computer doo-dads

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RachelAnn

computer doo-dads

Post by RachelAnn »

FIRST OF ALL:
I've been diagnosed with a right-side Traumatic Brain Injury(TBI), and it affects vision-related cognitive processing, among other things. I know nothing about philosophy and the neurosciences, and would like to learn more. Any suggestions re: books, websites, etc.?
UNRELATED #1:
Doc's tests revealed that my regular laptop screen caused my unbearable headaches. I type for hours each day. My new laptop will have a very high resolution screen - a "gamer's system;" it is medically necessary.
Q. What the Heck is a "gamer?" An unhygienic computer user?
UNRELATED #2:
What is up with pink techno-toys for The Little Lady? WHY do manufacturers slap Barbie-Pink paint jobs on laptops and expect women to buy? If my husband ever gave me a pink laptop, I'd beat him with it.
UNRELATED #3:
I take that ever-lovin' Leap of Faith into the arms of the Gutsy Gibbon/Ubuntu: I despise the Evils of Microsoft and its Unholy Spawn and decided to boycott.
GabrielDain

Post by GabrielDain »

Sorry, I don't know anything about the philosophy of neuroscience. But;
RachelAnn wrote:UNRELATED #1:
Q. What the Heck is a "gamer?" An unhygienic computer user?
A "gamer" is a person who plays computer games. A "gamer system" is generally a very powerful computer, because computer games require a lot of processing power and a big screen.
RachelAnn wrote:UNRELATED #3:
I take that ever-lovin' Leap of Faith into the arms of the Gutsy Gibbon/Ubuntu: I despise the Evils of Microsoft and its Unholy Spawn and decided to boycott.
I've used Linux for years (Gentoo, Ubuntu, Debian, etc.). If you need any help, just ask.
Psychonaut

Post by Psychonaut »

I recommend Dr.Oliver Sacks, especially 'The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat'
It's a collection of neurological case studies cherry-picked from his career, with thoughts about each, and a very easy read.