Israelian apartheid bus-system

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

The Voice of Time

Israelian apartheid bus-system

Post by The Voice of Time »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntRzZ3DeuZA

It seems Israelis have such a distaste of their neighbours that a semi-formal (semi because it's not affecting all bus systems) apartheid bus-system has been made. I find this move outrageous. That Israel is an apartheid state isn't big news, they've been that all the way back to th 1948 Palestinian exodus, 1949–1956 Palestinian exodus, and the 1967 Palestinian exodus, but the fact that it moves backwards in time when it comes to social policies, the fact that Israel chooses to be a backwards state in matters of social progress, is disturbing, and only boils down to more racism, more prejudice, more "them and not we", more social angst versus Arab strangers (specified xenophobia), and it will lead to less mercy, less understanding and less empathy, for both sides of the coin.
Impenitent

Re: Israelian apartheid bus-system

Post by Impenitent »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pa ... de_attacks

it nice that the Helsinki hellraisers don't actually exist...

-Imp
The Voice of Time

Impenitent wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pa ... de_attacks

it nice that the Helsinki hellraisers don't actually exist...

-Imp
so you encourage people to be afraid? Because some few crazy individuals do shit you should be afraid of an entire people? That's extremely racist an idea. That's like the arch-type of xenophobia. And worst of all: it's cowardice, and to the facts of the matter irrational, because the chance of experiencing bombing attacks are minimal, and the chance increases the more you segregate the population and hardens the barriers of communication.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

fear has nothing to do with it

turn the other cheek - and die; or bite the hand that slaps?

-Imp
The Voice of Time

your sentence has nothing to do with what is being discussed.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Just because Great Britain controlled Palestine before 1948 did not give it the right to turn over control to an imaginary Israel anymore than the U.S. government could turn over control of America to a group of displaced people wanting to rename it and establish their own government.
rantal

Post by rantal »

bobevenson wrote:Just because Great Britain controlled Palestine before 1948 did not give it the right to turn over control to an imaginary Israel anymore than the U.S. government could turn over control of America to a group of displaced people wanting to rename it and establish their own government.
Bob, learn some history, originally the Arabs agreed to divide the area into two states, including that land that had been purchased from Arabs and the Ottomans by Jews. One part was to remain Arab the other Israeli. The Arabs then renaged on this deal, greedily insisting that all the land must be Arab. Prior to British control the land was under the control of the Ottomans.

all the best, rantal

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

rantal wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Just because Great Britain controlled Palestine before 1948 did not give it the right to turn over control to an imaginary Israel anymore than the U.S. government could turn over control of America to a group of displaced people wanting to rename it and establish their own government.
Bob, learn some history, originally the Arabs agreed to divide the area into two states, including that land that had been purchased from Arabs and the Ottomans by Jews. One part was to remain Arab the other Israeli. The Arabs then renaged on this deal, greedily insisting that all the land must be Arab. Prior to British control the land was under the control of the Ottomans.

all the best, rantal

Ever think of learning how to spell?
rantal

Post by rantal »

My appologies, I am dislexic and have to rely heavily on spell checkers, as I belive I informed you once before, when your pedancy got the better of you

all the best, rantal
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

rantal wrote:My appologies, I am dislexic and have to rely heavily on spell checkers, as I belive I informed you once before, when your pedancy got the better of you

all the best, rantal
Medical Dictionary
dyslexia dys·lex·i·a (dĭs-lěk'sē-ə)
n.
A learning disorder marked by impairment of the ability to recognize and comprehend written words.

Does dyslexia also impair the ability to recognize and comprehend written ideas? Just wondering. (Please, oh, please don't report this as abuse!)
rantal

Post by rantal »

No, that is your disability not mine

all the best, rantal
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

rantal wrote:No, that is your disability not mine

all the best, rantal
Sorry, Bob the Baptist has no mental disabilities, confirmed by "The Ouzo Prophecy," of which you have not the slightest comprehension.
rantal

Post by rantal »

I thought maybe you were autistic, certainly you struggle with conceptual understanding

all the best, rantal
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

rantal wrote:I thought maybe you were autistic, certainly you struggle with conceptual understanding

all the best, rantal
Wow, talk about struggling with conceptual understanding, you can't even understand how to play Ouzo, the simplest game in the world, much less understanding "The Ouzo Prophecy," a simple four-page message from God.
rantal

Post by rantal »

Incorrect, I fully understand your text, it is of no value

all the best, rantal