims are becoming MORE radical, not less since your 'war on terror' (more yank dramatics). I wonder why that would be?
I didn't say anything good or bad about the U.S.. I said quit blaming your problems on others. Or do you live in Iraq?

I don't own a gun or love them. I was against the war in Iraq in which many countries participated). I don't know what you are talking about re: voices, unless you are hearing them in your head. And I would love to let the mideast sort out their own problems - although any time an act of genocide occurs, the world blames the U.S. or the 'West' for not acting quickly enough.

You seem to be the conspiracy theorist, paranoid that your actions are being controlled by the U.S..
vegetariantaxidermy

Wyman wrote:
Wyman wrote:
I didn't say anything good or bad about the U.S.. I said quit blaming your problems on others. Or do you live in Iraq?

I don't own a gun or love them. I was against the war in Iraq in which many countries participated). I don't know what you are talking about re: voices, unless you are hearing them in your head. And I would love to let the mideast sort out their own problems - although any time an act of genocide occurs, the world blames the U.S. or the 'West' for not acting quickly enough.

You seem to be the conspiracy theorist, paranoid that your actions are being controlled by the U.S..
Where did I say that? You don't seem to understand any of my points. I thought I was a clear writer. My actions are controlled only by me.
It's not 'conspiracy theorism' when it's true. The 'Americanisation' of the planet is very real. For obvious reasons it's not going to bother Americans. Don't expect me to like it, or take it lying down. I much prefer my own culture thanks.
Clearly there are nowhere near enough people over there who think like you do, or your country wouldn't do the things it does.
Philosophy Explorer

To keep this thread up to date, the latest rage now is to equip the police with on-body cameras and certain towns aren't renewing contracts for redlight cameras.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote:To keep this thread up to date, the latest rage now is to equip the police with on-body cameras and certain towns aren't renewing contracts for redlight cameras.

PhilX
Really? I haven't heard any such thing. Are you talking about any particular country?
Philosophy Explorer

Philosophy Explorer wrote:To keep this thread up to date, the latest rage now is to equip the police with on-body cameras and certain towns aren't renewing contracts for redlight cameras.

PhilX
Really? I haven't heard any such thing. Are you talking about any particular country?
The US VT. What's going on in your country?

PhilX