6 Times Quantum Physics Blew Our Minds in 2022

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: 6 Times Quantum Physics Blew Our Minds in 2022

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:58 pm No one seems to be very interested in this topic. I find that strange, or perhaps I don't find it strange. I suppose people are more interested in serial killer Prince Harry falling onto a dog bowl.
That more adults find things happening in the 'entertainment industry' more interesting than what so-called "scientists" purport is true should be of no surprise. The word 'entertainment' in the 'entertainment industry' should provide a VERY BIG CLUE as to WHY that industry is more interesting, and thus 'entertaining'.

Now, as to why NO one here seems to be very interested in this topic is because when things like, "researchers have spent decades proving the universe
is not locally real" and that "physicists are befuddled, too", are said and claimed, then, REALLY, what is there to be 'interested' about?

These so-called "scientists", REALLY, do NOT even KNOW what they 'babble on' about.

For example, HOW and/or WHO was expecting 'an apple' to be influenced by some 'thing' happening on the so-called 'other side' of the Universe anyway?

And, WHAT does 'other side of the Universe' even mean, or, WHAT could that be referring to, EXACTLY, anyway?

These people can NOT even define a word Correctly. For example, the word 'real' here means 'one thing', but then instantly does NOT mean 'that thing'.

There is NO wonder WHY so-called "physicists" are BEFUDDLED.

I mean just LOOK AT the quote below
'local' here means any object—an apple,
for instance—can be influenced only by its immediate surroundings, not by happenings
on the other side of the universe. “Real” means every object has definite properties regardless
of how it is observed—no amount of squinting will change an apple from red to green.
Except careful, repeated experimentation with entangled particles has conclusively shown
such seemingly sensible restrictions do not always apply to the quantum realm,
the most fundamental level of reality we can measure. If you’re uncertain as to what exactly
the demise of local realism means for life, the universe and, well, everything, don’t worry:
you’re not alone—physicists are befuddled, too
There is, literally, NOTHING in there that is even slightly interesting.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:05 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:58 pm No one seems to be very interested in this topic. I find that strange, or perhaps I don't find it strange. I suppose people are more interested in serial killer Prince Harry falling onto a dog bowl.
Or they're too intoxicated with their stories to look beyond them when more is discovered. It seems more important to fight over 'being right'. Religious rather than philosophical.
And, as I have POINTED OUT, SHOWN, and thus PROVED True "lacewing" is one of the GREATEST examples here of 'trying to' FIGHT over 'being right', and this is BECAUSE "lacewing" is one of the MOST 'religious' here and NOT 'philosophical' AT ALL.

And if absolutely ANY one would like to DISPUTE this, then LET US DISCUSS.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:15 pm
That more adults find things happening in the 'entertainment industry' more interesting than what so-called "scientists" purport is true should be of no surprise. The word 'entertainment' in the 'entertainment industry' should provide a VERY BIG CLUE as to WHY that industry is more interesting, and thus 'entertaining'.

Now, as to why NO one here seems to be very interested in this topic is because when things like, "researchers have spent decades proving the universe
is not locally real" and that "physicists are befuddled, too", are said and claimed, then, REALLY, what is there to be 'interested' about?

These so-called "scientists", REALLY, do NOT even KNOW what they 'babble on' about.

For example, HOW and/or WHO was expecting 'an apple' to be influenced by some 'thing' happening on the so-called 'other side' of the Universe anyway?

And, WHAT does 'other side of the Universe' even mean, or, WHAT could that be referring to, EXACTLY, anyway?

These people can NOT even define a word Correctly. For example, the word 'real' here means 'one thing', but then instantly does NOT mean 'that thing'.

for instance—can be influenced only by its immediate surroundings, not by happenings
on the other side of the universe. “Real” means every object has definite properties regardless
of how it is observed—no amount of squinting will change an apple from red to green.
Except careful, repeated experimentation with entangled particles has conclusively shown
the most fundamental level of reality we can measure. If you’re uncertain as to what exactly
the demise of local realism means for life, the universe and, well, everything, don’t worry:
That's just idiotic and you know it.

Post by Age »

Cerveny wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:41 am
socrat44 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:01 pm "THE UNIVERSE IS KINDA, SORTA UNREAL"
-----
Cosmology.
1- WMAP has confirmed with very high accuracy that the universe is flat,
with an error of only 0.4%. This suggests - the universe is infinite in size.
2- Observations (CMBR) show that temperature of the universe
is isotropic and uniform on large scales
3- The Universe consists of ~ 95% of dark energy + dark matter and ~ 5% of ordinary matter.
4- Black holes in Universe have mass of ~ 10 billion M☉, ~50 billion M☉ . . . etc.
and a temperature ~ millionths of a degree above T=0K.
Conclusion:
With this information, the universe looks "weird" and
has no place for "big bang" on large scale.
-------
dark matter=gravitationally polarized (gravitating) aether…
The Universe being infinite in size is just an IRREFUTABLE Fact, and thus has NEVER had a 'place' for 'big bang' NOR 'beginning'.

But all it took to CONVINCE 'you', human beings, otherwise were just the three very simple words, 'In the beginning ...'.

Since those words were written, and MISINTERPRETED, 'you', human beings, have been BELIEVING, and thus LOOKING, Wrongly.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:20 pm

But what you just said is IDIOTIC, and you KNOW it.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:20 pm

If you would like to just have a peaceful, Truly intelligent, OPEN and Honest discussion, then I suggest just POINTING OUT what parts you think or believe are 'idiotic', and then we DISCUSS. But, if you still will NOT do this, then I have absolutely NO idea what you think or believe is 'idiotic' here.
vegetariantaxidermy

I know that it isn't because your post is there as evidence. The virtuosity of your arrogance is stratospheric.

Post by Age »

socrat44 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:48 am
Lacewing wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:00 am As the article says: 'every year physicists deliver mind-boggling new ideas and discoveries harvested from reality’s deep underpinnings, well beyond the frontiers of our perception.'

This excites in me the sense that (as has been said): Reality is not only stranger than we think, it's stranger than we CAN think.
That the Universe is so-called 'stranger' than what people BELIEVE is true, is NOT strange, AT ALL.

And what I find also VERY strange is that some people actually think or BELIEVE that WHAT the Universe fundamentally, EXACTLY, IS, HOW the Universe fundamentally, ACTUALLY, WORKS, and even WHY the Universe IS the way 'It' IS and works the way that 'It' DOES can NOT be DISCOVERED or UNCOVERED.

These 'things' are ALREADY KNOWN, and this Knowledge IS IRREFUTABLE True, Right, Accurate, and Correct.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:03 pm Here we go... :lol: And what do YOU believe, AGE?
HOW MANY TIMES does a human being HAVE TO BE INFORMED that I do NOT BELIEVE ANY thing BEFORE this Fact is COMPREHENDED and UNDERSTOOD?
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:03 pm I don't recall you ever saying. You spend probably 90 percent of the time disgreeing with everything anyone else says, from every part of the spectrum, but you rarely, if ever, offer an alternative viewpoint or opinion of your own.
And I RARELY offer ANY 'alternative viewpoint' BECAUSE I am PROVING just how LITTLE 'interest' 'you', adult human beings, back in the days when this was being written, had for ANY thing other than what 'you' were 'currently' thinking or BELIEVING was true.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:03 pm 'Mary Mary quite contrary...'
And 'you', "vegetariantaxidermy", ARE DOING, EXACTLY, what I am PROVING 'you', adult posters, DID, back in the days when this was being written. That is; 'you' BELIEVE, WHOLEHEARTEDLY, that the one known as "age' here could NOT POSSIBLY KNOW 'things'. And, it is BECAUSE of this BELIEF, itself, which 'you' are HOLDING ONTO SO TIGHTLY and SO DEARLY, WHY 'you' are PREVENTED from ACTUALLY asking CLARIFYING questions other than ones that 'you' ALREADY BELIEVE 'you' KNOW the answers to.

Also, IF 90 percent of what is being said and claimed here is False, Wrong, and/or Incorrect, then I WILL DISAGREE with 'it'. Do you understood this?
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:31 pm

These 'things' are ALREADY KNOWN, and this Knowledge IS IRREFUTABLE True, Right, Accurate, and Correct.
Please enlighten us. So you were a religious fuckturd all along. Congratulations on hiding it for all this time :lol:

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:25 pm I know that it isn't because your post is there as evidence.
I do NOT understand what you are saying here, and if you would like to CLARIFY, then I would REALLY appreciate that.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:25 pm The virtuosity of your arrogance is stratospheric.
I write in THE WAY I do here for a VERY SPECIFIC reason, and that reason is to PROVE that the adult human beings, in the days when this was being written, REALLY did NOT have ANY 'interest' AT ALL in what "others" would say and write.

The adult human beings, in the days when this was being written, REALLY were only focused on what they individually, or collectively in agreement, already thought and/or believed was true.

Look "vegatariantaxidermy" if one KNOWS what the ACTUAL Truth IS, EXACTLY, for example, that the sun and thus the Universe does NOT revolve around the earth, then that one CAN disagree with ALL of the "others" who BELIEVE otherwise, and thus also APPEAR to be VERY arrogant. BUT, if that one KNOWS what thee ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth IS, EXACTLY, then so be it. That is just the Fact of the situation. If some, or even all of the "others" want to think or BELIEVE that that one's so-called 'arrogance' is so-called 'stratospheric', then, AGAIN, so be it.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:40 pm

Please enlighten us. So you were a religious fuckturd all along. Congratulations on hiding it for all this time :lol:
Here we are AGAIN with ABSOLUTE and IRREFUTABLE PROOF that these adult human beings REALLY would make ASSUMPTIONS, and then JUMP to CONCLUSIONS, based on those ASSUMPTIONS, ALONE. Which they would BELIEVE were ABSOLUTELY TRUE, no matter how, OBVIOUSLY, False, Wrong, AND Incorrect those ASSUMPTIONS REALLY WERE.

This one here, ONCE AGAIN, has NOT POINTED OUT nor SHOWN ABSOLUTELY ANY 'thing', EXCEPT that 'it' ACTUALLY DOES arrive at CONCLUSIONS, based on absolutely NOTHING AT ALL other than 'its' OWN ASSUMPTIONS.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:40 pm

Please enlighten us.
To WHAT, EXACTLY?
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:40 pm So you were a religious fuckturd all along.
AND, WHAT, EXACTLY, do you ASSUME and/or BELIEVE that I was, ALL ALONG, a so-called "religious fuckturd" about, EXACTLY?
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:40 pm Congratulations on hiding it for all this time :lol:
These people, ACTUALLY, BELIEVE their OWN ASSUMPTIONS are SO TRUE, that they even start to BELIEVE that they are SO CLEVER, and even LAUGH OUT LOUD about just how SMART and INTELLIGENT they are.

If only they KNEW.
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:49 pm blah blah blah...
:lol:
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:53 pm blah blah blah...
:lol: