Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2606
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Post by Greatest I am »

Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Poverty is a condition imposed by governments through the tax system.

The world will have to pay dearly, not only now, but in the near future, for the hardships cause by this pandemic and the various other upcoming health crisis.

We are already handing our children a dying planet. Will we saddle them with more poverty as well?

Poverty is created by the tax system. Gandhi also said that to impose poverty was a crime.

The tax system is controlled by the rich. Demographically speaking, this fact is proven by their outrageous demographic position and control of the legislation.

Will the rich swallow the huge debt that will soon hit us, or will they place the debt as more poverty for our next extinction bound generation?

The next tax laws, everywhere, will show if more poor die, or if the rich will give up their loose change, which is all that it takes, to end poverty.

Regards
DL
Impenitent
Posts: 3129
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Post by Impenitent »

utopia on the way

-Imp
FrankGSterleJr
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Post by FrankGSterleJr »

I receive the annual influenza vaccination every fall, though for the last few years I’ve specifically asked for a placebo
... to which I receive a serious look by the nurse, who's clearly not amused by my attempt at humor on this otherwise serious topic of vaccinating.
User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2606
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Post by Greatest I am »

Impenitent wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:35 pm utopia on the way

-Imp
You likely do not know how close it is or how little it would collectively profit us all, not cost us.

Not that ending poverty would create a utopian state.

Regards
DL
gaffo
Posts: 3597
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Post by gaffo »

the poor - as always.
User avatar
DanDare
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:52 am

Re: Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Post by DanDare »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:37 pmWho will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?
Financial debt is illusory, and can be cancelled.
Poverty is a condition imposed by governments through the tax system.
Demonstrate this? In Australia the tax system leaves low income earners alone and draws tax from high income earners. At the same time the government creates funds to mobilise social services that help people suffering poverty, momentary financial difficulties, health problems and so on.
The world will have to pay dearly, not only now, but in the near future, for the hardships cause by this pandemic and the various other upcoming health crisis.
Demonstrate this?
We are already handing our children a dying planet. Will we saddle them with more poverty as well?
We are certainly damaging the life support systems that humans rely on. This may cause our civilization to collapse and for the vast bulk of humans to die. Poverty is caused by uneven distribution of resources and uncontrolled population growth. There is currently enough food production to go around. Other resources can also be distributed more evenly. However we do need to pull back population growth and production of excess resources, as well as converting to means of creation that do not damage the bio sphere.
Poverty is created by the tax system.
So you said earlier. Demonstrate this?
Gandhi also said that to impose poverty was a crime.
Yes and I consider this to be true.
The tax system is controlled by the rich. Demographically speaking, this fact is proven by their outrageous demographic position and control of the legislation.
Certainly the wealthy in many countries have power far beyond their numbers, and they manipulate economic situations to favor themselves with that power. This is not the fault of a taxation system, which is ostensibly a means of forcing the wealthy to contribute toward social equity. Saying that tax creates poverty is a reversal of the concept which I imagine would favor the wealthy greatly.
Will the rich swallow the huge debt that will soon hit us, or will they place the debt as more poverty for our next extinction bound generation?
Again, what debt? This seems to be a wealthy persons mantra about their own financial loss, not an actual mechanism of economy.
The next tax laws, everywhere, will show if more poor die, or if the rich will give up their loose change, which is all that it takes, to end poverty.
Demonstrate what you mean. This is vague and seemingly unfounded.
User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2606
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:23 am the poor - as always.
They do not have the cash, but I can see many in the middle classes pay, and this will drive themselves below the poverty line.

That or just pass our dent to our kids, which we seem really good at doing.

Nice parenting. Not.

Regards
DL
commonsense
Posts: 2878
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Post by commonsense »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:05 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:23 am the poor - as always.
They do not have the cash, but I can see many in the middle classes pay, and this will drive themselves below the poverty line.

That or just pass our dent to our kids, which we seem really good at doing.

Nice parenting. Not.

