How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 7443
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:23 pm

Of course, you never get nasty or use personal insults. In fact the more a person engaes with you, the nastier and more personal you get. Duly noted, but hardly unexpected. NZ didn't participate in the Iraq invasion--one of the few things it has going for it--nor did Israel for that matter.

Science Fan
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by Science Fan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:55 pm

NZ did participate in sending military units to Iraq. They were even there a little while ago, and may still be there for all I know.

And while you falsely claim all Americans are war-mongers and "nationalistic," the evidence on this forum completely undermines your allegations against Americans. I have written a number of posts on here critical of the USA. So have numerous other Americans here. Yet, name one you have written that is critical of New Zealand?

So, who is the blind nationalist here? People like me who are critical of our own countries, or people like you who only bitch about America, and never address your own country's numerous failures?

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 7443
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Science Fan wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:55 pm
NZ did participate in sending military units to Iraq. They were even there a little while ago, and may still be there for all I know.

And while you falsely claim all Americans are war-mongers and "nationalistic," the evidence on this forum completely undermines your allegations against Americans. I have written a number of posts on here critical of the USA. So have numerous other Americans here. Yet, name one you have written that is critical of New Zealand?

So, who is the blind nationalist here? People like me who are critical of our own countries, or people like you who only bitch about America, and never address your own country's numerous failures?
I couldn't care less what you say about any country, as long as it's true. It's far more likely to be a Lacewing or an SOB who could sway me than a walking, talking, stereotypical American btw. It's ony the Americans on here who constantly bring up the fact that they are American, who write endless posts about American politics, American local news, American current affairs, American tastes.........I don't recall anyone else mentioning their country except in passing, but certainly not as a whole thread topic. Actually I don't think I ever have. There's Arising UK, but the UK is made up of several countries. Greta talks about Australia but I'm not sure if she's ever said she's Australian.
And there are a few things positive that I've said about America. I give credit where it's due.

Science Fan
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by Science Fan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:56 pm

Ah, and there you go yet again Veggie, with your blatant bigotry.

I'll leave you to rot in your own miserable world of mindless hatred.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 7443
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:15 pm

Fine by me.

gaffo
Posts: 1295
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by gaffo » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:47 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:11 am
What's it to you? Why do you care more about Palestinians than Iraqis and Syrians etc. etc. etc. etc...............Why don't you do something about the brutality of your own people?
2 reasons:

1. my nation USA does not have a governmental policy of descrimination (our apartheid society ended with the 1964 civil rights act)......yes there is still racism, but its level is lower than that found in Isarel and its no longer "legalized racism"...............you are positing a moral equivalency here, when there is not one.

2. Israel is a legalized Apartheid State that gets 10+ billions of $$$$$ from my Nation - some of it from me via my taxes, this fact offends me morally and so I speak out about it.

Science Fan
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by Science Fan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:09 am

Gaffo: You are full of crap. 1. Israel does not have a policy of discriminating against its Arab-Muslim citizens. Secondly, I also live in the USA, and know for a fact that you being an American, makes you nothing less than a hypocrite in your claims against Israel. First off, unlike the Israeli Jews who lived in the land for thousands of years, bought the land and reclaimed the swamp land, and won defensive wars, the USA acquired its line largely through theft and wars of aggression. If you don't hand over your home, and property, to the nearest Native American Indian or Mexican, then you are a hypocrite. That's the plain and simple facts.

2. You are also showing that you don't give a crap about people who are poor living right next to you. You claim that the USA does not discriminate against blacks? Is that why there are so many blacks in prison? How come despite the fact that more white people use illegal drugs than blacks, there are more blacks in prison for using illegal drugs? That's active, legal, discrimination against blacks, occurring today, in the USA, and you don't give a darn about their suffering, but, instead, are concerned about the so-called Palestinians who live across the globe from you? The very fact you would lie and claim that there is not presently institutionalized bigotry against blacks in the USA just shows you up for the hypocrite you are --- you only focus on Israel because you hate Jews, not because you support the downtrodden. If you did, then you would be spending time visiting poor black neighborhoods near you, and demanding justice for blacks in the USA. Instead, you deny they are being targeted.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 7443
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:44 am

gaffo wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:47 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:11 am
What's it to you? Why do you care more about Palestinians than Iraqis and Syrians etc. etc. etc. etc...............Why don't you do something about the brutality of your own people?
2 reasons:

1. my nation USA does not have a governmental policy of descrimination (our apartheid society ended with the 1964 civil rights act)......yes there is still racism, but its level is lower than that found in Isarel and its no longer "legalized racism"...............you are positing a moral equivalency here, when there is not one.

2. Israel is a legalized Apartheid State that gets 10+ billions of $$$$$ from my Nation - some of it from me via my taxes, this fact offends me morally and so I speak out about it.
Right, it just invades and murders people in other countries. You should be praising Israel for not participating in that crime against humanity.

