Solution to climate change

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

dattaswami

Solution to climate change

Post by dattaswami »

Agent Smith

Re: Solution to climate change

Post by Agent Smith »

"There's strong evidence for climate change," said Tom, he looked worried. "Yes and there's strong evidence that you're a nutcase," Dick retorted, irritated. "Tom's right, climate change is a fact. All you need to do is ...," Harry went when he was interrupted by Tom who inquired, "all you need to do is ...?" Dick was quick-witted and was a climatologist who'd made his mark in the field and he addressed both his pals, "all we need to do is ... Tom, Harry ... come on guys ... you got this!" Tom was first, "1357?" Harry followed that up with a "Hey!". Dick winked and said, "Bingo!"
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

it's simple- any person who believes that man made carbon dioxide is destroying the planet needs to stop breathing.

-Imp
alan1000

Post by alan1000 »

So far this thread is consistent with my hypothesis: forum moderators are a waste of protein.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

alan1000 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:08 pm So far this thread is consistent with my hypothesis: forum moderators are a waste of protein.
Maybe that's a good thing? Otherwise, is there a tried and true method of spreading knowledge and understanding, other than allowing those who lack some to meet others who lack some?
alan1000

Post by alan1000 »

Your rebuke is well taken, Gary. In the warmth of the moment I often tend to be too facetious,which is not a virtue in philosophy. And I think you allude to an important philosophical point: progress, in any branch of knowledge, does not necessarily depend upon an interplay between brilliant minds. More important, is the spirit in which those minds approach the question. Progress arises out of detached objectivity, whether the minds at play are brilliant or not!