Roe v Wade Overturned?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Abortion Overturned?

Post by Dontaskme »

America today, a dystopia straight out of THE HANDMANS TALE

And I thought North Korea was a nightmare…

MAGA 😂😂😂 what a joke!

This is not about the lives of fetuses, this is about the CONTROL of women.

Just don’t elect Wanker for president 🥸😤
Walker

Post by Walker »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:34 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:32 pm Yap yap yap. Sounds a like an hysterical woman.
What would a woman know about yanking the sausage, turning on the sprinklers, shuckling the mealie, charming the cobra ?

What say ye? Lets put an end to evil masturbation!
Body/voice/mind. When you only hear mind, voice adds a second dimension.

This voice adds depth of understanding, if one proceeds through the shallows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSfCyjMRaqM

To hear only one of body, voice and mind both encourages obscuring delusions that are inappropriate to context, and encourages incoherent yapping.

For example, based on observations of past performance, (look up) :roll: some shallow apprehensions of the link will lead to chicken processing plants, employee demographics, and graphic Technicolor illustrations.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:32 pm Yap yap yap. Sounds a like an hysterical woman.
Your hatred for women is clitoris envy.

Who needs men when you can have up to a hundred orgasms in one wank sesh.

Make sexual intercourse ILLEGAL …that’s the only solution to unwanted human beings, this is not rocket science.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:19 am So it appears that there will probably be far fewer abortions in the US than before. I'm wondering if that will lead to more care and use of contraceptives in intercourse or else a huge population surge.

For those who believe abortion is wrong, what is your plan for if the world becomes overpopulated to the point that we run out of resources to nourish everyone?
There is not enough time left for any legal change to still make a difference.

We are way too far in the game now.

The destruction of the nuclear family, and therefore of the entire social structure is already a fact. It cannot be reversed. This is already happily feeding into the inevitable destruction of the economic and financial system.

I think that the discussion about what kind of society is actually viable, will become much more relevant after hyperinflation will finally have kicked in. At that point, the government will be mostly gone.

The question will then indeed become, "What next?", after the chaos will have subsided, which is something that will probably not happen in our lifetime.

It will certainly be interesting to see, during the collapse, i.e. during the very last days of western civilization, all these "strong and independent" women fend for themselves. Where is the popcorn?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Roe’s Demise
What does it mean—and what’s next?
James R. Copland
June 24, 2022
https://www.city-journal.org/roe-v-wade-is-gone
Under this state-by-state patchwork, the United States may develop an abortion regime that starts to look more like Europe’s. Eight of the 50 European nations do not allow for any elective abortions (i.e., those sought without justification)—including Finland, Poland, and Great Britain, as well as Andorra, Lichtenstein, Malta, Monaco, and San Marino. (Most of these are nevertheless quite liberal about permitting abortion in practice, with a host of justifications—including in Britain, for “socioeconomic reasons.”) Among the 42 nations that permit elective abortions, only the Netherlands is as permissive as the United States’ now-defunct Roe regime—allowing abortion-on-demand until the 24th week of pregnancy, when a fetus is often deemed viable with modern medical care. Fully 39 of the 42 European nations that allow elective abortions permit them only up to a point in pregnancy earlier than the 15-week standard adopted by Mississippi and considered in Dobbs. The mix of laws across Europe puts into context the “draconian” laws warned about by the dissenting justices—Stephen Breyer, Elena Kagan, and Sonia Sotomayor, in a jointly authored opinion.
Walker

Post by Walker »

"including in Britain, for “socioeconomic reasons.”'
That either means that more poor folks get to abort their progeny while the poor little fellers and gals are in the fetal* stage of development, or else it means rich folks have more access to abortion.

Any Britains care to clarify which?

* or: foetal, if you like tomahtoes.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:38 pm
Your hatred for women is clitoris envy.

Who needs men when you can have up to a hundred orgasms in one wank sesh.

Make sexual intercourse ILLEGAL …that’s the only solution to unwanted human beings, this is not rocket science.
That particular yapping sounds like an attempt at satire, perhaps inspired by hysteria and a weak bench.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:19 am So it appears that there will probably be far fewer abortions in the US than before. I'm wondering if that will lead to more care and use of contraceptives in intercourse or else a huge population surge.

For those who believe abortion is wrong, what is your plan for if the world becomes overpopulated to the point that we run out of resources to nourish everyone?

Educate women.
And I don't mean primarily "about reproduction." Just give them the means and opportunity to get at least the end of high school, with options for career, business or higher ed. Until then, guarantee them security of their persons.

Statistically, educated women freely choose to have less than two children each. If we do that, the world reproductive levels will soon fall below replacement levels, and we'll have to encourage women to have more children for the good of society. In other words, we'll have the opposite problem.

We have enough arable land in the world right now...more than enough to feed everybody. In fact, we could feed a lot more, if centralized governments and corrupt totalitarian regimes were not so common. However, that's a political, not an agricultural shortcoming. We have the food.

But educating women would be the right thing to do...for them, for us, and for the world. Then we could let people be free, and still keep population under control. Everybody wins.

Not only that, but by educating women, we won't have to kill any of them anymore.

Problem solved.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:11 pm

Educate women.
And I don't mean primarily "about reproduction."
Educate yourself.
And I don't mean schooling.
A virgin like yourself is not qualified to understand grown ups.
Like most right wingers you have a tendency to first punish, then blame others.
Education is not the solution. Women are not stupid and ignorant. That is YOUR problem.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:11 pm

Educate women.
And I don't mean primarily "about reproduction." Just give them the means and opportunity to get at least the end of high school, with options for career, business or higher ed. Until then, guarantee them security of their persons.

Statistically, educated women freely choose to have less than two children each. If we do that, the world reproductive levels will soon fall below replacement levels, and we'll have to encourage women to have more children for the good of society. In other words, we'll have the opposite problem.

We have enough arable land in the world right now...more than enough to feed everybody. In fact, we could feed a lot more, if centralized governments and corrupt totalitarian regimes were not so common. However, that's a political, not an agricultural shortcoming. We have the food.

But educating women would be the right thing to do...for them, for us, and for the world. Then we could let people be free, and still keep population under control. Everybody wins.

Not only that, but by educating women, we won't have to kill any of them anymore.

Problem solved.
Success! Now do the U-turn where you tell us how anti-abortion laws will help us go back to replacement levels.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:07 pm Education is not the solution.
In this case, yeah, it is.

I marvel that you don't see the value of educating young women.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:41 pm Now do the U-turn where you tell us how anti-abortion laws will help us go back to replacement levels.
We don't need anti-abortion laws. We just need moral human beings.

Too bad they're in short supply right now.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:03 pm We don't need anti-abortion laws. We just need moral human beings.

Too bad they're in short supply right now.
By "moral" do you need "uneducated"? Because you were just arguing that educated woman reproduce less.

So by contraposition it follows that unedicated women reproduce more.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:01 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:07 pm Education is not the solution.
In this case, yeah, it is.

I marvel that you don't see the value of educating young women.
I marvel that you are so stupid as to blame others when you are so stupid