Science Fan
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by Science Fan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Gaffo: There is a proxy war being fought right now in Yemen. Iranian forces took over the country, and the Saudis are fighting against them. The Saudis are using American weapons while the Iranians have Russian allies. Now, there are some people who blame this conflict solely on the USA and ignore the involvement of other countries, like Iran, and the Saudis, etc. I'm not one to do that ---- I am condemning all actors in this war. We know for a fact that the Saudis used American bombs to directly, and intentionally, target a funeral procession of more than 400 people. Now, imagine if Israel had intentionally dropped a bomb on 400 people attending a funeral? You and your comrades would be all up in arms demanding the destruction of Israel, and you'd probably encourage attacks against Jews, even if they lived outside of Israel and had nothing to do with the attack. Yet, when the USA supports the killing of people attending a funeral, not to mention the blockades that are used in Yemen to starve thousands to death, you don't respond by demanding the destruction of the USA, or the Saudis, or Iran. And of course, we all know why this is ---- you cannot blame these murders of Arab-Muslims on Jews, so their deaths do not concern you. Rather odd, too, because as a US citizen, you are partially responsible for these murders. Unlike you, I have protested against the USA's participation in this proxy war. Why? Because to me, innocent lives matter, whether Jews can be blamed for their deaths or not.

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 1303
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by FlashDangerpants » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:30 pm

Science Fan wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm
ou and your comrades would be all up in arms demanding the destruction of Israel, and you'd probably encourage attacks against Jews, even if they lived outside of Israel and had nothing to do with the attack.
That seems like an unfair personal attack tbh.
Science Fan wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:36 pm
VT: Why are you even on a philosophy forum? In philosophy, and logic, it is recognized that personal attacks are a foul.
You owe Gaffo an apology.

Science Fan
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by Science Fan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:55 pm

Flash: I most definitely do not owe Gaffo an apology. By the way, were you the one writing that Bill was stupid just the other day?

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 1303
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by FlashDangerpants » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:23 pm

Science Fan wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:55 pm
Flash: I most definitely do not owe Gaffo an apology. By the way, were you the one writing that Bill was stupid just the other day?
Well yes, but I'm not the one who wrote that stuff about personal attacks being a foul. So that's not hypocrisy on my part in the way it is on yours. You are smart enough to know that without forcing me to point it out.

FWIW, I've called Bill many things other than just stupid. He's a massive bullshitter, and a glaring narcissist too, although his probable worst crime is that for all his self adulation, he is a banal wanker with nothing interesting to say and no worthwhile ideas at all. I take none off this abuse back because he has worked very hard to earn it.

I've called several other people idiots as well, prominently Nick_A and PhilX. Both of those people are grunting halfwits as well though, and I can't imagine you would argue that point because it is clearly a fair assessment.

Gaffo, on the other hand doesn't seem at all like somebody who would encourage attacks against innocent people for the crime of being Jewish. I think you made that up. You are far too eager to label any critic of Israeli policies anti-semitic and with that you write off every point they make as illegitimate even when it is fair. It is quite possible for a policy of the Israeli government to be cruel and abusive and wrong. But you assume as a matter of unsupported logical necessity that this is impossible if the people committing the cruelty are Jewish for some reason.

Science Fan
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by Science Fan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:37 pm

FlashP: Okay, so according to you, Bill, PE, are all idiots, while Gaffo, a blatant Jew-hater isn't? And I'm supposed to take you seriously? Gaffo does support the killing of innocents. It is the official policy of both Hamas and the Palestinian Authority to murder Jews, including babies, and young children. It is the official policy of the Palestinian Authority to give life long pensions for the families of those who murder Jews, and the pension amount increases according to the number of Jews murdered. Gaffo fully supports both Hamas and the Palestinian Authority, so he does support the murder of innocent Jews. Those are the facts. You can try to deny them all you want, but reality disagrees with you.

Science Fan
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by Science Fan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:40 pm

FlashP: Let me spell out your hypocrisy for you. You have admitted to calling users on here names when you disagree with them. But, you claimed I owed Gaffo an apology. That makes you a hypocrite. You can't insult others while claiming that I should shower a Jew-hater with kindness. That's not happening. I never show any anti-Semite or racist kindness at all. I confront them on their bullshit.

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 1303
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by FlashDangerpants » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:57 pm

I have to go and do useful things now so I will keep this brief. I call people stupid when they are observably thick. so far I haven't drawn that conclusion about you but I have noticed that you easily succumb to ill temper and write stupid stuff as a result. So I'm not saying you aren't thick yet either.

I never wrote that "In philosophy, and logic, it is recognized that personal attacks are a foul." You wrote that. So let's see if you can understated this.... because you wrote it, it is your claim. I didn't write it... so it isn't my claim.

So if I don't write that personal attacks are a foul, and then I make a personal attack, I haven't written quite clearly that I shouldn't have made the personal attack. I could still owe somebody an apology if the attack I make is unfounded, but that doesn't apply to Bill so the matter is moot for now.

But you did write that personal attacks are a foul. And then you made one. You failed to live up to your own clearly stated standards. So you owe the guy an apology. Or you owe VT one. Take your pick, I don't care. the way out of your problem is to say sorry to one of them. Or it is to shut up and stop annoying me, hope nobody else piles in, and your hypocrisy can be quietly forgotten.

Why are you doing this shit to yourself? Get a fucking grip.


No need to apologise to me by the way. I'm not offended.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests