Page 1 of 5

Left to the free market, end up with horse meat burgers

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:23 am
by rantal
If you leave everything up to the free market you end up with horse meat in your burgers!

all the best, rantal

Re: Left to the free market, end up with horse meat burgers

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:57 am
by Impenitent
and if we leave it to the benevolent dictates of government masters, you end up with Soylent Green

-Imp

Re: Left to the free market, end up with horse meat burgers

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:24 am
by rantal
But I am not suggesting that, it is not a question of either/or

all the best, rantal

Re: Left to the free market, end up with horse meat burgers

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:51 pm
by bobevenson
rantal wrote:If you leave everything up to the free market you end up with horse meat in your burgers.
Actually, there's nothing wrong with horse meat, but if you sell beef that is actually horse meat, that is fraud, which is not what a free market is all about, but I realize you don't understand that.

Re: Left to the free market, end up with horse meat burgers

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:27 pm
by rantal
I suggest you read the English news

all the best, rantal

Re: Left to the free market, end up with horse meat burgers

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:58 pm
by bobevenson
rantal wrote:I suggest you read the English news
Why the hell would I want to do that???

Re: Left to the free market, end up with horse meat burgers

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:47 pm
by rantal
Because then you sill learn that the free market did exactly that

all the best, rantal

Re: Left to the free market, end up with horse meat burgers

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:41 pm
by bobevenson
rantal wrote:Because then you sill learn that the free market did exactly that

all the best, rantal
Did exactly what? I'm afraid you've been hanging out with Bill Wiltrack a little too long.

Re: Left to the free market, end up with horse meat burgers

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:14 pm
by rantal
In UK, meat has been discovered to be contaminated with horse meat

all the best, rantal

Re: Left to the free market, end up with horse meat burgers

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:06 pm
by bobevenson
rantal wrote:In UK, meat has been discovered to be contaminated with horse meat

all the best, rantal
I knew that, and mixing horse meat into beef is fradulent unless that is what the customer wants.

Re: Left to the free market, end up with horse meat burgers

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:32 pm
by rantal
That's the free market for you

all the best, rantal

Re: Left to the free market, end up with horse meat burgers

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:03 pm
by bobevenson
rantal wrote:That's the free market for you.
What the hell does that mean. How about a concrete example?

Re: Left to the free market, end up with horse meat burgers

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:05 pm
by rantal
The concrete example is the horse meat found in burgers

Now, why did you say your theory was a concrete example?

all the best, rantal

Re: Left to the free market, end up with horse meat burgers

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:11 pm
by bobevenson
rantal wrote:The concrete example is the horse meat found in burgers

Now, why did you say your theory was a concrete example?

all the best, rantal
If somebody puts horse meat in the beef, that is prima facie evidence of fraud. That is not what is meant by a free market. Stay away from economics, my friend.

Re: Left to the free market, end up with horse meat burgers

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:16 pm
by rantal
Unfortunately, fraud is rife in a free market

Now, why did you say your theory was a concrete example?

all the best, urban