The Biden Binder

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

mickthinks
Posts: 1079
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Augsburg

Re: The Biden Binder

Post by mickthinks »

  • Trump is now the overwhelming populist choice for the next election
  • Trump is not the overwhelming populist choice for the next election

Both are unknowable, ...


I've already agreed with you, and addressed the epistemological significance so you are adding nothing to the nothing you started with here. Both are not equally likely, nor even equally plausible.

... both are extravagant ...[/i]


I think you don't know what "overwhelming" means, dude.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 11327
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: The Biden Binder

Post by henry quirk »

mickthinks wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:01 pm
  • Trump is now the overwhelming populist choice for the next election
  • Trump is not the overwhelming populist choice for the next election

Both are unknowable, ...


I've already agreed with you, and addressed the epistemological significance so you are adding nothing to the nothing you started with here. Both are not equally likely, nor even equally plausible.

... both are extravagant ...[/i]


I think you don't know what "overwhelming" means, dude.
Sure I do. I'm sayin' either claim is unsupported by a jot of fact. If extravagant offends you then replace it with bold.

Better yet: just call 'em both lies, cuz anyone claimin' either as fact is a damned liar (and anyone makin' a buck on either is a lyin' thief).

And: to be clear, Walker's desire that one be true, or your desire the other be true, don't mean diddly squat.

This...

A shrewd operator could make himself a lot of money betting on the second.

...could just as easily be A shrewd operator could make himself a lot of money betting on the first.

Go, conduct a poll of ten thousand likely voters in Calif. and come away with dismal chances for ORANGE MAN, then poll ten thousand likely voters here, in Louisiana, and come away with fantastic chances for ORANGE MAN.

Both of you guys are seein' what you wanna see.

And even on election day, '24, with the votes tabulated and appearin' to mebbe favor one candidate overwhelmingly, the best you can say is actual voters overwhelmingly support X. With one third to one half of possible voters not takin' part, that's all you say.

So, to say...

Trump is now the overwhelming populist choice for the next election

...or...

Trump is not the overwhelming populist choice for the next election

...is extravagant crap.
mickthinks
Posts: 1079
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Augsburg

Re: The Biden Binder

Post by mickthinks »

Henry, I had you down as smart but this makes you look like one of the short-bus-folk that bent lawyer was talking about.

Naturally poll figures for the Liar-in-Chief will differ from state to state and from city to city. But Walker's claim, "Trump is now the overwhelming populist choice for the next election", is clearly intended to refer to the USA as a whole and to predict the landslide by which the Whiter-Inciter would win, if not the 2024 election, at least a hypothetical election for the White House were one to be held in the next few days. So your point about local variation is vacuous.

A shrewd operator could make himself a lot of money betting on the first.
Er ... no, because no matter how shrewd you are, you don't win anything if your horse doesn't come in. And note , "the horse" here is not Trump in the 2024 election, it's the polling figures for Trump now which, as you admit, do not look particularly positive for Trump, let alone "overwhelming".

I'm sayin' either claim is unsupported by a jot of fact.

Yes, that's why I said you don't know what "overwhelming" means. Consider how strong the facts would have to be to support the claim that Trump's popularity is overwhelming. They would have to be something akin to overwhelming, wouldn't they?

Which means that the complete absence of evidence that Trump is popular with the majority of voters, while certainly not proof that he is unpopular, is more than enough to justify the claim that he is not "the overwhelmingly populist choice". For everyone who understands what overwhelming means, that is.
Last edited by mickthinks on Sun May 23, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 11327
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: The Biden Binder

Post by henry quirk »

Henry, I had you down as smart
BE9F5807-FEE2-4651-8FA0-5D9F5B5D0D71.jpeg
BE9F5807-FEE2-4651-8FA0-5D9F5B5D0D71.jpeg (46.07 KiB) Viewed 698 times
Walker
Posts: 8977
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: The Biden Binder

Post by Walker »

A Trump/DeSantis ticket would be awesome because the two think alike, i.e., they are not mumbly raving radical maniacs like the current Leftist junta, and because that would set up the young DeSantis for two terms of sanity, plus Trump is getting old and needs a young lion with a lot of political experience in his corner. Of course, this could only happen in a world of fair elections ...
Walker
Posts: 8977
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: The Biden Binder

Post by Walker »

Big talk about batteries ignores power generation and transmission required to fill them up. Batteries are a false solution looking for a problem.
Blood diamonds have become Blood-Batteries.

The question is, why? For the betterment of mankind? (aha aha). No, that’s the ostensible cover acceptable by the doublethink that also sees there’s no evidence that batteries will benefit mankind.

