The Dollar and world economy crash

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

chaz wyman

Re: The Dollar and world economy crash

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote: OK, give me a third-rate (or fourth-rate or fifth-rate or any rate) economics certification of you!
Sorry I don't have any third rate qualifications.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:
bobevenson wrote: OK, give me a third-rate (or fourth-rate or fifth-rate or any rate) economics certification of you!
Well, I guess that proves my suspicion that you can't even read without help. Let me take you through my last sentence very slowly. I said, "fourth-rate, fifth-rate or any rate," you semi-illiterate Brit!
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
Well, I guess that proves my suspicion that you can't even read without help. Let me take you through my last sentence very slowly. I said, "fourth-rate, fifth-rate or any rate," you semi-illiterate Brit!
You fucking crack me up. I'll quote you, your stupid sentence.
OK, give me a third-rate (or fourth-rate or fifth-rate or any rate) economics certification of you!
And repeat it with the appropriate words enlarged for the hard of thinking.

OK, give me a third-rate (or fourth-rate or fifth-rate or any rate) economics certification of you!
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:You fucking crack me up. I'll quote you, your stupid sentence.
OK, give me a third-rate (or fourth-rate or fifth-rate or any rate) economics certification of you! And repeat it with the appropriate words enlarged for the hard of thinking. OK, give me a third-rate (or fourth-rate or fifth-rate or any rate) economics certification of you!
I know it's hard for you to fathom the words in parenthesis, so I'll try to help you out even further, thusly: (or fourth-rate or fifth-rate or any rate) In other words, do you have any economics certification from first-rate to infinity-rate???
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Bob, what would happen if everyone agreed to do away with the dollar as the reserve currency? It is not unrealistic to consider, as countries who fear America's military power, could use this as a way to fight physical force via economic strength, especially as some of the larger countries are not really friendly with the USofA. Would this not affect Americans severely. What if other countries stopped using the dollar completely? Imagine the change in the lifestyle currently enjoyed by Americans today. This has been suggested in America's Economic Report. Could this happen or rather when will it happen or is it nonsense to even contemplate.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:You fucking crack me up. I'll quote you, your stupid sentence.
OK, give me a third-rate (or fourth-rate or fifth-rate or any rate) economics certification of you! And repeat it with the appropriate words enlarged for the hard of thinking. OK, give me a third-rate (or fourth-rate or fifth-rate or any rate) economics certification of you!
I know it's hard for you to fathom the words in parenthesis, so I'll try to help you out even further, thusly: (or fourth-rate or fifth-rate or any rate) In other words, do you have any economics certification from first-rate to infinity-rate???
I

Duh I don't have any of those either, moron.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:Duh I don't have any of those either, moron.
Just as I thought, so I guess you are forced to admit that my third-rate certification trumps your no certification at all. Of course, you'll come back with some stupid rejoinder, but at least everyone can see what a dope you are.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

reasonvemotion wrote:Bob, what would happen if everyone agreed to do away with the dollar as the reserve currency? It is not unrealistic to consider, as countries who fear America's military power, could use this as a way to fight physical force via economic strength, especially as some of the larger countries are not really friendly with the USofA. Would this not affect Americans severely. What if other countries stopped using the dollar completely? Imagine the change in the lifestyle currently enjoyed by Americans today. This has been suggested in America's Economic Report. Could this happen or rather when will it happen or is it nonsense to even contemplate.
It does not matter what other countries do with their money, whether it is their currency or our currency. It does not matter if other countries don't want to buy anything at all from us, or that they want to flood our market with everything they can at prices lower than the cost of production. It doesn't matter if they want to devalue their money against the dollar to stimulate their exports to us. In other words, it doesn't matter what economic actions other countries take, they have absolutely no bearing on our own economic policies. In our own best interests, we should unilaterally and immediately scrap every piece of foreign trade legislation in existence, regardless of what other countries do. I don't know how many more ways I can put it, but countries can take any economic actions they want, and I do mean, any, and it should have absolutely no bearing at all on the United States of America. I hope I've made myself sufficiently clear.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

I hope I've made myself sufficiently clear.
I apologise for my ignorance in matters of finance, they have never been my strong point. It needs to be explained to me in simple terms.

The difficulty I have is that it appears all matters are now global, what affects one, affects many.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

reasonvemotion wrote:
I hope I've made myself sufficiently clear.
I apologise for my ignorance in matters of finance, they have never been my strong point. It needs to be explained to me in simple terms.

The difficulty I have is that it appears all matters are now global, what affects one, affects many.
You don't have to apologize since economics is nobody's strong point, including me, but I do understand that what happens in the rest of the world should not severely impact our own economy. Let's say there was a civilization on Mars, and we did a lot of business with Martians via space travel. If Mars suddenly had a catastrophe, and no more business could be conducted there, sure, there would be immediate economic changes that would create problems for some earthlings, but such problems would be temporary, and within a relatively short period of time, things would be back to normal. The only possible long-term problems would be those created by the government's taxation, monetary and spending programs.
Last edited by bobevenson on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Now your talking my language. LOL

It is the "long term" problems you have presented that could be the spanner in the works to recovery.

Knowing how governments operate.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

reasonvemotion wrote:It is the "long term" problems you have presented that could be the spanner in the works to recovery. Knowing how governments operate.
Yes, and, unfortunately, all of them operate improperly, which explains why these problems never go away.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

UK on the brink of collapse. Their debt is five times more than the economy is worth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9qdVBlK ... ure=relmfu

The only two nations worse than the UK are Ireland and Japan.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

reasonvemotion wrote:UK on the brink of collapse. Their debt is five times more than the economy is worth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9qdVBlK ... ure=relmfu

The only two nations worse than the UK are Ireland and Japan.
You don't have to be a prophet to know that Chaz will now post some nonsense that proves the UK is actually the gold standard of economic policy.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Oh, but wait...... isn't he the man with two passports? Just to be on the safe side. One foot in the U S of A and the other in Britain. Looks like a guy who sits on the fence. LOL
Last edited by reasonvemotion on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.