Why is Scientism deemed the HOLY GRAIL of a reasoning mind?

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
John
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Why is Scientism deemed the HOLY GRAIL of a reasoning mind?

Post by John »

HexHammer wrote:
John wrote:It's quite simple. Izzy has previously stated that it's not acceptable to "bring other sites business here" and you've said that you believe she is doing exactly that because she has a problem with you that's related to an incident on another site. All I'm saying is that if this is the case she is being extremely hypocritical although I should stress that I don't know if she is doing this as you're the once making the accusation not me.

Clear?
What can I say but ..lo and behold! Attacking me so viciously without any reason.
I think you're misreading me. I'm not attacking you I'm saying that if, and I have no way of knowing, what you say is true then Izzy is being extremely hypocritical.

I don't know why you think I'm attacking you.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Why is Scientism deemed the HOLY GRAIL of a reasoning mind?

Post by chaz wyman »

HexHammer wrote:
John wrote:It's quite simple. Izzy has previously stated that it's not acceptable to "bring other sites business here" and you've said that you believe she is doing exactly that because she has a problem with you that's related to an incident on another site. All I'm saying is that if this is the case she is being extremely hypocritical although I should stress that I don't know if she is doing this as you're the once making the accusation not me.

Clear?
What can I say but ..lo and behold! Attacking me so viciously without any reason.
John has not attacked you.
When he used the word hypocrisy it was to imply that were Izzy to have been, as you say, she would have been hypocritical. But John was not directing that at you .So he was not attacking you.
User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3354
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Why is Scientism deemed the HOLY GRAIL of a reasoning mind?

Post by HexHammer »

John wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
John wrote:It's quite simple. Izzy has previously stated that it's not acceptable to "bring other sites business here" and you've said that you believe she is doing exactly that because she has a problem with you that's related to an incident on another site. All I'm saying is that if this is the case she is being extremely hypocritical although I should stress that I don't know if she is doing this as you're the once making the accusation not me.

Clear?
What can I say but ..lo and behold! Attacking me so viciously without any reason.
I think you're misreading me. I'm not attacking you I'm saying that if, and I have no way of knowing, what you say is true then Izzy is being extremely hypocritical.

I don't know why you think I'm attacking you.
I didn't mean to say that you attacked me but this Izzy did.
Izzywizzy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Why is Scientism deemed the HOLY GRAIL of a reasoning mind?

Post by Izzywizzy »

Hex wrote
Izzywizzy is an old enemy who started attacking me for some imagined controversy with a girl from another site. I know it's you xris.

Um considering I don`t know who you are except for this forum and you appear on my threads which you attack me on aND DON`T SEEM ABLE TO ANSWER coherantly, please do me and everyone here the curtesy of pointing out what the hell you are talking about???

For the record peeps until this forum, i have never heard of or been aquainted with Hex Hammer..talk about his/her delusional mind..don`t get me started :x
I didn't mean to say that you attacked me but this Izzy did.

lol when exactly? after or before you attacked me on this thread? I think people can manage to read entire threads and how they flow without your attemptxs to mislead them but good try at a red herring here..you failed again. Obviously you joined here to attack me..i came here before you,and for whatever grudge you hold against me..i have no need to lower my debate to your mindless drivel.

John wrote
what you say is true then Izzy is being extremely hypocritical
YOUR EVIDENCE please! there is no truth in what hex said about me or you say about me. John try debating what i wrote and not me you loser. Try following this thread even..wow that would be first for you.. do you even read the opening posts?? or just chip in your 10 cents worth to gripe about the poster and not the post? wow how revealing this is of you and Hex and not me..

Back on point why is scientism deemed the holy grial of a reasoning mind?

if you cant be bothered John to answer that question your personal attack is superfluous
User avatar
John
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Why is Scientism deemed the HOLY GRAIL of a reasoning mind?

Post by John »

Izzywizzy wrote: John wrote
what you say is true then Izzy is being extremely hypocritical
YOUR EVIDENCE please! there is no truth in what hex said about me or you say about me. John try debating what i wrote and not me you loser. Try following this thread even..wow that would be first for you.. do you even read the opening posts?? or just chip in your 10 cents worth to gripe about the poster and not the post? wow how revealing this is of you and Hex and not me..
Why didn't you you quote me properly? What I actually wrote, with added emphasis on the parts you deliberately omitted was "if, and I have no way of knowing, what you say is true then Izzy is being extremely hypocritical."

So I haven't accused you of anything have I?
Izzywizzy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Why is Scientism deemed the HOLY GRAIL of a reasoning mind?

Post by Izzywizzy »

regardless your intention here John what you are doing is superfluous like I said what part of superfluous don`t you understand? ..its unnecessary to talk about me to others even "IF" you don`t know what they say is true or even IF you wonder what they is true or false is no matter..yet another Sigh @ John you still didn`t get around to answering or addressing the question ! which is the point of this thread. The question is not about me..and not whether you want to conjecture i am a hypocrite with Hex Hammer..but on point you should be addressing the question I raised. It appears yet again you would rather join in this thread to listen to hex hammers false allegations and gossip about me and then give your brand of conjecture about me and not the question placed which is bad form on your part.
User avatar
John
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Why is Scientism deemed the HOLY GRAIL of a reasoning mind?

Post by John »

Izzywizzy wrote:regardless your intention here John what you are doing is superfluous like I said what part of superfluous don`t you understand? ..its unnecessary to talk about me to others even "IF" you don`t know what they say is true or even IF you wonder what they is true or false is no matter..yet another Sigh @ John you still didn`t get around to answering or addressing the question ! which is the point of this thread. The question is not about me..and not whether you want to conjecture i am a hypocrite with Hex Hammer..but on point you should be addressing the question I raised. It appears yet again you would rather join in this thread to listen to hex hammers false allegations and gossip about me and then give your brand of conjecture about me and not the question placed which is bad form on your part.
You're funny, I'll give you that.

However, the reason I haven't said much about the OP is because it doesn't particularly excite me I actually think you have some reasonable points. I think there's probably an intent in your tone that I don't agree with but that's about all.
Izzywizzy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Why is Scientism deemed the HOLY GRAIL of a reasoning mind?

Post by Izzywizzy »

John wrote
However, the reason I haven't said much about the OP is because it doesn't particularly excite me
Oh but for some reason Hex hammers lies about me as a person and your feeble conjecture about 'if! i am a hypocrite excited you and your small minded gossipy way of thinking..thanks for the honesty but pass.. :roll:
User avatar
John
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Why is Scientism deemed the HOLY GRAIL of a reasoning mind?

Post by John »

Izzywizzy wrote: Oh but for some reason Hex hammers lies about me as a person and your feeble conjecture about 'if! i am a hypocrite excited you and your small minded gossipy way of thinking..thanks for the honesty but pass.. :roll:
Well after the statements you'd previously made towards me (when it was so noble of you to take exception on behalf of others who didn't object) the possibility that you were doing what you'd criticised me for was just too amusing to pass.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Why is Scientism deemed the HOLY GRAIL of a reasoning mind?

Post by chaz wyman »

So what ever happened to the Scientism debate?

If you want to talk about SCIENTISM - I Started thread on it.

Why 90% of biological science is stuck in the dark age.


viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7046&start=0
Izzywizzy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Why is Scientism deemed the HOLY GRAIL of a reasoning mind?

Post by Izzywizzy »

So what ever happened to the Scientism debate?
ChaZ that is what I have been asking but some on here seem to want to discuss me not the question
Post Reply