Hydrogen

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

homegrown
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: Hydrogen

Post by homegrown » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:24 pm

Half a chicken, yorkies, roast pots, gravy, peas, carrots, (broccolli - YUK) - pint o' beer - plus choc pud, ice cream, 1095. Free internet! Diversity of wants - my ass!

Ginkgo
Posts: 2452
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Hydrogen

Post by Ginkgo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:46 am

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.




I think there was a small misunderstanding.


In my post, the one with the happy Buddha, only the part beginning with the * was directed in reference to you and your original short post.


The bulk of my large, happy Buddha post was directed towards another poster.




I appreciate your posts and your opinions.



I'm sorry if I caused any confusion with my sometimes odd sentence structure.







.
No problem Bill. It was probably just as much my fault.

Believe it or not I do actually enjoy your posts.

All the best.

Ginkgo
Posts: 2452
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Hydrogen

Post by Ginkgo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:47 am

double post..again

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5142
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Metamorphic Elemental

Re: Hydrogen

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:13 pm

homegrown wrote:Half a chicken, yorkies, roast pots, gravy, peas, carrots, (broccolli - YUK) - pint o' beer - plus choc pud, ice cream, 1095. Free internet! Diversity of wants - my ass!
I agree, life comes with no operation manual. In terms of each individuals perception of what it is, exclusively dependent upon an ever varying set of unique experience's, of an ever varying unique sequence, and intensity, etc, one can plainly see that we are not necessarily responsible for our youthful random programming, but that as we grow older, at least for the truly enlightened, we try and organize and rebuild that programming, into what it is in being an adult, with feet firmly planted on the ground. As we acknowledge this varying program of individuality, it's easy to see, for the enlightened, that there is no necessary accounting for it, or any stage of reprogramming, so that the ability, of the meeting of minds, is arbitrary, constrained by no specific set of rules, as to where one is/should be, as if this state of being, could necessarily be ascertained, by anyone other than the individual themselves, in the first place. How then, are we to understand one another, while most, fall short of understanding themselves, completely?

The only framework that I see as mandatory in this lifelong quest, is that of the golden rule, or rather my revision, designed to compensate for potential errors of judgement. Of course I also changed it's title, because I think "The Golden Rule" sends the wrong message.
Here is my version:

The Fundamental Social Axiom: "Treat others, as you would have others, treat you; to the extent, that all parties, knowingly agree, at the time."

Yes, I love diversity, I just hate those that hate, unless I can get to their understanding, so as to help them love.

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5470
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: Hydrogen

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:49 pm

.











.....................................................................
Image






"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going."

~~~ Hydrogen ~~~










.

declansaiid
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:37 am

Re: Hydrogen

Post by declansaiid » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:46 am

arising is just an angry person. he made a condescending remark, was asked to elaborate, and couldn't. he makes references to when he was an angry teenager? he sounds like he's still an angry teenager. this isn't the first place i've seen the hydrogen quote (bill never claimed it was his own. not that i saw anyway) and it might be cutting edge and brand new, but it is still pretty profound. existence and life in general, summed up in such a simple and true statement. are you kidding me that you would presume to "yawn" at that. everything you've said about the quote and about bill speaks more about you, arising, than it does the quote or bill. one of best descriptions of philosophy i've heard is this, and i believe it applies to you completely: "most philosophy that is trashed is done so for a reason. the reason is that it is only as deep as what we're capable of taking away from it." an angry, ignorant, arrogant person will not be capable of taking anything of substance away from most things, as if the admission of depth or profound qualities somehow makes them vulnerable or less intelligent. when did it become a statement of a towering intellect to "yawn" or be so dismissive of things? it doesn't make it seem like you're too intelligent for said things, it only makes you seem like you're more arrogant than intelligent and that is one of the defining characteristics of ignorance. i say good day, sir.

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5470
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: Hydrogen

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:11 pm

.





REALLY fuckinf
g drunk righ now.


Can't defend mtself. Thank you for your kibd words...







.

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5142
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Metamorphic Elemental

Re: Hydrogen

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:11 am

Arising_uk wrote:Care to say what's philosophical about it Bill?

Save your psycho-babble for yourself. As you truly need it given you don't know who you are, think you're are part of some thing called 'Bill Wiltracks brain' and never ever say what you actually think about the plagiarism you parrot.
Everyone parrots, duh! No one is born with all the knowledge they contain, at any age, other than day one! It's all cumulative programing, to some extent or another.

Pretty much all your posts point to someone stuck in pessimistic teenage existential angst.

Try reading some actual philosophy, it may help you.
And the absolute worst parrot is one that takes all they've read verbatim, hook line and sinker, without any thought to the contrary. And so the idiot parrot whines, when ones ideas, critical of those they've read, are said. To the clone, if it doesn't agree with those they've read, well, it must be wrong! They the ones that seriously don't have a mind, simply a parrot, a clone, a thoughtless drone!

Please stop appending meaningless platitudes.
They that say they don't fear death, yet say they would murder an infant to save all "others" lives, which of course includes their own. That smoke screen of "others," meant to obscure their main concern, obvious in how they treat those "others" (Bill/Bob) on a day to day basis. As they then try an appeal, to all those "others" fear, as a mob of what's right/what's moral, in murdering an innocent baby. The "others," the reason for the infant threat, in the first place!!!!!!!!!! But then those parroting clones have to have everything, "their" way, even if it takes a murdered infant!!!!!!!!!!

Fear, the mind killer! Then Selfishness the key, the perpetuation of that which plagues mankind's twisted reign!!!!!!!!

The coward is exposed!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11151
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Hydrogen

Post by Arising_uk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:18 am

SpheresOfBalance wrote: And the absolute worst parrot is one that takes all they've read verbatim, hook line and sinker, without any thought to the contrary. And so the idiot parrot whines, when ones ideas, critical of those they've read, are said. To the clone, if it doesn't agree with those they've read, well, it must be wrong! They the ones that seriously don't have a mind, simply a parrot, a clone, a thoughtless drone!
Yet another idiot on a philosophy forum who hasn't bothered to read any.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11151
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Hydrogen

Post by Arising_uk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:36 am

declansaiid wrote:arising is just an angry person. he made a condescending remark, was asked to elaborate, and couldn't. he makes references to when he was an angry teenager? he sounds like he's still an angry teenager. ...
Where did I say I was an angry teenager? I might have but this thread is so old you'll have to use the quote function to show me please.
this isn't the first place i've seen the hydrogen quote (bill never claimed it was his own. not that i saw anyway) and it might be cutting edge and brand new, but it is still pretty profound. ...
Why?
existence and life in general, summed up in such a simple and true statement. are you kidding me that you would presume to "yawn" at that. ...
I yawn at it because the hippies became the yippies and it explains fuck all about existence and life in general.
everything you've said about the quote and about bill speaks more about you, arising, than it does the quote or bill. one of best descriptions of philosophy i've heard is this, and i believe it applies to you completely: "most philosophy that is trashed is done so for a reason. the reason is that it is only as deep as what we're capable of taking away from it." an angry, ignorant, arrogant person will not be capable of taking anything of substance away from most things, as if the admission of depth or profound qualities somehow makes them vulnerable or less intelligent. when did it become a statement of a towering intellect to "yawn" or be so dismissive of things? ...
After about a year of Bill never engaging in any philosophical discussion about his thoughts. About ten minutes after Bill declared that reading the thoughts of those that have been called the philosophers is not worth it. About two minutes after he filled the forum with pictures, large fonts and lots of white space. And immediately after he plagarised others words. Oh! And the fact that this hydrogen thread is just a repost of an earlier post of his.
it doesn't make it seem like you're too intelligent for said things, it only makes you seem like you're more arrogant than intelligent and that is one of the defining characteristics of ignorance. i say good day, sir.
Nighty night.

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5142
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Metamorphic Elemental

Re: Hydrogen

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:24 am

Arising_uk wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: And the absolute worst parrot is one that takes all they've read verbatim, hook line and sinker, without any thought to the contrary. And so the idiot parrot whines, when ones ideas, critical of those they've read, are said. To the clone, if it doesn't agree with those they've read, well, it must be wrong! They the ones that seriously don't have a mind, simply a parrot, a clone, a thoughtless drone!
Yet another idiot on a philosophy forum who hasn't bothered to read any.
If only your words had any weight in truth, you'd get a point. But you don't! Well they "kind of" do, because in truth I didn't read my text books as much as I listened in class to my philosophy professors lecturers, taking notes. Though I did, on a couple occasions, actually record his lectures on a micro cassette recorder. I still have the cassettes, but the recorder died. It was before the days of the digital recorders, damn!

Good try Asinking_uk, but in fact your words are hollow!

I think you should continue showing us all how you support those "other" lives you saved by killing that infant from your doomsday device thought experiment. You know the ones, you appealed to their fear of death to support your choice to kill an innocent to save the guilty, that were in fact responsible for the dilemma. Like I've said since you needlessly abused godfree, you use your knowledge as a weapon against those that are less fortunate than you, and you're a coward to boot, hiding behind the corpses of hypothetically murdered infants by your twisted hand!

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11151
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Hydrogen

Post by Arising_uk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:49 pm

SpheresOfBalance wrote:If only your words had any weight in truth, you'd get a point. But you don't! Well they "kind of" do, because in truth I didn't read my text books as much as I listened in class to my philosophy professors lecturers, taking notes. Though I did, on a couple occasions, actually record his lectures on a micro cassette recorder. I still have the cassettes, but the recorder died. It was before the days of the digital recorders, damn!

Good try Asinking_uk, but in fact your words are hollow! ...
lmao! And you talk to me about parroting.

How can you have any idea about what your professors were saying had any merit if you didn't bother to read the books(not the text books) by those we call the philosophers.
I think you should continue showing us all how you support those "other" lives you saved by killing that infant from your doomsday device thought experiment. You know the ones, you appealed to their fear of death to support your choice to kill an innocent to save the guilty, that were in fact responsible for the dilemma. Like I've said since you needlessly abused godfree, you use your knowledge as a weapon against those that are less fortunate than you, and you're a coward to boot, hiding behind the corpses of hypothetically murdered infants by your twisted hand!
Once more for the cracked record here's the thread - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15551&hilit=doomsday&start=30

I'll leave it up to others to decide whether what you say has any truth or is just the spoutings of the sociopathic blowhard who would kill his own and all the other innocent children just to justify his pet psycho-babble 'theory'.

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5142
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Metamorphic Elemental

Re: Hydrogen

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Thu May 04, 2017 4:59 am

Arising_uk wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:If only your words had any weight in truth, you'd get a point. But you don't! Well they "kind of" do, because in truth I didn't read my text books as much as I listened in class to my philosophy professors lecturers, taking notes. Though I did, on a couple occasions, actually record his lectures on a micro cassette recorder. I still have the cassettes, but the recorder died. It was before the days of the digital recorders, damn!

Good try Asinking_uk, but in fact your words are hollow! ...
lmao! And you talk to me about parroting.

How can you have any idea about what your professors were saying had any merit if you didn't bother to read the books(not the text books) by those we call the philosophers.
You've got to be kidding me, "because that's their job!" They are students of that which they teach. And again you don't seem very smart, as how are the text books that are supposed to be written about philosophers, any different than books that are supposed to be copies of those written by philosophers, in neither case can one "know" that they truthfully represent that which the philosopher said or meant. The only way one could be sure is to talk to the philosophers, asking them questions, and that's impossible in most cases. FYI, my professor made a point of the fact, that the versions of text that were made available to us, where those that philosophy scholars agreed were the best resources to study, the most accurate versions. Of course he could have been lying, sure! Which tends to be my point most often, not yours! ;-)
I think you should continue showing us all how you support those "other" lives you saved by killing that infant from your doomsday device thought experiment. You know the ones, you appealed to their fear of death to support your choice to kill an innocent to save the guilty, that were in fact responsible for the dilemma. Like I've said since you needlessly abused godfree, you use your knowledge as a weapon against those that are less fortunate than you, and you're a coward to boot, hiding behind the corpses of hypothetically murdered infants by your twisted hand!
Once more for the cracked record here's the thread - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15551&hilit=doomsday&start=30
Yeah, and like I've said, that's you appealing to the masses that fear their death, believing that they shall surely side with you, creating a mob, (against me,) that due to that fear, shall do anything to save their lives, including the murder if an innocent infant. It just proves your cowardice even more! To the wise, that is!

I'll leave it up to others to decide whether what you say has any truth or is just the spoutings of the sociopathic blowhard who would kill his own and all the other innocent children just to justify his pet psycho-babble 'theory'.
