woke

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: woke

Post by Iwannaplato »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:07 am No, "Woke" is a new term. It did not exist when the KKK was operating, or when Hitler was.
Actually amongst African Americans it's been around for a long time. It meant being aware of places it was not safe for AAs to go. Then in this century, the meaning expanded to include a range of issues and was no longer used just by or even primarily by AAs. And the KKK, where they were active say, is a perfect example of the way the term would have been used when the KKK was, yes, still active. Hitler too, though he was not encompassed by the way the term was used.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:27 am I ask again, what is your definition of 'right wing'?
And again I say, I answered that. Go back and read.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:32 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:27 am I ask again, what is your definition of 'right wing'?
No, you didn't. You have never defined left or right. Why are you such a liar? Were you brought up catholic?
You are happy to call the entire 'left' 'woke', which would have to include the KKK and Nazis (according to you). So where is the 'right'? What is it?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:43 am
No, you didn't.
Yeah, I did. I even gave the ideological positions I regarded as on each side, and said why. Page 12, in the middle.
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:35 am
No, you didn't.
Yeah, I did. I even gave the ideological positions I regarded as on each side, and said why. Page 12, in the middle.
:lol:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:46 am

No, you didn't.
Couldn't find it?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:03 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:46 am
Couldn't find it?
I, for one, found your definition of the Left but didn’t see what you said about the Right.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:53 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:46 am :lol:
Couldn't find it?
I, for one, found your definition of the Left but didn’t see what you said about the Right.
Libertarians, Anarchists, and other individualists. It's right in the middle. But I'll give you more, if you like, because you're a reasonable person.

There's much debate about what "Left" and "right" might entail. We're certainly a long way from its original days, when it referred to French parliamentary factions. Nowadays, people use it less formally, and to refer to a bunch of different ideological orientations. "Left" and "right" have become less like definable ideologies in their own right, and more like compass orientations toward which certain ideologies point, to one degree or another. So my definitions are not going to be uncontestable, but rather take the form of generalizations that I would say often hold.

To make it simple, the Left's hallmark is collectivism. The right's is individualism. Where the Left is for big government, the right tends to be for smaller, more limited government. The Left advocates market regulation, and the right, more free markets. The Left advocates group rights and mass management, and the right tends to advocate individual rights and personal liberties. The Left talks about diversity, but insists on ideological conformity; the right tends to welcome a "free market of ideas," or at least a much less constrained one. The right tends to favour meritocracy, and the Left opts for forced pseudo-equalization (it's never actual). The Left leans toward utopianism, and the right toward laissez-faire. The Left believes in the social construction of identity, and the right, that identity is a combination of something like nature and nurture...

There are lots of other such distinctions, but these will do for a start.

One of the most serious liabilities of the Left, however, is its invariable romance with totalitarianism, as we have seen in Russia, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Venezuela, Cuba, North Korea, and every other place where Leftism has been allowed to rule. That, if nothing else, should make us very skeptical of Leftist ideologies. They kill far too many people.
Walker

Post by Walker »

IC wrote: ...
:thumbsup:

Quite clear and concise.

The Left also hates dissenting opinions, which is quite a deviation from Liberalism, in keeping with how they redefine Liberalism. The Left will crush dissenting opinions with censorship because dissent tends to interfere with the collectivist view, which explains all the social media antics in the spirit of Leftist suppression such as banning, shadow banning, and the like. This is effective because social media is more than chit-chat, it has become a tool of commerce and livelihood.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:56 pm

Quite clear and concise.

The Left also hates dissenting opinions, which is quite a deviation from Liberalism, in keeping with how they redefine Liberalism. The Left will crush dissenting opinions with censorship because dissent tends to interfere with the collectivist view, which explains all the social media antics in the spirit of Leftist suppression such as banning, shadow banning, and the like. This is effective because social media is more than chit-chat, it has become a tool of commerce and livelihood.
Why do you say that social media has become a sort of business media?

