A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
John
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland

Re: A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

Post by John » Wed May 25, 2011 4:06 pm

Arising_uk wrote: I think you may have misquoted me, could you please check as I do not remember where I said the words.
She was quoting me but attributed it to you.

Izzywizzy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

Post by Izzywizzy » Wed May 25, 2011 4:10 pm

yes apoligies arising I quoted John not you

John I suggest you at least try and google the scientific evidence on telepathy since the 18th century before making your bold claims that you can`t substantiate.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11858
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

Post by Arising_uk » Wed May 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Izzywizzy wrote:If this reply was in response to my post Arising I suggest you at least try and google the scientific evidence on telepathy since the 18th century before making your bold claims that you can`t substantiate.
If there has been 'scientific evidence' for telepathy since the 18thC then why do I not have a telepathic communicator? What do you mean by 'scientific evidence'? That some scientists have been experimenting to test if telepathy exists? If so then I suggest, as the onus is upon you, that you post these goggle links.

User avatar
John
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland

Re: A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

Post by John » Wed May 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Izzywizzy wrote:yes apoligies arising I quoted John not you

John I suggest you at least try and google the scientific evidence on telepathy since the 18th century before making your bold claims that you can`t substantiate.
You're the one making the claim so you need to provide the proof not me but I have done anyway and I remain unconvinced.

duszek
Posts: 2250
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:27 pm
Location: Thin Air

Re: A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

Post by duszek » Wed May 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Maybe you should check your receptors for telepathy ?
Some telepathy can work while we are asleep. Hypnos or Morpheus can help if you ask them.

Izzywizzy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

Post by Izzywizzy » Wed May 25, 2011 4:32 pm

Actually John you made the claim its never been scientifically tested, it has..therefore you and other nay sayers are under onus to prove it hasn`t

User avatar
John
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland

Re: A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

Post by John » Wed May 25, 2011 5:48 pm

Izzywizzy wrote:Actually John you made the claim its never been scientifically tested, it has..therefore you and other nay sayers are under onus to prove it hasn`t
I didn't say it hadn't been tested, I said it hadn't been proven which it certainly hasn't to the satisfaction of the vast majority of the scientific community.

If you want to believe in telepathy because of some personal experience then fine. If you want to take the attitude that "there might just be something in this" then fine. But it's not fine to say that it's been tested and proven.

Izzywizzy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

Post by Izzywizzy » Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm

John wrote
didn't say it hadn't been tested, I said it hadn't been proven which it certainly hasn't to the satisfaction of the vast majority of the scientific community.
please show your evidence otherwise this is just your lip service
without substantiation like i said

User avatar
John
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland

Re: A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

Post by John » Wed May 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Izzywizzy wrote:John wrote
didn't say it hadn't been tested, I said it hadn't been proven which it certainly hasn't to the satisfaction of the vast majority of the scientific community.
please show your evidence otherwise this is just your lip service
without substantiation like i said
When did the debate shift from prove telepathy exists to prove it doesn't? How do you know the experiments that you believe offer proof actually do anyway? Unless you've actually conducted the experiments yourself I don't see how you can claim any special privilege.

I would suggest that we're all basing our opinions on personal experience and the work of others as I suspect none of us are professionals in the field of investigating telepathy. So maybe you're right but I don't believe the balance of probability is on your side.

chaz wyman
Posts: 5329
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

Post by chaz wyman » Wed May 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Izzywizzy wrote:John wrote
didn't say it hadn't been tested, I said it hadn't been proven which it certainly hasn't to the satisfaction of the vast majority of the scientific community.
please show your evidence otherwise this is just your lip service
without substantiation like i said

Have you heard of the fallacy of asking someone to disprove a thing for which there is not evidence?

User avatar
Cerveny
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:35 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

Post by Cerveny » Wed May 25, 2011 8:52 pm

John wrote:
Cerveny wrote: There are phenomena that can not be "proven". They can be experienced, felt only. But there exist much very independent witnesses (spread in the place, spread in the ages) that describe connection of the conscious to the certain common nature system. It raises very interested questions: Has this system a boss (God)? Has this system some aim? What level of life has been such system created in? What such system need from us?…
If you claim to be capable of reading or transmitting thoughts that's testable.
As you can read I did not claim it. I claim there is some superior system covering and connecting all live creatures. Perhaps you have a dog, for example... Experienced, trained people can feel it better. When my father in law died I had a live dream where I could see him how he rose and felt free. There are interesting questions related an addressing and coding of such information and of course about purpose of such information, about the reason of his freedom and happiness...
Last edited by Cerveny on Wed May 25, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
John
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland

Re: A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

Post by John » Wed May 25, 2011 9:01 pm

Cerveny wrote:
John wrote:
Cerveny wrote: There are phenomena that can not be "proven". They can be experienced, felt only. But there exist much very independent witnesses (spread in the place, spread in the ages) that describe connection of the conscious to the certain common nature system. It raises very interested questions: Has this system a boss (God)? Has this system some aim? What level of life has been such system created in? What such system need from us?…
If you claim to be capable of reading or transmitting thoughts that's testable.
As you can read I did not claim it. I claim there is some superior system covering and connecting all live creatures. Perhaps you have a dog, for example... Experienced people can feel it better. When my father in law died I had a live dream where I could see him how he rose and felt free. There are interesting questions related an addressing and coding of such information and of course about purpose of such information, about the reason of his freedom and happiness...
You're right, you didn't. Apologies.

The main target of my distrust is aimed at those who claim telepathy is something they or others can actively do (as per a previous post I made). I don't believe those who claim to have the other types of experiences either but I don't think they're deliberately trying to deceive.

Of course, I may be wrong about all of this but I'd need good evidence and as my own mother claims to have had such experiences and I've told her that I think she's mistaken I'm not about to take the word of anyone here.

chaz wyman
Posts: 5329
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

Post by chaz wyman » Thu May 26, 2011 12:02 am

Cerveny wrote:
John wrote:
Cerveny wrote: There are phenomena that can not be "proven". They can be experienced, felt only. But there exist much very independent witnesses (spread in the place, spread in the ages) that describe connection of the conscious to the certain common nature system. It raises very interested questions: Has this system a boss (God)? Has this system some aim? What level of life has been such system created in? What such system need from us?…
If you claim to be capable of reading or transmitting thoughts that's testable.
As you can read I did not claim it. I claim there is some superior system covering and connecting all live creatures.

Which should be testable!

Perhaps you have a dog, for example... Experienced, trained people can feel it better.

Meaning? :? :? :?

When my father in law died I had a live dream where I could see him how he rose and felt free.

Have you heard of imagination? :roll:

There are interesting questions related an addressing and coding of such information and of course about purpose of such information, about the reason of his freedom and happiness..

Do you think this means anything?

.

User avatar
Cerveny
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:35 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

Post by Cerveny » Thu May 26, 2011 6:53 am

John wrote:
You're right, you didn't. Apologies.

The main target of my distrust is aimed at those who claim telepathy is something they or others can actively do (as per a previous post I made). I don't believe those who claim to have the other types of experiences either but I don't think they're deliberately trying to deceive.

Of course, I may be wrong about all of this but I'd need good evidence and as my own mother claims to have had such experiences and I've told her that I think she's mistaken I'm not about to take the word of anyone here.
I understand your doubts quite well ...

User avatar
socratus
Posts: 628
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:00 am
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

Post by socratus » Thu May 26, 2011 7:56 am

1
Google . . . . .Yahoo . . . . . etc . .
2
Post: Psi Parapsychological Reaches .
3
Press: Search . (About 91,500 results (0.23 seconds)
=================.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests