The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:24 am The reasoning that points to the involvement of Antifa is sound. To reiterate:

- Antifa has been present during past demonstrations involving Trump supporters.
Evidence?
- Antifa was supposedly absent during this event.
ROTFL
- Antifa is a violent organization.
- Eyewitness accounts of Antifa.
Evidence?

- The media immediately declared that Antifa was not involved, before there was time to actually investigate.
LOL
- Antifa do not carry membership cards, so identification of someone as Antifa is only possible after an investigation of their background and associations, and even that is circumstantial.
So you are saying they don't really exist except in your mind and as a media construction.
- The FBI’s involvement in the willfully false persecution of Trump all during his winning campaign and presidency revealed that the FBI was weaponized by their Democratic Party, therefore reports of their investigations that involve politics, are suspect.
Evidence?
- The media’s disregard for truth and its modern mission to push political narratives also discredits any exoneration of Antifa as not only a participating element of the riot, but likely involved in inciting and inflaming actual mob violence.
Evidence?
- To say that Antifa is involved is not to say that Trump supporters were not involved, which is obvious but apparently can't be seen unless said, and even then ...
SO where is your evidence.
There is NOTHING here
Walker
Posts: 7941
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

Post by Walker »

If this doesn’t agree with your pre-set narrative firmly lodged into place, feel free to dismiss the source as trash, per usual.

Washington Post: FBI report warned of 'war' at Capitol, contradicting claims that there was no indication of looming violence
https://www.wvnews.com/news/wvnews/wash ... fc3fb.html

WASHINGTON — A day before rioters stormed Congress, an FBI office in Virginia issued an explicit internal warning that extremists were preparing to travel to Washington to commit violence and "war," according to an internal document reviewed by The Washington Post that contradicts a senior official's declaration that the bureau had no intelligence indicating that anyone at last week's pro-Trump protest planned to do harm.

A situational information report approved for release the day before the U.S. Capitol riot painted a dire portrait of dangerous plans, including individuals sharing a map of the complex's tunnels, and possible rally points for would-be conspirators to meet up in Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and South Carolina and head in groups to Washington.

"As of 5 January 2021, FBI Norfolk received information indicating calls for violence in response to 'unlawful lockdowns' to begin on 6 January 2021 in Washington. D.C.," the document says. "An online thread discussed specific calls for violence to include stating 'Be ready to fight. Congress needs to hear glass breaking, doors being kicked in, and blood from their BLM and Pantifa slave soldiers being spilled. Get violent. Stop calling this a march, or rally, or a protest. Go there ready for war. We get our President or we die. NOTHING else will achieve this goal."

BLM is a reference to the Black Lives Matter movement for racial justice. Pantifa is a derogatory term for antifa, a far-left anti-fascist movement whose adherents sometimes engage in violent clashes with right-wing extremists.

Yet even with that information in hand, the report's unidentified author expressed concern that the FBI might be encroaching on free speech rights.

The warning is the most stark evidence yet of the sizable intelligence failure that preceded the mayhem, during which five people died. One law enforcement official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to avoid disciplinary action, said the failure was not one of intelligence, but of acting on the intelligence.

An FBI official familiar with the document said that within 45 minutes of learning about the alarming online conversation, the Norfolk, Va., FBI office wrote the report and shared it with others in the bureau. It was not immediately clear how many law enforcement agencies outside the FBI were told, but the information was briefed to FBI officials at the bureau's Washington field office the day before the attack, this official said.

The official, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss ongoing investigations, added that the report was raw intelligence, and that when it was written the FBI did not know the identities of those making the online statements.

The FBI already faces questions about why it was not more attuned to what was being discussed in public Internet conversations in the days leading to the attack, and why the bureau and other agencies seemed to do little to prepare for the possibility of mass violence.

The document notes that the information represents the view of the FBI's Norfolk office, that it is not to be shared outside law enforcement circles, that is not "finally evaluated intelligence," and that agencies who receive it "are requested not to take action based on this raw reporting without prior coordination with the FBI."

Law enforcement officials have said privately in recent days that the level of violence exhibited at the Capitol has led to difficult discussions in the FBI and other agencies about race, terrorism, and whether investigators did not register the degree of danger because the majority of the participants at the rally were White conservatives fiercely loyal to the President Donald Trump.

"Individuals/Organizations named in this [situational information report] have been identified as participating in activities that are protected by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution," the document says. "Their inclusion here is not intended to associate the protected activity with criminality or a threat to national security, or to infer that such protected activity itself violates federal law.

"However," it continues, "based on known intelligence and/or specific historical observations, it is possible the protected activity could invite a violent reaction towards the subject individual or others in retaliation or with the goal of stopping the protected activity from occurring in the first instance. In the event no violent reaction occurs, FBI policy and federal law dictates that no further record to be made of the protected activity."

The document notes that one online comment said, "if Antifa or BLM get violent, leave them dead in the street," while another said they need "people on standby to provide supplies, including water and medical, to the front lines. The individual also discussed the need to evacuate noncombatants and wounded to medical care."

On Wednesday, a large, angry crowd of people who'd attended a nearby rally marched to the Capitol, smashing windows and breaking down doors to get inside. One woman in the mob was shot and killed by a Capitol Police officer; officials said three others in the crowd died of medical emergencies. Another Capitol police officer died after suffering injuries.

On Friday, the head of the FBI's Washington Field Office, Steven D'Antuono, told reporters that "there was no indication" of anything planned for the day of Trump's rally "other than First Amendment-protected activity." D'Antuono added, "we worked diligently with our partners on this."
The FBI said in a statement that its "standard practice is to not comment on specific intelligence products," but added that FBI field offices "routinely share information with their local law enforcement partners to assist in protecting the communities they serve."

The FBI did not detail specifically who saw the document before the mob attack on Congress or what, if anything, was done in response.

For weeks leading up to the event, FBI officials discounted any suggestion that the protest of pro-Trump supporters upset about the scheduled certification of Joe Biden's election could be a security threat on a scale with racial justice protests last summer in the wake of George Floyd's death in Minneapolis police custody.

While the District of Columbia is one of the most heavily guarded cities on the planet, local and federal law enforcement agencies sought to take a low-key approach to last week's event, publicly and privately expressing concerns that they did not want to repeat the ugly clashes between protesters and police last year.

Some law enforcement officials took the view that pro-Trump protesters are generally known for over-the-top rhetoric but not much violence, and therefore the event did not pose a particularly grave risk, according to people familiar with the security discussions before the rally.

Even so, there were warning signs, though none as stark as the one from the FBI's Norfolk office.

FBI agents had in the weeks before the Trump rally visited people suspected of being extremists, hoping to glean whether they had violent intentions, a person familiar with the matter said, though it was not immediately clear who was visited or whether the FBI was tracking anyone who would later be charged criminally. These visits were first reported Sunday by NBC News.

Some Capitol Hill staffers were told by supervisors to not come into work that day, if possible, because it seemed the danger level would be higher than earlier protests, according to a person familiar with the warning. Capitol Police did not take the kind of extra precautions, such as cordoned areas for protesters and hardened barriers, that are typically used in major events around the Capitol.

Now, the Justice Department and federal agents are scrambling to identify and arrest those responsible for last week's violence, in part because there is already significant online discussion of new potential clashes Sunday and again on Jan. 20 when Biden will be inaugurated.

Federal agents remain in a state of high alert before the inauguration as authorities brace for possible violence not just in Washington but across the country, officials said.

The FBI recently issued a memo saying "armed protests" were being planned "at all 50 state capitols" and in D.C. in the days leading up to the inauguration, according to an official familiar with the matter, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive law enforcement matter.

The memo - first reported on by ABC News and later confirmed by The Washington Post - is a raw-intelligence product, compiling information gathered by the bureau and several other government agencies, an official said. Some of it is unverified, and the threat probably will differ significantly from place to place, the official said.

It includes the possibility that people might storm government offices or stage an uprising were Trump to be removed from office, the official said.

In a statement, the FBI declined to comment specifically on the memo about capitols but said: "Our efforts are focused on identifying, investigating, and disrupting individuals that are inciting violence and engaging in criminal activity. As we do in the normal course of business, we are gathering information to identify any potential threats and are sharing that information with our partners.

"The FBI respects the rights of individuals to peacefully exercise their First Amendment rights," it continues. "Our focus is not on peaceful protesters, but on those threatening their safety and the safety of other citizens with violence and destruction of property."
commonsense
Posts: 3100
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:41 am Now that everyone has their version of the recent past, along with its causes, firmly and securely lodged into place, moving forward.

Impeachment. Good idea or bad? It’s being done for retribution, for punishment, and to discourage any future rise of Trump as a political focal point for the will of The People.

Here are some of the elements comprising the condition of this impeachment, the broth for the impeachment soup of Trump, which would legally fail on the merits of the charges:
- Joe Biden’s history of corruption.
- The Hunter Biden laptop
- Daily persecution of Trump all during his administration
- The crippling response to the pandemic that favored big business and destroyed small business.
- Democrats in the pocket of big tech.
- Rioting condoned by Democrats all during 2020.

These things may not be newsworthy to the media, but these are the forces of discontent for a lot of people in the country, and French history teaches that cancel culture can be as indiscriminate as a pandemic virus, only less benign.
This comment is about your fallacious logic, not about the President. I say this emphatically as a foreword because I expect you will take it as an anti-Trump attack, which will be another indication of your misguided logic that you use in your argument, or in this post anyway. Here’s what matters:

Your post rings true—that’s for sure—except for the part about what is/is not newsworthy. Each of the elements of the condition of the impeachment you cited has been covered by MSNBC, CNN and Spectrum, as well as by various local news outlets. Therefore, what you say isn’t newsworthy to the media actually is newsworthy to the same.

But the colossal way that you have shot your argument down is when you named those elements of the condition of this impeachment’s article and the facts therein. See, even being true, they are not extenuating circumstances. They do nothing to exonerate. They are not relevant. They should be excluded.

The point is, you better tighten your logic so that you can make a decent argument against the impeachment of Our Leader. Otherwise Sculptor will eat you up.
Last edited by commonsense on Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
commonsense
Posts: 3100
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

Post by commonsense »

.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4293
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

Post by Lacewing »

Would impeachment/removal obviously be the correct action for the same exact offense of a Democratic president? Hold Trump accountable as would be reasonably demanded of any president.

Are there multiple groups with destructive agendas for and against both political parties? Yes. Are members of only one group participating at any given demonstration? Seems unlikely. Hold everyone accountable who surged into the capitol, yes?

Are destructive stories from the media typically false if they are against one party, and typically true if they are against the other?

Where else do you get the majority of your news if not through some form of media?

Are you uniquely gifted beyond everyone else in discerning true news from false news?

Is something true if it agrees with your preferred views, and false if it does not?

Do your positions and claims consistently demonstrate selective reasoning?

If you cannot break out of obviously one-sided views which you champion with excuses and deception (as required), then you are serving as a mindless pawn for any agenda/force stronger than yourself, as it likely knows what serves/intoxicates you and your ego.

We may not be able to personally ensure that all are held accountable who deserve it, but we can insist that it is EQUALLY deserved and based on the same proof regardless of party. Political leadership may play games with accountability, whether trying to bring down others or shirk their own responsibility -- but individual voters should not champion those games. The people should demand accountability across the board from all leaders. Being a soldier for one side or another is complicit with, and empowers, the destruction that enables.

Be independent. Demand fairness and justice for all. And question/examine everything equally, positively and negatively, with the same lens.
Last edited by Lacewing on Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
commonsense
Posts: 3100
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

Post by commonsense »

Thank you, Lacewing, for your post. Well put.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4293
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

Post by Lacewing »

commonsense wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:00 pm Thank you, Lacewing, for your post. Well put.
:) Thank you.

It seems to me that good logic and clear sight must always strive to look at everything equally, without blind favor... and if there is blind favor, that should be examined even more closely (in case we're being a slave to it). It can be okay that we allow/excuse certain things of our loved ones, that we wouldn't allow/excuse of others. But in regard to large power systems... such as political systems or religion and their many leaders and agendas... our own balanced logic should direct us, and our own honor should define us.

It seems strange that we humans don't more often take a moment or make an effort to view things from the other perspective or position. That's the only way to better understand and see a broader and more truthful view. To allow/forgive the same transgressions, and to demand the same accountability, regardless of who/what it is.

Why would we justify delivering deception or being soldiers for large agendas? Other than, perhaps, we need to feel like we belong to that something bigger, because we do not feel fullness in ourselves?
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:57 pm If this doesn’t agree with your pre-set narrative firmly lodged into place, feel free to dismiss the source as trash, per usual....
Nothing you say above. Nothing you write above.
Nothing you link supports your idea that Antifa might have had something to do with the seige of the Capitol.
In fact it all points away from your stupid idea.
What is the matter with you?
Walker
Posts: 7941
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

Post by Walker »

Rush to judgement? Three crucial questions remain unanswered about Capitol siege
https://justthenews.com/government/cong ... unanswered

- "This new evidence raises the first compelling question that remains unanswered. How could Trump incite an attack that had already been pre-planned and was in motion before his speech ended?"

- "The second major question that remains unanswered is: What did House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the other leaders in Congress know — and when did they know it — about the possibility for violence and the Pentagon's pre-attack offer to send National Guardsmen to reinforce the Capitol Police?"

- "Finally, there is this troubling third question: Were there facilitators inside the Capitol and outside it who instigated or enabled the attack to be carried out?"
commonsense
Posts: 3100
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:40 pm Rush to judgement? Three crucial questions remain unanswered about Capitol siege
https://justthenews.com/government/cong ... unanswered

- "This new evidence raises the first compelling question that remains unanswered. How could Trump incite an attack that had already been pre-planned and was in motion before his speech ended?"

- "The second major question that remains unanswered is: What did House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the other leaders in Congress know — and when did they know it — about the possibility for violence and the Pentagon's pre-attack offer to send National Guardsmen to reinforce the Capitol Police?"

- "Finally, there is this troubling third question: Were there facilitators inside the Capitol and outside it who instigated or enabled the attack to be carried out?"
Your logic is getting worse, and I can see why you are called blind.

The first unanswered question is obvious to anyone with a freshman vocabulary. Since to incite an event is to encourage an event rather than to plan one, you are posting a link that is not helping Our Leader as you should be doing.

Pelosi should have known about the possibility of violence in government since the 1960’s. There are no other Dem’s who are leaders in Congress save one; the plural is a gross exaggeration of the truth. The Pentagon has contingency plans for every branch of service, and it should be no surprise that the Guard has long been called out for demonstrations, protests and riots. Such blatant absurdities make Donald Trump and the base sound irrational and only weaken pro-Trump arguments.

Finally, how could there not have been instigators and facilitators. Don’t post links to ridiculous “arguments” that pull our President down.

Use your brain!
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 9939
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

a flyer has been circulatin' on the net promotin' an armed march on Capitol Hill and all state capitals on jan. 17

Post by henry quirk »

might be a good idea to sit these out
Walker
Posts: 7941
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: a flyer has been circulatin' on the net promotin' an armed march on Capitol Hill and all state capitals on jan. 17

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:59 am might be a good idea to sit these out
What could possibly go wrong, or right?

Reasons to rationally speculate about that are made scarce by the possibility of being correct.
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

Post by Sculptor »

Trump calls for peace.

Too little, too late. The man that routinely has encouraged political violence for the last 4 years.
Does he think we are stupid?
"I'll pay your medical bills"
"Knock the crap out of them"
"Tell the police to rough em up"
"So much fun. I'll love it. Ya having a good time."
"They started punching back, It was beautiful"
"Proud Boys, Stand By".
Walker
Posts: 7941
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

Post by Walker »

Andrew Torba
Gab CEO

- I heard he retrieved Trump’s messages to the people from out of the memory hole.
- Big Tech’s competition.
- “Cancel Culture” is Communist eradication of history and the individual.
- Statues and words disappear, history changes right up to the present.
Walker
Posts: 7941
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

Post by Walker »

Looking ahead, the next president and vice-president support rioting.
So ... the country has that going for it.


Meet The Rioting Criminals Kamala Harris Helped Bail Out Of Jail, August 2020
https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/31/me ... t-of-jail/

“Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have a problem. They know it, the media knows it, everyone knows it.

“For three months they have ignored the deadly rioting that spread across the nation’s cities on both coasts and in between. They insisted that what we were seeing was “mostly peaceful” protests and that Donald Trump and his evil allies were defaming decent Americans who just want social justice. Now they want to denounce these riots, but there is a problem: Harris is a financial supporter of the rioters she now claims to denounce.”
Post Reply