Roe v Wade Overturned?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Abortion Overturned? No, Just Federal Jurisdiction.

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:39 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:07 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:41 am
Not constitutional. That's the issue.

If it was an attack on abortion, per se, the court would have ruled to ban it. They didn't. They just kicked it back to the proper jurisdictional authority, as the constitution has things.
Why was R v. W "unconstitutional?"
Well, as I understand it, there's no provision in the US constitution for the Federal government to impose regulations on such things.

You'll remember that the "United States" (notice the name) was formed by individual "states" agreeing to "federate" into a single national system. But there never was any thought of making every state the same, nor would many states have joined the Union if they had been told they would have to have all the same laws, policies and lifestyles as, say, Maine or Rhode Island in Kentucky or Texas. A "federation" is a free and voluntary asssociation of different states for limited, common purposes, not an authoritarian imposition of sameness from a tyrannical, central government.

The goal of the Federal Republican system is to limit the power of the national government to only those matters over which it has justifiable control (such as, say, national defense, borders and interstate affairs) and otherwise leave matters that have to do with private life to the judgment of the individual states, or even to the local governments, rather than trying to impose some vision of national uniformity.

The constitution contains no rights associated with reproduction or prevention thereof. So it's not a matter of Federal jurisdiction. That means R v. W. was always an unconstitutional decision, and the Federal government never had any right to impose a national policy regarding it. So now that's been fixed.
Well, there was a lot of disagreement over slavery and the Constitution as well. Not saying it is necessarily the same here, however, slave-holding states were also adamantly for "states' rights", believing that it ought to be up to the states to determine if the institution were legal. So I think there is arguably a precedent for the Federal Government to take the lead on some things that are not specifically outlawed by the constitution. I suppose time may or may not tell who was right in this debate.
Gary Childress

Re: Abortion Overturned?

Post by Gary Childress »

godelian wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:35 am The West still tries to impose its feminist and other "woke" views onto the rest of the world, that are destructive of the family, and many of whom also disturb the Russians. As Lukashenko of Belarus already clarified, the Russian Federation is now sick and tired of the western bullshit. One more serious provocation, and they will not hesitate to use nuclear weapons to address the problem.

Someone has to do something about the problem, and I would be most grateful to Putin if he decisively eradicates it. The West is walking on eggshells now.
Sounds like you got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Are you serious? Do you really think nuclear weapons are a "solution" to liberalism? And what is meant by "one more" provocation? What has the West done to "provoke" Russia? And isn't Russia more or less a totalitarian state? Why should anyone side with them in their invasion of Ukraine?
Immanuel Can

Re: Abortion Overturned? No, Just Federal Jurisdiction.

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:42 am I think there is arguably a precedent for the Federal Government to take the lead on some things that are not specifically outlawed by the constitution.
Basic human rights are in the constitution. Slavery was always an unconstitutional arrangement, I would say...unless you were to buy into the Southern propaganda to the effect that slaves were not human, of course, which I assume you do not.

But abortion, and sexual mores generally, are not at all present in the constitution...not even implicitly. So they were probably always constitutionally a state's issue. That's what the decision says.

Personally, I would accept your analogy. I would say that abortion's more akin to slavery...because as with slavery, a class of people is being treated as if they had no rights -- and in this case, not just enslaved and abused, but actually brutally, callously murdered.

So I think the Feds should be able to intervene on a human rights basis. I don't think they will, though. And certainly, they never had any right to legislate abortion as universal. That was always totalitarian...and wicked.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:51 am Sounds like you got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Are you serious? Do you really think nuclear weapons are a "solution" to liberalism? And what is meant by "one more" provocation? What has the West done to "provoke" Russia? And isn't Russia more or less a totalitarian state? Why should anyone side with them in their invasion of Ukraine?
Lithuania recently tried very similar shenanigans as Ukraine.

"Hey, we are part of NATO. So, we will blockade Kaliningrad, whether you like it or not!"

The EU wisely instructed Lithuania to back off already.

Ukraine was actually doing that too:

"Hey, we are almost part of NATO. So, fuck you, Russia!"

At that point, the EU was not in a position to advise Ukraine to back off. That is unfortunate for Ukraine, because now they are finally getting mauled and torn to pieces. There is a price attached to being arrogant and disrespectful. There is simply no such thing as a free lunch.

Ukraine somehow gambled on NATO to back them up. However, that is not possible, because that will automatically lead to a nuclear attack on the West with Sarmat-2 ("Satan-2") missiles.

Feminist countries are arrogant and disrespectful because feminists are arrogant and disrespectful. That is why a feminist county runs a much higher risk to get bombed to smithereens.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

godelian wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:54 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:26 pm Oh I see you are a Muslim - that explains everything.
I had no other choice than to switch from Christianity to Islam.

I do not want any advice from modern Christianity because it is no longer a religion. I reject any opinion from that origin as heretical.

If modern Christians have very similar views and behaviors as atheists, it means that modern Christianity is in reality an insidiously deceptive form of atheism.
HA, from idiot to moron
godelian

Post by godelian »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:09 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:26 pm Oh I see you are a Muslim - that explains everything.

I do not want any advice from modern Christianity because it is no longer a religion. I reject any opinion from that origin as heretical.

If modern Christians have very similar views and behaviors as atheists, it means that modern Christianity is in reality an insidiously deceptive form of atheism.
HA, from idiot to moron
So, you meant to say that you "respectfully disagree"?

Ha ha ha ha ah! ;-)
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

godelian wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:36 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:09 am

HA, from idiot to moron
So, you meant to say that you "respectfully disagree"?

Ha ha ha ha ah! ;-)
No not at all. I simply observe a person who has switched from one delusion to another.
There is nothing here so there is nothing to disagree with; its all nonsense.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:52 am No not at all. I simply observe a person who has switched from one delusion to another.
I do not believe that traditional Christianity was a delusion.
I do consider modern Christianity, however, to be fake because it does not work.
Just to give you an example. If you want a chaste spouse, can you find her in a Muslim family? Yes, it is very possible.
If you want a chaste spouse, can you find her in a modern Christian family? No, pretty much impossible. The situation is as bad as with atheist families. So, that is already one undeniable functional deficiency, of the many, of modern Christianity.

There are numerous reasons why modern Christianity is ineffective. Religion is a tool with which we seek to achieve various goals. Original Christianity was actually quite effective as a tool. Modern Christianity is not. So, if you still want to use the tool of religion, what do you do? Well, in that case, switch to a tool that still works, such as Islam.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

godelian wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:38 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:52 am No not at all. I simply observe a person who has switched from one delusion to another.
I do not believe that traditional Christianity was a delusion.
I do consider modern Christianity, however, to be fake because it does not work.
Just to give you an example. If you want a chaste spouse, can you find her in a Muslim family? Yes, it is very possible.
If you want a chaste spouse, can you find her in a modern Christian family? No, pretty much impossible. The situation is as bad as with atheist families. So, that is already one undeniable functional deficiency, of the many, of modern Christianity.

There are numerous reasons why modern Christianity is ineffective. Religion is a tool with which we seek to achieve various goals. Original Christianity was actually quite effective as a tool. Modern Christianity is not. So, if you still want to use the tool of religion, what do you do? Well, in that case, switch to a tool that still works, such as Islam.
I have no interest in "belief". What you do or not belief is of no concern to me, as I consider you to be delusional as I do all persons who adopt religious dogmas.
It is only when such idiocies impinge upon the way I live my life, then you have set yourself up as a problem.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:54 pm I have no interest in "belief". What you do or not belief is of no concern to me, as I consider you to be delusional as I do all persons who adopt religious dogmas.
These religious dogmas are incredibly useful to me. Apparently, they are not useful to you. In that case, don't use them.
It is like saying: "I don't like a screwdriver, because I never need to unscrew a screw." Fair enough. In that case, don't use a screwdriver.
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:54 pm It is only when such idiocies impinge upon the way I live my life, then you have set yourself up as a problem.
I wonder in what sense someone else's religion impinges on you? Nobody has ever insisted that you to believe in it.
We are already 1.6 billion believers in Islam.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

godelian wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:04 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:54 pm I have no interest in "belief". What you do or not belief is of no concern to me, as I consider you to be delusional as I do all persons who adopt religious dogmas.
These religious dogmas are incredibly useful to me. Apparently, they are not useful to you. In that case, don't use them.
It is like saying: "I don't like a screwdriver, because I never need to unscrew a screw." Fair enough. In that case, don't use a screwdriver.
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:54 pm It is only when such idiocies impinge upon the way I live my life, then you have set yourself up as a problem.
I wonder in what sense someone else's religion impinges on you? Nobody has ever insisted that you to believe in it.
You wonder?? Fucking hell!
Use your fucking imagination.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:42 pm
Who even cares?

By the way, Vladimir Putin is religious. I really like that guy. He is doing a great job. Long overdue, really.
promethean75

Re: Roe v Wade Overturned?

Post by promethean75 »

Well I think keeping the giant black lesbian basketball player imprisoned for five months already (not counting the possible 10 year sentence) just for having some weed oil, is a bit much, don'tchu?

I mean random missile attacks on Ukrainian schools and hospitals is one thing, but this takes the cake. When will you bloody conservatives realize that the war on marijuana is a glorious joke?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

godelian wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:45 am
commonsense wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:26 pm Does your mother know what a hardcore misogynist you are?
Ha ha ah!

That is imbecile shaming language!

Kevin Samuels has an interesting definition for the term "worthless woman".

One is the use of shaming language. Two is the need to always be right. There are a few more characterics that he describes in his analysis, but those are the most important ones.

We can safely conclude that you cannot keep a man, because no man can stand you for any relevant length of time. You will die alone. Have fun looking after your cats!
ROF & LMAO
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

godelian wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:10 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:42 pm

Who even cares?

By the way, Vladimir Putin is religious. I really like that guy. He is doing a great job. Long overdue, really.
Like I said; deluded.