Outside cameras, for or against?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Outside cameras, for or against?

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

This thread is an outgrowth of another and is an expansion on red light cameras.

Let's say that it became possible to view everywhere outside of the home by the police through installation of cameras everywheres (outside).

Here are the questions:

1) Are you for or against it?
2) Would it cut down on crime? (I believe it would which would be one way it would pay for itself)
3) Can this take the place of the police? (another possible way it would pay for itself)
4) Is it an invasion of privacy even though this is taking place in public?

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Outside cameras, for or against?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Have you read 1984? Why not go all out and have compulsory cameras IN the home, in every room? That way everyone could be monitored to make sure they pooh in the correct manner and wipe their arse appropriately and hygienically. It would also ensure that no one gets up to anything too diabolical in the bedroom.
Plus, how fat and lazy do you want your police force to get? I understand they already subsist on doughnuts, and rarely get off their arses.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Have you read 1984? Why not go all out and have compulsory cameras IN the home, in every room? That way everyone could be monitored to make sure they pooh in the correct manner and wipe their arse appropriately and hygienically. It would also ensure that no one gets up to anything too diabolical in the bedroom.
Plus, how fat and lazy do you want your police force to get? I understand they already subsist on doughnuts, and rarely get off their arses.
Your response is mostly irrelevant to the OP. Let me ask you if the US has done something to you/country to warrant your denigrating the US or are you just trying to make cozy chat on this thread? What country are you from that makes you think you can look down on the US?

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Have you read 1984? Why not go all out and have compulsory cameras IN the home, in every room? That way everyone could be monitored to make sure they pooh in the correct manner and wipe their arse appropriately and hygienically. It would also ensure that no one gets up to anything too diabolical in the bedroom.
Your response is mostly irrelevant to the OP. Let me ask you if the US has done something to you/country to warrant your denigrating the US or are you just trying to make cozy chat on this thread? What country are you from that makes you think you can look down on the US?

PhilX
It's not my fault you are a literal idiot.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:

PhilX
It's not my fault you are a literal idiot.
Now I know why Bob disliked you so much. You know so little about the US. Didn't even know who John Boehner is. You're pathetic.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Why the fuck should I know who that person is? I'm pretty sure you aren't clued up on the politics of my country either.
Ooh, that I should be disliked by Bob. How awful. :lol: I think he might have been liquidated from here anyway.
Btw, who's the President now? Still Ronald Reagan, the senile ex movie star?
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Why the fuck should I know who that person is? I'm pretty sure you aren't clued up on the politics of my country either.
Ooh, that I should be disliked by Bob. How awful. :lol: I think he might have been liquidated from here anyway.
Like you really care who's President now. What country did you say you're from? Yeah I thought so.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Why the fuck should I know who that person is? I'm pretty sure you aren't clued up on the politics of my country either.
Like you really care who's President now. What country did you say you're from? Yeah I thought so.

PhilX
Are you this dim in the real world? Btw, have you ever noticed how much Donny Osmond resembles the serial killer Ted Bundy? I think they were separated at birth.
Did you know that Animal Planet runs a continuing series about a bunch of loonies 'hunting' for Bigfoot? I mean, how many hours of TV viewing can be taken up with fuzzy footage of people in gorilla suits in the far distance, and random bush rustlings? Is it any wonder people think you are a nation of demented idiots?
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philosophy Explorer

PhilX
Are you this dim in the real world? Btw, have you ever noticed how much Donny Osmond resembles the serial killer Ted Bundy? I think they were separated at birth.
Sometimes I think you're dim yourself. So what does your response have to do with the OP?

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sometimes I think you're dim yourself. So what does your response have to do with the OP?

PhilX
A better question would be 'what does it NOT have to do with the OP?' Give me some hope, please.
vegetariantaxidermy

Speaking of 'Bigfoot' (does he only have one?), what's next? 'In search of the tooth fairy'?
vegetariantaxidermy

Being serious now. Doesn't your privacy mean anything to you? What about your freedom to go about your business without being constantly watched? Do you really want to be spied on all the time? You need to think very carefully about the implications.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Being serious now. Doesn't your privacy mean anything to you? What about your freedom to go about your business without being constantly watched? Do you really want to be spied on all the time? You need to think very carefully about the implications.
Assuming you're a fine, outstanding citizen from wherever you exist on this planet, what is it that worries you so much? What are you doing that gets you so nervous?

(note: to give some historical meaning to this, think about the time that Thomas Edison lit up the world. It's felt that a dropoff in crime was due to this invention back then. There are other positives to the idea of outdoor monitoring with the cameras that I haven't even touched upon).

Outside of the internet, I still have indoor privacy. Isn't that enough?

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Being serious now. Doesn't your privacy mean anything to you? What about your freedom to go about your business without being constantly watched? Do you really want to be spied on all the time? You need to think very carefully about the implications.
Assuming you're a fine, outstanding citizen from wherever you exist on this planet, what is it that worries you so much? What are you doing that gets you so nervous?

(note: to give some historical meaning to this, think about the time that Thomas Edison lit up the world. It's felt that a dropoff in crime was due to this invention back then. There are other positives to the idea of outdoor monitoring with the cameras that I haven't even touched upon).

PhilX
That's just bullshit. You don't know what the technology might be used for, 'fine upstanding citizen' (whatever that means) or not. It's touching that you are so trusting of your powermongers. It's so weird the way you yanks rant on about your 'freedom', yet it's in all the wrong places and you don't even see it disappearing before your eyes.
How would you feel about being micro-chipped then, with your every movement tracked and recorded? I mean, it would be nothing to worry about as long as you are a 'fine, upstanding citizen', now would it?
Our govts. are supposed to be there to serve us, not spy on us. Unfortunately your national paranoia is rubbing off on the rest of the world. The govt. here introduced new laws that allow it to spy on us, including private emails, AGAINST the will of the public, saying we need to 'trust' them LOL. When politicians say you need to trust them you know there's something very wrong.
So the rest of the world continues to pay for your '9/11' ad infinitum, possibly to the point of WW111.
Wyman

Post by Wyman »

PhilX
That's just bullshit. You don't know what the technology might be used for, 'fine upstanding citizen' (whatever that means) or not. It's touching that you are so trusting of your powermongers. It's so weird the way you yanks rant on about your 'freedom', yet it's in all the wrong places and you don't even see it disappearing before your eyes.
How would you feel about being micro-chipped then, with your every movement tracked and recorded? I mean, it would be nothing to worry about as long as you are a 'fine, upstanding citizen', now would it?
Our govts. are supposed to be there to serve us, not spy on us. Unfortunately your national paranoia is rubbing off on the rest of the world. The govt. here introduced new laws that allow it to spy on us, including private emails, AGAINST the will of the public, saying we need to 'trust' them LOL. When politicians say you need to trust them you know there's something very wrong.
So the rest of the world continues to pay for your '9/11' ad infinitum, possibly to the point of WW111.
your national paranoia is rubbing off on the rest of the world
The rest of the world must be very impressionable, as you seem to believe that every bad thing in every corner of the world is a result of Americanisms 'rubbing off' on others. Turn your satellite links off and stop watching American TV if that is what you want. Here's an Americanism for you: Be a Leader not a Follower. They teach that in kindergarten.