The real answer is, follow the money and the lines of power that lead to pushing the radical political agenda.


The under-reported obvious:

Are children ‘dying like dogs’ in effort to build better batteries?
https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/5/23/ ... ights-dell

Those Dirty Electric Vehicles And A Bolt Of Green Hypocrisy
https://issuesinsights.com/2021/05/26/t ... hypocrisy/


A practical response to the radical “green energy” agenda:

State Treasurers Send Message to Banks: If You Drop Coal, We Will Stop Using You
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... using-you/
gaffo
Posts: 4150
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: The Biden Binder

Post by gaffo »

Bidon is senile as fuck, but at least he is silent - not hearing the 10 rants a day from our former president - adn instead only silence as lower my blood pressure by 1/2.

so i welcome the silence - perfer a nont senile leader of my nation - but vs a loudmouth that says outregous bullshit 5 times a day - i'll take the lesser of the evils.


--------so nice to have a boring a fuck president that says noting.

he dos need to remove the fukcing pilibuster though - if he gets nothing done - adn nothing will get done with the republicans - the party of no - as before 12 yrs ago - h and his party will be voted out in 22 and 24.

remove the philibuster and geting shit done - otherwise say goodbye democratic majority by 22.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 11327
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

waterin' the houseplant...

Post by henry quirk »

466876FF-9EE7-4653-AC0A-9AD5C28C280A.jpeg
466876FF-9EE7-4653-AC0A-9AD5C28C280A.jpeg (119.74 KiB) Viewed 380 times
gaffo
Posts: 4150
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: waterin' the houseplant...

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:16 pm 466876FF-9EE7-4653-AC0A-9AD5C28C280A.jpeg
thanks for picture.

always liked BW phontos and movies over color - the former appreciated light and shadow - and the old movies were just better than post 1980 stuff.

60's were the best, then 70's then 40's and then 50's - some 30's were good too - nothing post 1980 is worth a shit - minus the few exceptions.

----so i guess the only thing we disagree on is that you were/are a true beleiver in tRump - while i see him as a phoney shit-stirred of no good and eactully worse than a near equal lozer of Bidon.

so i see both as worthless - but you still clutch on your pearls pr Rump as some sort of worthy man-massiah that will save you and our nation - instead of just another Elmer Gantry.

ok - follow your god and i shall just look on in bewilderment.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 11327
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: waterin' the houseplant...

Post by henry quirk »

gaffo wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:48 am
henry quirk wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:16 pm 466876FF-9EE7-4653-AC0A-9AD5C28C280A.jpeg
thanks for picture.

always liked BW phontos and movies over color - the former appreciated light and shadow - and the old movies were just better than post 1980 stuff.

60's were the best, then 70's then 40's and then 50's - some 30's were good too - nothing post 1980 is worth a shit - minus the few exceptions.

----so i guess the only thing we disagree on is that *you were/are a true beleiver in tRump - while i see him as a phoney shit-stirred of no good and eactully worse than a near equal lozer of Bidon.

so i see both as worthless - but *you still clutch on your pearls pr Rump as some sort of worthy man-massiah that will save you and our nation - instead of just another Elmer Gantry.

ok - follow your god and *i shall just look on in bewilderment.
I'm on vacation and had no intention of postin' anything outside of memetic oneliners durin' this time, but I gotta correct some things...

*ORANGE MAN was an instrument, a means...I believed in him in about the same way I believe in a hammer. He wasn't a messiah, he's just a guy. I didn't hire him to save; I hired him to flummox.

If you're bewildered it's becuz you assign the wrong motivations and reasonings to me, not cuz I bewilder you.

The fault, dear gaffo, is not in me, but in yourself.
Walker
Posts: 8977
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: The Biden Binder

Post by Walker »

"Appalling to Watch": Australian Media Tears American Media Apart Over Its Fawning Over Biden

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2021 ... en-n396453
Walker
Posts: 8977
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: The Biden Binder

Post by Walker »

Image
mickthinks
Posts: 1079
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Augsburg

Re: The Biden Binder

Post by mickthinks »

Michael Ramirez — Cartoonist to the morons

O hai walker!
Walker
Posts: 8977
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: The Biden Binder

Post by Walker »

Knowing what you know, what do you see?

Image
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 11327
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: The Biden Binder

Post by henry quirk »

Walker wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:06 pm Knowing what you know, what do you see?

Image
A houseplant about to be dug up, stomped on, and then discarded.

Russian horticulture is not pussy-work.
Post Reply