Thanx
vegetariantaxidermy

Quite clear and concise.

''The Left hates dissenting opinions..'' That has to be one of the stupidest things you've ever posted (and there are thousands to choose from).
You might as well say 'Purple hates garden furniture'. It's depressing how stupid you are. I hope you haven't passed your stupid into the genetic pool.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:07 pm

Quite clear and concise.

''The Left hates dissenting opinions..'' That has to be one of the stupidest things you've ever posted (and there are thousands to choose from).
You might as well say 'Purple hates garden furniture'. It's depressing how stupid you are. I hope you haven't passed your stupid into the genetic pool.
Apparently, Veggie is struggling to understand the rhetorical device known as "metonymy." :wink:
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:25 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:04 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:59 pm
No, historical fact. Go and look it up. It's true.
So what? And yeah, I've read this. Do you have a point?
Yep. But I think it's made.

You said that people on the right could be KKK. I say there's no reason to think so, and every reason, in fact, to know that's not so.
I never said any such thing. Anyone with at least half a brain cell knows that the KKK epitomes extreme right wing ideology. According to you, the KKK are 'woke'. You said they are 'left wing' and since you believe that 'left wing' and 'woke' mean exactly the same thing then the KKK must be woke.
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:19 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:53 pm
Couldn't find it?
Libertarians, Anarchists, and other individualists. It's right in the middle. But I'll give you more, if you like, because you're a reasonable person.

There's much debate about what "Left" and "right" might entail. We're certainly a long way from its original days, when it referred to French parliamentary factions. Nowadays, people use it less formally, and to refer to a bunch of different ideological orientations. "Left" and "right" have become less like definable ideologies in their own right, and more like compass orientations toward which certain ideologies point, to one degree or another. So my definitions are not going to be uncontestable, but rather take the form of generalizations that I would say often hold.

To make it simple, the Left's hallmark is collectivism. The right's is individualism. Where the Left is for big government, the right tends to be for smaller, more limited government. The Left advocates market regulation, and the right, more free markets. The Left advocates group rights and mass management, and the right tends to advocate individual rights and personal liberties. The Left talks about diversity, but insists on ideological conformity; the right tends to welcome a "free market of ideas," or at least a much less constrained one. The right tends to favour meritocracy, and the Left opts for forced pseudo-equalization (it's never actual). The Left leans toward utopianism, and the right toward laissez-faire. The Left believes in the social construction of identity, and the right, that identity is a combination of something like nature and nurture...

There are lots of other such distinctions, but these will do for a start.

One of the most serious liabilities of the Left, however, is its invariable romance with totalitarianism, as we have seen in Russia, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Venezuela, Cuba, North Korea, and every other place where Leftism has been allowed to rule. That, if nothing else, should make us very skeptical of Leftist ideologies. They kill far too many people.
But according to you 'the left' means 'woke', so 'the right' must mean 'fascist'. I'm glad we've cleared that up. It's great that you have finally agreed that you are a fascist.
And the whole universe is 'collectivist', dipshit (as much as I hate the thought of being connected with you in any way). Go and live alone in a jungle somewhere (if you can find one). See how long you survive. You won't even have your little buddy Henry to help you, because that would be a 'collective' :lol:
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:31 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:25 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:04 pm

So what? And yeah, I've read this. Do you have a point?
Yep. But I think it's made.

You said that people on the right could be KKK. I say there's no reason to think so, and every reason, in fact, to know that's not so.
I never said any such thing.
VT wrote: You might as well say that everyone who votes centre-right is a member of the KKK.
Apparently, somebody's been stealing your computer and your pseudonym.

I recommend you sue.
According to you, the KKK are 'woke'.

I'd say, "Show me where I said that," but I already know you can't.

What I said, if you look, is that the KKK are not Republican or "right wing." The KKK was, from its inception, Democrat. And you know that's true, if you checked.