Basic Human Rights

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: Basic Human Rights

Post by gaffo »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:53 pm
If one lives successfully, the diminished capacity and potential handicaps of old age are inevitable. Because the rational individual's values are based on reality and are both short term and long term, he prepares as well as possible for all eventualities. There are no guarantees in life. There is always risk and danger, which are part of the adventure of life. If I fail to properly prepare for anything, I'll suffer the consequences of my choices--that's what real justice is.

I'll not have as many friends as I might have, if I had not lived so long [because so many of them have passed away], but those I do have I will enjoy until I have completed my life.

from this you sound reflective and old-ish lik me and emmanual - 50's
RCSaunders wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:53 pm One thing is certain, I will enjoy them because I do not regard my friends, or any other human beings, as obligated to pick up after me or take care of me, because I failed to provide for my own future.

If that is your idea of what friends are for, someone to take care of you or hold your hand when your own failures lead to your problems, I certainly wouldn't want you for a friend. I'm only interested in associating with others who find benefit in associating with me to our mutual enjoyment--no obligation and no duty.
now you sould young and petty and not reflective nor humble - only judgmental.

and i appologiize with my bias toward the young - it s stereo-type and only a weak trend - there are millions of wise young kids and same old fools.

i personally was an "old soul" - even as a kid - had the same nature i have now (sure time and hard knocks of life gave me lessons, but i learned them because i was able to learn as an old soul kid) - so no dissparagement to the young - only mean todisparage the fools out there be they 10 or 100 yr old.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:29 pm
It is not possible that any intentional harm done to another or any gain at the expense of another could be in my self interest.
It is more than possible for you, though. Could it be in your self-interest to "borrow supplies" from work? Could it be in your self-interest to lie about your achievements, or to exaggerate your own rationality and insult others? Could it be in your self-interest to kill an intruder who had broken into your house and was attempting to rob or harm you? Could it be in your self-interest to shoot a terrorist who was trying to kill a bus load of children?

[/quote]

exactly
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:40 pm
Speak for yourself. It is not possible that any intentional harm done to another or any gain at the expense of another could be in my self interest.

really? are you sure?

you are a Russian soldier 1941 Germans are invading your homeland you.

1. I can't kill another - se your statement above - you ly down the german kills you - then adds you to his stew for flavor
2. you ignore your statement above, and kill the gernman invading son of a bitch.
3. play dumb, i know nothing about my quotes above - and claim "squirrel" to divert the weak minded from disscussion of the relivant topic to the irrelivent.

here another possible event: you are a father (and have access to a gun in your home). thieve have entered your home - one of them is a psycho with a gun - you wake up, he is in your daughters room -he intended tp rape your kid, but now that you woke up and are in front of him - he now decides to shoot your duaghter: you do - which.

1. lay down your - per your statements above i italisized - and just sit there while the theif rapes your daughter
2. ignore your professed pascifisome(sp) - se the bold quotes from your above - and blast the son of a bitch bfore he kills then (or vise versa) rapes my daughter.
3. play "Squirrel" (Veg's fav game).
Preventing a loss is not a gain.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:46 pm
What kind of person could even think it could be in their self interest to commit a murder?

the world is full of gray, its not bw - so one should not have such a bw view on such matters.
There is only what is true and what is not true. What you call, "grey," is just a mixture of truth and falsehood (black and white). It's intentional confusion and obfuscation of the truth.