Regards
DL
The poor will bear the burden of paying for the pandemic, not with cash but with decreases in public services.
User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2606
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Post by Greatest I am »

DanDare wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:52 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:37 pmWho will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?
Financial debt is illusory, and can be cancelled.
Poverty is a condition imposed by governments through the tax system.
Demonstrate this? In Australia the tax system leaves low income earners alone and draws tax from high income earners. At the same time the government creates funds to mobilise social services that help people suffering poverty, momentary financial difficulties, health problems and so on.
The world will have to pay dearly, not only now, but in the near future, for the hardships cause by this pandemic and the various other upcoming health crisis.
Demonstrate this?
We are already handing our children a dying planet. Will we saddle them with more poverty as well?
We are certainly damaging the life support systems that humans rely on. This may cause our civilization to collapse and for the vast bulk of humans to die. Poverty is caused by uneven distribution of resources and uncontrolled population growth. There is currently enough food production to go around. Other resources can also be distributed more evenly. However we do need to pull back population growth and production of excess resources, as well as converting to means of creation that do not damage the bio sphere.
Poverty is created by the tax system.
So you said earlier. Demonstrate this?
Gandhi also said that to impose poverty was a crime.
Yes and I consider this to be true.
The tax system is controlled by the rich. Demographically speaking, this fact is proven by their outrageous demographic position and control of the legislation.
Certainly the wealthy in many countries have power far beyond their numbers, and they manipulate economic situations to favor themselves with that power. This is not the fault of a taxation system, which is ostensibly a means of forcing the wealthy to contribute toward social equity. Saying that tax creates poverty is a reversal of the concept which I imagine would favor the wealthy greatly.
Will the rich swallow the huge debt that will soon hit us, or will they place the debt as more poverty for our next extinction bound generation?
Again, what debt? This seems to be a wealthy persons mantra about their own financial loss, not an actual mechanism of economy.
The next tax laws, everywhere, will show if more poor die, or if the rich will give up their loose change, which is all that it takes, to end poverty.
Demonstrate what you mean. This is vague and seemingly unfounded.
It is founded on fact.

I just did a proof of concept for a guy who said that this year, he was going to show a lose of 10,000 because of the Covid 19. He indicated this was going to put him under the poverty line. His is a small business.

I walked him through his return and asked him to use a different/lower tax rate till he would drop just over the poverty rate.

All he had to do was drop his tax rate, thus showing how taxes directly create poverty.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2606
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Post by Greatest I am »

commonsense wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:10 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:05 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:23 am the poor - as always.
They do not have the cash, but I can see many in the middle classes pay, and this will drive themselves below the poverty line.

That or just pass our dent to our kids, which we seem really good at doing.

Nice parenting. Not.

Regards
DL
The poor will bear the burden of paying for the pandemic, not with cash but with decreases in public services.
Doubtful, unless you want to see a bunch of homeless dying on your streets.

If poor, there is no wealth to steal from the poor, regardless of how hard we squeeze them.

Regards
DL
User avatar
RCSaunders
Posts: 2150
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Post by RCSaunders »

gaffo wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:23 am the poor - as always.
Exactly how do the poor (those without any wealth) pay any debts? They can't even pay their own way in this world.

There is not going to be any, "Corona virus debt." There will undoubtedly be crushing economic decline, however. They are no the same thing.
User avatar
RCSaunders
Posts: 2150
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Post by RCSaunders »

commonsense wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:10 pm The poor will bear the burden of paying for the pandemic, not with cash but with decreases in public services.
How sad! The parasites might not have as much to mooch. They might actually have to do something to provide for themselves, like everyone else.
User avatar
DanDare
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:52 am

Re: Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Post by DanDare »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:32 am
commonsense wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:10 pm The poor will bear the burden of paying for the pandemic, not with cash but with decreases in public services.
How sad! The parasites might not have as much to mooch. They might actually have to do something to provide for themselves, like everyone else.
There is such a thing as systemically forced poverty you know. The fall back to calling the poor "moochers" is inane.
User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2606
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Post by Greatest I am »

DanDare wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:22 am
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:32 am
commonsense wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:10 pm The poor will bear the burden of paying for the pandemic, not with cash but with decreases in public services.
How sad! The parasites might not have as much to mooch. They might actually have to do something to provide for themselves, like everyone else.
There is such a thing as systemically forced poverty you know. The fall back to calling the poor "moochers" is inane.
I agree. Our disingenuous friend has included all destitute and needy as moochers.

His is a simple mind.

Regards
DL
Post Reply