Incorrect sweetheart, you brought the so called thought experiment to me, so you are responsible for all it contains. Earlier, in another thread, you had said that you did not fear death, but clearly you lied, your resolve to your thought experiment the indicator. Lies, deception, misdirection and fear your modus operandi. Anyone that looks at that thread, that you keep believing would save your cowardly ass from ridicule, shall see that it's your resolve that is that of a murderer, not mine! That I won't save you and your kind, from your own stupidity, is not me murdering you and yours, it's me allowing your stupidity to take it's course that you created, such that you murder yourselves. There are no theories in my resolve, just cold hard facts, that you're an insane coward that will kill an infant to save your self righteous, cowardly ass. And yes I would have either ran away if I could, or kicked the leader of the three so hard in his abdomen so as to cause internal bleeding, thereby cutting the head off the snake, the tail probably cowering in fear. No kung-fooy, that again, was the result of your fear!
As a side bar: I see that your thought experiment was severely flawed! For cowards it's often easy to kill another, to save their worthless lives. The far far better thought experiment is one where, in order to save the world from certain annihilation from a doomsday device, one would have to do something to stop it, that would certainly end their life. That there was no way to stop the doomsday device from killing everyone, unless one committed certain suicide. Now that's sacrifice! And that is the only true measure of ones commitment to the human race.

You set it up the way you did, because it's you that are the sociopathic psycho, willingly setting up an innocent infant as the mark to save those that created the dilemma in the first place. The way you treat users of this site, that you believe are unworthy, in the face of your thought experiment, the evidence! For you, the others that you say you would save, can only ever be used for the cannon fodder, that saves your worthless cowardly life.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11151
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Hydrogen

Post by Arising_uk » Thu May 04, 2017 2:52 pm

SpheresOfBalance wrote:...
You've got to be kidding me, "because that's their job!" They are students of that which they teach. And again you don't seem very smart, as how are the text books that are supposed to be written about philosophers, any different than books that are supposed to be copies of those written by philosophers, in neither case can one "know" that they truthfully represent that which the philosopher said or meant. ...
Er! Because they wrote them?

I have no problem listening to professors about what they think of the books but you are an idiot if you think that you can form an opinion without actually reading the books yourself. A parrot in fact.
The only way one could be sure is to talk to philosophers, asking them questions, and that's impossible in most cases. FYI, my professor made a point of the fact, that the versions of text that were made available to us, where those that philosophy scholars agreed were the best resources to study, the most accurate versions. Of course he could have been lying, sure! Which tends to be my point most often, not yours! ;-)
You've clearly never read any of the translated books by those we call the philosophers as if you had you would have noticed that they have a translators foreword and copious annotations on every page where they think there is ambiguity with respect to the translation as they well understand the issues and difficulties involved in translating between languages and especially with something as complex as a philosophical thought. But the solution is easy, just read those written by the philosophers in your own language.
Yeah, and like I've said, that's you appealing to the masses that fear their death, believing that they shall surely side with you, creating a mob, (against me,) that due to that fear, shall do anything to save their lives, including the murder if an innocent infant. It just proves your cowardice even more! To the wise, that is!
Blah! Blah! Blah!
Incorrect sweetheart, you brought the so called thought experiment to me, so you are responsible for all it contains. ...
Your memory fails you petal as it was someone else who posited the thought experiment and you who responded to it first.
Earlier, in another thread, you had said that you did not fear death, but clearly you lied, your resolve to your thought experiment the indicator. ...
Show me where I said I didn't fear dying? At best I'd have said I don't think about it.
Lies, deception, misdirection and fear your modus operandi. Anyone that looks at that thread, that you keep believing would save your cowardly ass from ridicule, shall see that it's your resolve that is that of a murderer, not mine! That I won't save you and your kind, from your own stupidity, is not me murdering you and yours, it's me allowing your stupidity to take it's course that you created, such that you murder yourselves. There are no theories in my resolve, just cold hard facts, that you're an insane coward that will kill an infant to save your self righteous, cowardly ass. ...
Blah! Blah! Blah!

I'm happy that others can read the thread and make their own decisions about my position as to what I say I think I would do in such a situation.

I also find your position hysterical given that you've claimed you were in a position to play with nukes and presumably would have to take collective responsibility for launching them.
And yes I would have either ran away if I could, or kicked the leader of the three so hard in his abdomen so as to cause internal bleeding, thereby cutting the head off the snake, the tail probably cowering in fear. No kung-fooy, that again, was the result of your fear!
lmfao! You live in a world of Hollywood fantasy Mr Wayne.
As a side bar: I see that your thought experiment was severely flawed! For cowards it's often easy to kill another, to save their worthless lives. The far far better thought experiment is one where, in order to save the world from certain annihilation from a doomsday device, one would have to do something to stop it, that would certainly end their life. That there was no way to stop the doomsday device from killing everyone, unless one committed certain suicide. Now that's sacrifice! And that is the only true measure of ones commitment to the human race.
Once again for the hard of memory, not mine.

Well duh! Of course you can change the parameters of the thought experiment but that's not the point is it you fruit-loop.

You set it up the way you did, because it's you that are the sociopathic psycho, willingly setting up an innocent infant as the mark to save those that created the dilemma in the first place. The way you treat users of this site, that you believe are unworthy, in the face of your thought experiment, the evidence! For you, the others that you say you would save, can only ever be used for the cannon fodder, that saves your worthless cowardly life.
Blah! Blah! Blah!
Last edited by Arising_uk on Thu May 04, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5470
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: Hydrogen

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Thu May 04, 2017 6:35 pm

.



Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas that, given long enough, begins to argue with itself.






.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest