Ukraine Crisis

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

popeye1945

Re: Ukraine Crisis

Post by popeye1945 »

Belinda wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:57 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:00 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:44 am

Like it or not, the world is in better hands with the US than with Putin. Putin is much more autocratic and totalitarian. Not a good thing for the world at this point. The US pulled out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Putin can do the same with Ukraine and save a lot of people some misery. If Putin conquers Ukraine it basically sends the signal that there is such a thing as gainful aggression.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
At least half the world disagrees with you. and are not a big fan of the American empire, which in the past has not been a kind master.
The few Americans I have known would disapprove of the US sponsoring Israel in its aggression against Palestinians. One wonders if the reason for the sponsorship is numbers of influential Jews in the US. Do US Jews largely feel themselves to be Zionists?
One always runs the risk of being labeled anti-sematic when discussing Israel but one can understand that Israel is essential to fulfilling the Jewish statement, "Never Again," it is no secret that Israel is a powerful lobbyist in the United States. I know the United States as a dark force in the world and the fact that together Israel backed by the United States might be corrupted by that power is rather strikingly obvious. Palestinians have paid the bill for the guilt of the world in failing in its humanity towards the Jewish people during the Holocaust. Nietzsche's statement comes to mind, "Those who fight monsters must beware of becoming one." Today it looks like the world's humanity is failing the Palestinian people. I believe that the majority of necessity, knowing the history of the Holocaust and the Jewish historical experience of oppression found Zionism the only avenue open to them. Having compassion for one people should not in that process deny compassion to another, the Jewish state needs to practice the compassion that humanity at large has failed to show them, historically speaking. That said, one needs to keep in mind that Palestinians from the beginning to the present day, refuse to accept the existence of Israel, has expressed that with suicide bombers and other means of violence, this is just history that cannot be ignored.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:21 pm You root for Ukraine as America's puppet if you are ok with a world totally ruled by America, that is the agenda!
Like it or not, the world is in better hands with the US than with Putin. Putin is much more autocratic and totalitarian. Not a good thing for the world at this point. The US pulled out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Putin can do the same with Ukraine and save a lot of people some misery. If Putin conquers Ukraine it basically sends the signal that there is such a thing as gainful aggression.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
At least half the world disagrees with you. and are not a big fan of the American empire, which in the past has not been a kind master.
If someone doesn't like the US that's understandable. After what the Bush family did to the world, I can't blame them. However, it's really little more than an ad hominem argument to say that Ukraine should lose because the US has done evil in the past. Aggression is aggression whether it's the US or Russia invading a country.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:23 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If someone doesn't like the US that's understandable. After what the Bush family did to the world, I can't blame them. However, it's really little more than an ad hominem argument to say that Ukraine should lose because the US has done evil in the past. Aggression is aggression whether it's the US or Russia invading a country.
Then you should think it righteous that Russia establishes a military base on the Canadian border directly across from Buffalo Newyork --yes!! Ukraine is a puppet of US aggression towards Russia, take the blinders off. Even on a civil level, an individual has the right to defend himself.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Age wrote:
What does, "fall internally, but still remain the superior country in terms of weaponry", even mean or refer to exactly?
Been on Twitter lately?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:28 pm

The few Americans I have known would disapprove of the US sponsoring Israel in its aggression against Palestinians. One wonders if the reason for the sponsorship is numbers of influential Jews in the US. Do US Jews largely feel themselves to be Zionists?
One always runs the risk of being labeled anti-sematic when discussing Israel but one can understand that Israel is essential to fulfilling the Jewish statement, "Never Again," it is no secret that Israel is a powerful lobbyist in the United States. I know the United States as a dark force in the world and the fact that together Israel backed by the United States might be corrupted by that power is rather strikingly obvious. Palestinians have paid the bill for the guilt of the world in failing in its humanity towards the Jewish people during the Holocaust. Nietzsche's statement comes to mind, "Those who fight monsters must beware of becoming one." Today it looks like the world's humanity is failing the Palestinian people. I believe that the majority of necessity, knowing the history of the Holocaust and the Jewish historical experience of oppression found Zionism the only avenue open to them. Having compassion for one people should not in that process deny compassion to another, the Jewish state needs to practice the compassion that humanity at large has failed to show them, historically speaking. That said, one needs to keep in mind that Palestinians from the beginning to the present day, refuse to accept the existence of Israel, has expressed that with suicide bombers and other means of violence, this is just history that cannot be ignored.
Excellent discussion from Popeye.
I't's ironic that Jesus was a Palestinian.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Belinda wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:49 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:28 pm
Excellent discussion from Popeye.
I't's ironic that Jesus was a Palestinian.

Belinda, much thanks for the compliment.