Roe v Wade Overturned?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Abortion Overturned?

Post by Walker »

popeye1945 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:09 am THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE CONTROL OVER THEIR OWN REPRODUCTION ARE TERMED LIVESTOCK.
Enslaved livestock can’t read the instructions for how to use the wide variety of contraceptives and prophylactics available to free-range folks who have the intelligence, oft’ awakened by guidance during their formative years, to identify the implications of their actions.

Livestock whisperers have reported hearing dumb cows blaming their livestock-limited conceptions of a higher power for their personal confusions that are caused by ignorance.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Astro Cat wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:17 am At this point I'm watching all of this with abject horror. I know that Biden et al. will do very little about this other than giving the GOP some strongly worded condemnations for enabling this hyperconservative court (gee, thanks, that helps a lot). Then Dems will ask us vaguely for donations and votes so that they can do... something (I suppose they won't say what, but send in those donations and votes!)

Then we're going to have to do that anyway because the alternative to bottom-feeding, say-anything, do-nothing Dems is infinitely worse in the form of a GOP that has gone so far off the rails that I'm pretty sure we could harvest the turbine power of Lincoln spinning hypersonically in his grave.

What I need from Dems is a plan and messaging about that plan. I don't want them to tell me to send $10 and cast my vote, I want them to tell me "we need to elect this many seats so that we're able to do ____________." The absence of a plan is demoralizing, infuriating, and exhausting. The opinion leaked well before and they still act like they were caught with their pants down, and I'm sick of it. I have less bodily autonomy than a corpse in my state right now.

The GOP is coming for it all and they are playing to win. I need Dems to start actually doing something. Call floor votes to codify Obergefell, Loving, Lawrence, etc. Put clinics on federal land maybe.

At this point I'm open to expanding the court, which I know is dangerous, but what's the alternative? The legislative branch is utterly broken because the country is utterly broken. People are going to suffer in the meantime when SCOTUS pulls rights out from under us that we'll never be able to get through the legislative branch because rural America is as ignorant and hateful as it gets.

Signed, a woman that lost bodily autonomy with Roe, whose relationship is in jeopardy if Thomas gets his way with Obergefell, who despite being a lesbian uses birth control to regulate menstrual problems (also under threat with the fall of Roe), and who is nauseous at the inaction and apathy
“But when an institution dedicated to reasoned deliberation and interpretation is not aligned with the progressive program, it creates a serious threat to progressive hegemony over social thought. The Court’s opportunity to contest that hegemony and restore the fixed foundations of our republic thus provides the crucial social context of its opinions this term.”
John McGinnis, City Journal
https://www.city-journal.org/republic-or-juristocracy

Commentary:
Credit DJ Trump for giving the US Constitution an opportunity to function as intended.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Walker wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:40 am “But when an institution dedicated to reasoned deliberation and interpretation is not aligned with the progressive program, it creates a serious threat to progressive hegemony over social thought. The Court’s opportunity to contest that hegemony and restore the fixed foundations of our republic thus provides the crucial social context of its opinions this term.”

Commentary:
Credit DJ Trump for giving the US Constitution an opportunity to function as intended.
The Court isn't functioning as intended. It's their job to interpret the 9th and the 14th. This court just has a right-partisan axe to grind, and people will suffer for it. We knew this in 2016, and people wondered why we were upset with the election. We knew what was coming.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:39 am Not a chance. Just educate the poor ones, and the population crisis is solved. They regulate themselves.
Quite true. The WHO website is packed with lots of stats and their implications. They all point to more education means fewer kids, even to below replacement birthrates. From this one could conclude that the ignorant will inherent the earth, with sheer numbers.

Many folks who leave poverty for an education in Western universities do not return to the homeland, but rather stay where there's money to be earned, e.g., the medical field.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Astro Cat wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:50 am
Walker wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:40 am “But when an institution dedicated to reasoned deliberation and interpretation is not aligned with the progressive program, it creates a serious threat to progressive hegemony over social thought. The Court’s opportunity to contest that hegemony and restore the fixed foundations of our republic thus provides the crucial social context of its opinions this term.”

Commentary:
The Court isn't functioning as intended. It's their job to interpret the 9th and the 14th. This court just has a right-partisan axe to grind, and people will suffer for it. We knew this in 2016, and people wondered why we were upset with the election. We knew what was coming.
It is now, with recent SCOTUS decisions.

Plain and simple, progressives don't like those decisions, thus they want to blow up the system.

However, the illegal intimidation of the justices, that is being ignored by the executive branch, could well escalate and get things back to the same old same old progressive M.O., namely, the end justifies the means.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Walker wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:57 am Plain and simple, progressives don't like those decisions, thus they want to blow up the system.

However, the illegal intimidation of the justices, that is being ignored by the executive branch, could well escalate and get things back to the same old same old progressive M.O., namely, the end justifies the means.
I will believe the Court is doing what it's supposed to be doing when they begin to enumerate and unpack the rights due to us from a reasonable interpretation of the 9th and 14th, as I said.

The current court is mostly hacks, with at least one illegitimate seat (either Gorsuch's or Barrett's, depending on whether we treat McConnell's magic trick at the end of a presidential term as a valid rule).
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:23 am
popeye1945 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:09 am THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE CONTROL OVER THEIR OWN REPRODUCTION ARE TERMED LIVESTOCK.
Enslaved livestock can’t read the instructions for how to use the wide variety of contraceptives and prophylactics available to free-range folks who have the intelligence, oft’ awakened by guidance during their formative years, to identify the implications of their actions.

Livestock whisperers have reported hearing dumb cows blaming their livestock-limited conceptions of a higher power for their personal confusions that are caused by ignorance.
Lifestock cannot write either. Lifestock do not have a requirement for instruction except in the illusory dream of separation, known as knowledge on demand in order for what is always this not-knowing to be-come artificially known.

Life has no demand to be, except as illusion. Being just is..without knowing or not knowing...Every living sentient organism is the same one livestock, only appearing different as they are concieved to be in this illusory conception, the nature of the mind..aka known myth only....because that which is known...can known nothing of it's reality.

Reality check...No one chooses to be born, nor does any one choose to not be born..the Bible is/was unwritten. Belief is for fictional characters...always be yourself, the real fictional character. :shock:

Children, the innocent not-knowing life forms, believe in fairy story's because they have nothing else to relate to as knowledge of themselves....When the eventual knowledge of themselves becomes known...there is an artificial identification with a fictional character to be real...and that is known as conceptual knowing ...the illusory nature of knowledge.

Please, get your facts straight about what is real and what is not, before you engage your brain and unleash your nonsense.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:23 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:56 pm You did not answer my question about why you define an embryo as a person.
Yeah, I did.

In a short version, I said that's a human child, identifiable by its DNA. It's not a cat, a dog or an emu.

And in fact, you know that's true, I said, because the whole point of abortion is not the eliminating of a dog, cat or emu, but the eradication of a human being. If it did not achieve that, nobody would even want one.

There was more, but clearly you didn't read it. So I'll leave it at that.
So you are saying that an amputated limb is a person because it has human DNA?
And when you wank off into a sock that too is a person?
What about a corpse is that still a person. It still has human DNA when it turns into soup. Is it still a person?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The book of life CANNOT be written twice.

No one wrote the book of life, as the KNOWN characters in the book are inseparable from the book. No known character in the book ever wrote it's own story. As the story is being read, so too is it being written in the exact same instance of KNOWING.

The book of life has no requirement, or demand to be written again. Life has no requirement for instruction to BE...any such instruction would only be an artificial requirement on demand, and would always be a copy of the original, a poor representation, in other words, a fake...and not real.

The belief that humans are the pen of self-knowledge, is like saying, Bart Simpson wrote the Bible.

Don't be a SIMP :roll: always know yourself, the to be the real fictional character, in the correct way, the backward way, where no objective thing ever enters your mind only to obscure the clarity of your actual being.
Walker

Post by Walker »

You're just full of it ... meaning advice, of course.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Pelosi self-identifies as a Pro-Abortion Catholic. That's just internal doublethink babble.

Is there a motive other than Demonic Intent that best describes the root cause of her actions?
And thus, Pelosi waiting in line to receive Communion is “akin to a murderer waiting in line to pay his respects to his victim at a Catholic wake,” Donohue concluded, an analogy that is “poignant in more ways than one.”
https://www.breitbart.com/faith/2022/06 ... t-vatican/
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:49 am
So you are saying that an amputated limb is a person because it has human DNA?
And when you wank off into a sock that too is a person?
What about a corpse is that still a person. It still has human DNA when it turns into soup. Is it still a person?
:lol:

But you are missing the most importance piece of the puzzle ...human people are very special, don't you know. :lol: They deserve special entitlements, they deserve instruction books to inform them they exist, even though no one in the whole entire universe ever chose this very sacred and special privileged entitled birth right to exist. :lol:

The mind, is a sneaky little devil. . it's got nothing else to relate to other than it's own imagination. :mrgreen:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:54 am You're just full of it ... meaning advice, of course.
Yeah, like trees look to other trees for advice on how to be a tree.

Yeah, you're really full of fake advice.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:54 am The WHO website is packed with lots of stats and their implications. They all point to more education means fewer kids, even to below replacement birthrates. From this one could conclude that the ignorant will inherent the earth, with sheer numbers.

Your fake ignorance is showing. No body inherit's what never belonged to them in the first place. The earth was here long before it was taken over by a silly ignorant monkey like you... The earth has no sense of ownership, that ownership was an artificial steal ...you thief.

Self-awareness as an object known as a human being, is only possible because matter became consciously aware it was matter, in the form of a concept, in other words, a fictional being. It was natures biggest blunder, as the brain that is known as a human brain got bigger and bigger through the process of evolution. And will no doubt in due time just go extinct like all of the other junk that nature produced just by sheer chance and random mutation.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Astro Cat wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:02 am
Walker wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:57 am Plain and simple, progressives don't like those decisions, thus they want to blow up the system.

I will believe the Court is doing what it's supposed to be doing when they begin to enumerate and unpack the rights due to us from a reasonable interpretation of the 9th and 14th, as I said.

The current court is mostly hacks, with at least one illegitimate seat (either Gorsuch's or Barrett's, depending on whether we treat McConnell's magic trick at the end of a presidential term as a valid rule).
"SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES Syllabus DOBBS, STATE HEALTH OFFICER OF THE MISSISSIPPI DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH, ET AL. v. JACKSON WOMEN’S HEALTH ORGANIZATION ET AL."

"Held: The Constitution does not confer a right to abortion; Roe and Casey are overruled; and the authority to regulate abortion is returned to the people and their elected representatives. Pp. 8–79."

The reasoning:
https://assets.bwbx.io/documents/users/ ... h5wja9I/v0