the righteous tyrant

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: The Domain of Confusion

Re: the righteous tyrant

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:47 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:51 pm
Age wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:57 am

But 'you' are talking about the 'i' now, and NOT thee 'I'.

Also, do you REALLY BELIEVE that what a 'you', or a 'person' IS, is what the body does?

And in the same way, there is more to the story to "what" you are than simply being visible universe. You are a particular occurrence of the visible in the universe in that you are not the same occurrence as I am or a rock sitting next to you is.

To UNDERSTAND 'the story' FULLY, there is FAR MORE to LEARN. But working out how to EXPLAIN this succinctly, efficiently, and sufficiently for EVERY one to comprehend and understand, very simply and very easily, just takes some time, which 'I' am in the process of learning and/or doing.



But NONE of 'you' have HEARD my whole story, so what is 'more fundamental or not' has to be waited to be SEEN.



To 'me', this could not be further from thee ACTUAL Truth of things.

How quickly what I have said and meant gets twisted and distorted, when FULL CLARIFICATION is NOT been made FIRST.



'I', in the invisible sense, am thee Mind, of which there is ONLY One.
'i', in the invisible sense, am the thoughts and emotions, of which there are as many as human bodies.

'I' am in EVERY thing.
'i', individually, am in one human body.

There is SO MUCH MORE to explain and clarify, to ANY one who is Truly interested, and which can NOT be refuted if ANY wants to 'try to'?
OK. Then you've lost me. Feel free to clarify things.
I ALREADY 'feel' FREE to clarify 'things', without you telling me to.
I know you do. I didn't say that you didn't. There's no need to express opposition to my comment. It wasn't meant as an attack.
Gary Childress
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: The Domain of Confusion

Re: the righteous tyrant

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:47 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:51 pm
Age wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:57 am

But 'you' are talking about the 'i' now, and NOT thee 'I'.

Also, do you REALLY BELIEVE that what a 'you', or a 'person' IS, is what the body does?

To UNDERSTAND 'the story' FULLY, there is FAR MORE to LEARN. But working out how to EXPLAIN this succinctly, efficiently, and sufficiently for EVERY one to comprehend and understand, very simply and very easily, just takes some time, which 'I' am in the process of learning and/or doing.



But NONE of 'you' have HEARD my whole story, so what is 'more fundamental or not' has to be waited to be SEEN.



To 'me', this could not be further from thee ACTUAL Truth of things.

How quickly what I have said and meant gets twisted and distorted, when FULL CLARIFICATION is NOT been made FIRST.



'I', in the invisible sense, am thee Mind, of which there is ONLY One.
'i', in the invisible sense, am the thoughts and emotions, of which there are as many as human bodies.

'I' am in EVERY thing.
'i', individually, am in one human body.

There is SO MUCH MORE to explain and clarify, to ANY one who is Truly interested, and which can NOT be refuted if ANY wants to 'try to'?
OK. Then you've lost me. Feel free to clarify things.
Like I have previously said, I am looking for those who are Truly interested. These ones will explain what 'things' they WANT clarified.
Fair enough. Then, what is "thee I" and how does it differ from "the I"? Other than using an archaic spelling of the word "the" how is one distinct from the other?
Age
Posts: 6682
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: the righteous tyrant

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:30 am
Age wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:49 pm
Atla wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:05 pm
Prove it then.
"Prove 'it' to 'who', EXACTLY?

In case you are unaware 'it' has ALREADY been proven.
How has it been proven?
By the, actual, 'irrefutable facts'.

Look, you will never see, nor understand, 'that', what you are not prepared to LOOK AT.
Atla
Posts: 3269
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: the righteous tyrant

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:18 am
Atla wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:30 am
Age wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:49 pm

"Prove 'it' to 'who', EXACTLY?

In case you are unaware 'it' has ALREADY been proven.
How has it been proven?
By the, actual, 'irrefutable facts'.

Look, you will never see, nor understand, 'that', what you are not prepared to LOOK AT.
As usual, You or you failed to provide any proof, even after asked. You or you don't have any. It's only Age's belief that the 'I' is a 'One Mind', and not something else.
Age
Posts: 6682
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: the righteous tyrant

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:22 pm
Age wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:01 pm Do NOT forget that it is 'you' who BELIEVES wholeheartedly that there is NO one Truth, and that it is this BELIEF, which is causing YOUR distortions and projections.
You are exaggerating. You once asked me if there was any possibility at all that there could be one ultimate reality, and I acknowledged that anything is possible. However, there is no proof, and there is nothing that would point to such a thing except man's NEED to believe he knows of something.
So, are you saying here that you now actually believe and accept the fact that there could be one Truth and/or one ultimate Reality?

Also, why would you believe such a thing as there is NO proof, and there there is NOTHING that would point to such a thing?

Your last statement and claim contradicts your first statement and claim here.

Furthermore why do you believe that only man has some NEED to believe he knows of something? Does woman NOT have this, supposed and alleged, 'belief' also?

Add to this within your last statement here is your True belief, which you 'trying to' hide and protect, but which can be CLEARLY SEEN and RECOGNIZED.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:22 pm
Age wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:01 pmNow, you just made the CLAIM that I OFTEN can NOT even understand simple concepts and communication without ... .

So, I now suggest you back up and support this CLAIM of YOURS with actual evidence and/or proof of the "simple concepts and communication", which I, supposedly, can NOT even understand.
It has been demonstrated here over and over in your communications with people on this forum. Many have seen it and commented on it. That is the evidence. Your attempts to invalidate that by claiming people can't see the truth, are just more of your denial and further projections offering no alternative proof, just more of your claims.
You, OBVIOUSLY, NEVER backed up and supported your claim with any ACTUAL evidence NOR proof but went straight into making ABOTHER claim instead. Now, will you provide actual evidence and/or proof for THIS NEW CLAIM of yours?

Also, I have NEVER attempted to invalidate what you claim here by claiming people cannot see the truth. I, in fact, CLAIM people CAN SEE the truth.

Also, I PURPOSELY make claims, while WAITING for those ...
Dontaskme
Posts: 9977
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: the righteous tyrant

Post by Dontaskme »

You cannot claim to know any thing.

To know a thing you would have to be that thing.

To know a tree you would have to be the tree, but you are not the tree, the tree is just a concept known, but not by the tree.

You cannot know any thing because you ARE the knowing. The knowing is one, and cannot be split into knower and known. The observer is inseparable from what it observes. The objective world is a projection of the subjective knowing, both the subjective and objective arise simultaneously together as one seamless reality. Same as it ever is, was. Nothing changes, any change is a changeless change.

Image



.
Advocate
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: the righteous tyrant

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Dontaskme post_id=508336 time=1619077858 user_id=12017]
You cannot claim to know any thing.

To know a thing you would have to be that thing.

To know a tree you would have to be the tree, but you are not the tree, the tree is just a concept known, but not by the tree.

You cannot know any thing because you ARE the knowing. The knowing is one, and cannot be split into knower and known. The observer is inseparable from what it observes. The objective world is a projection of the subjective knowing, both the subjective and objective arise simultaneously together as one seamless reality. Same as it ever is, was. Nothing changes, any change is a changeless change.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... 0&usqp=CAU[/img]



.
[/quote]

Knowledge is justified belief and it's easier to have more about not-you than about yourself, as almost everyone does... and always has,

because people don't think about themselves rigorously and there's no external validation that carries weight.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4531
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: the righteous tyrant

Post by Lacewing »

Age wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:52 am
Lacewing wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:22 pm You are exaggerating. You once asked me if there was any possibility at all that there could be one ultimate reality, and I acknowledged that anything is possible. However, there is no proof, and there is nothing that would point to such a thing except man's NEED to believe he knows of something.
So, are you saying here that you now actually believe and accept the fact that there could be one Truth and/or one ultimate Reality?
Believe? No.

Fact? It's not a fact.

That's enough of dealing with your distortions for now.
Advocate
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: the righteous tyrant

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Lacewing post_id=508389 time=1619106503 user_id=11228]
[quote=Age post_id=508317 time=1619063571 user_id=16237]
[quote=Lacewing post_id=507995 time=1618759356 user_id=11228]
You are exaggerating. You once asked me if there was any possibility at all that there could be one ultimate reality, and I acknowledged that anything is possible. However, there is no proof, and there is nothing that would point to such a thing except man's NEED to believe he knows of something.[/quote]
So, are you saying here that you now actually believe and accept the fact that there could be one Truth and/or one ultimate Reality?[/quote]
Believe? No.

Fact? It's not a fact.

That's enough of dealing with your distortions for now.
[/quote]

Actual Reality, aka Actuality, is the ineffable font from which new justified beliefs by way of replication spring eternal. Regular Reality is consensus experience.
tillingborn
Posts: 1073
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: the righteous tyrant

Post by tillingborn »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:07 am
tillingborn wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:19 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:44 pmSo what does it matter what you want to say about people in Persia or Paris or Port-au-Prince? They are not you.
Should I join you and not care?
You don't know whether I care of not. You don't know a thing about me.
I know some of what you have written and that is entirely consistent with you being a right wing Christian zealot. You show signs of being moderately well read, but other than the Bible, it is clear that your main sources of inspiration are William Lane Craig and Fox News. It is also demonstrably the case that you will not answer some direct questions. This one for instance:
tillingborn wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:27 pm...the majority of human souls end up discarded. Is that not true?
Everybody knows the answer, including you. I imagine you cannot be honest because of your shame that you not only support but worship your God who allows this happen, and the fact that you care more for the feelings of a being who literally has everything, than the fate to which He condemns the vast majority of human beings. As you say, I don't know you; but as I say, the above is consistent with what you write.
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 11687
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: the righteous tyrant

Post by Immanuel Can »

tillingborn wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:27 pm...the majority of human souls end up discarded. Is that not true?
Well, I can help you out with that. Jesus said,

“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is narrow and the way is constricted that leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matthew 7:13-14)

The question is, on which side of that line are you wanting to be?
Advocate
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: the righteous tyrant

Post by Advocate »

[quote="Immanuel Can" post_id=508525 time=1619183434 user_id=9431]
[quote=tillingborn post_id=507903 time=1618680438 user_id=7001]...the majority of human souls end up discarded. Is that not true?[/quote]
Well, I can help you out with that. Jesus said,

[color=#0000BF]“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is narrow and the way is constricted that leads to life, and there are few who find it." [/color](Matthew 7:13-14)

The question is, on which side of that line are you wanting to be?
[/quote]

False dichotomy fallacy.
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 11687
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: the righteous tyrant

Post by Immanuel Can »

Advocate wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:16 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:10 pm
tillingborn wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:27 pm...the majority of human souls end up discarded. Is that not true?
Well, I can help you out with that. Jesus said,

“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is narrow and the way is constricted that leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matthew 7:13-14)

The question is, on which side of that line are you wanting to be?
False dichotomy fallacy.
Contradicting Jesus Christ now, are we? :D
Advocate
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: the righteous tyrant

Post by Advocate »

[quote="Immanuel Can" post_id=508534 time=1619185015 user_id=9431]
Contradicting Jesus Christ now, are we? :D
[/quote]

I contradict all the imaginary people except the ones who agree with me.
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 11687
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: the righteous tyrant

Post by Immanuel Can »

Advocate wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:23 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:36 pm Contradicting Jesus Christ now, are we? :D
I contradict all the imaginary people except the ones who agree with me.
So you don't agree with the vast quantity of historical evidence, including the many skeptical documents, that all still insist that Jesus Christ actually existed?
http://coldcasechristianity.com/writing ... the-bible/

So now, I guess, historians are also "imaginary people." :wink:
Post Reply