Currant Buns and Pop Guns - The Big Bang

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Currant Buns and Pop Guns - The Big Bang

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:31 pm Dare i say it, that i believe there becomes a measurement of time that only Santa Claus can make, but AGE please explain what time actually is..?
'Time' is just a word used to describe the measuring of the distance between perceived 'events'.

These measurements are just made in relation to 'light', itself, or more correctly, the so-called 'speed of light'. And,

When traveling faster than the speed of light is ACCOMPLISHED, then what takes place is what is generally referred to as 'time travel'.

Furthermore, 'time' does NOT, and could NEVER, 'slow down' and 'stops' as some like to BELIEVE 'it' does when travelling closer to the 'speed of light'.

These are all PROVED Falsehoods, just like the Universe BEGINNING, EXPANDING, and REVOLVING around a FLAT EARTH were ALL, ALSO, PROVED Falsehoods.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:39 pmYou DID WRITE: "... if nothing were to change, there would be no way to measure time. Time would not exist"
That's right, time is a cultural artefact. We just have the concept of time to map events. Time as a cultural artefact would not exist if there were no events - we would not be here. If there were no universe in which events are happening, it would make no sense to say how long did nothing happen for. How could you measure nothing happening?
uwot

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:50 pmWhen traveling faster than the speed of light is ACCOMPLISHED, then what takes place is what is generally referred to as 'time travel'.
Age, you could only travel in time if it were precisely the discrete dimension you insist doesn't exist.
Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:50 pmFurthermore, 'time' does NOT, and could NEVER, 'slow down' and 'stops' as some like to BELIEVE 'it' does when travelling closer to the 'speed of light'.
What happens Age, is that when two objects are moving relative to each other, for one of the objects more of the same type of event will occur.
Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:50 pmThese are all PROVED Falsehoods...
No, 'time dilation' is a fact famously demonstrated by Joseph Hafele and Richard Keating in 1971: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafele–Keating_experiment
Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:50 pm...just like the Universe BEGINNING, EXPANDING, and REVOLVING around a FLAT EARTH were ALL, ALSO, PROVED Falsehoods.
I'll grant you the flat Earth, but the other two are yet to be disproved; except apparently by you, but you won't tell us how.
uwot

Post by uwot »

attofishpi wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:31 pmDare i say it, that i believe there becomes a measurement of time that only Santa Claus can make, but AGE please explain what time actually is..?
Well, I think we can make those measurements; it's just that Santa can do things in that timescale.

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:51 pm
Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:39 pmYou DID WRITE: "... if nothing were to change, there would be no way to measure time. Time would not exist"
That's right, time is a cultural artefact. We just have the concept of time to map events. Time as a cultural artefact would not exist if there were no events - we would not be here.
Once you get PAST where you are now, there are ACTUALLY NO 'events'.

But you are still a VERY LONG WAY of LEARNING and UNDERSTANDING this IRREFUTABLE Fact. But anyway 'time' does NOT exist as though it is itself some 'thing'.

'you', human beings, measure change, and, it is this 'change', which is what the word 'time' MEANS or is REFERRING TO, EXACTLY.
uwot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:20 pm If there were no universe in which events are happening, it would make no sense to say how long did nothing happen for. How could you measure nothing happening?
What are you going on about now? NONE of this has absolutely ANY 'thing' AT ALL to do with what I have been TALKING ABOUT, POINTING OUT, SHOWING, and REVEALING here.

1. There are NO ACTUAL 'events'. There is just One event, in continual 'change'.

2. It makes NO sense to say, "How long did nothing happen for?", for absolutely ANY reason. Mostly because the Universe is ALWAYS in a continual process of 'change', and the Universe is made of 'some thing' and NOT 'no thing'. ALWAYS HAS and ALWAYS WILL BE.

3. WHY would you even ask; "How could you measure nothing happening?"
uwot

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:12 pm1. There are NO ACTUAL 'events'. There is just One event, in continual 'change'.
Well yeah, you can interpret the universe like that. It's a mash up of Heraclitus and Parmenides, ideas from Ancient Greece. If you are waiting for people who are TrUly open to your beliefs, they have been around for at least two and a half millennia. Get on with it.

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:06 pm
Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:50 pmWhen traveling faster than the speed of light is ACCOMPLISHED, then what takes place is what is generally referred to as 'time travel'.
Age, you could only travel in time if it were precisely the discrete dimension you insist doesn't exist.
AND, just like EVERY other human being, 'you' BELIEVE WHOLEHEARTEDLY that some 'things' ARE completely and utterly IMOSSIBLE. That is; UNTIL they actually become REALITY.
Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:50 pmFurthermore, 'time' does NOT, and could NEVER, 'slow down' and 'stops' as some like to BELIEVE 'it' does when travelling closer to the 'speed of light'.
What happens Age, is that when two objects are moving relative to each other, for one of the objects more of the same type of event will occur.
LOL
LOL
LOL

If this is what you want to BELIEVE is true, then BELIEVE 'it'.
Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:50 pmThese are all PROVED Falsehoods...
No, 'time dilation' is a fact famously demonstrated by Joseph Hafele and Richard Keating in 1971: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafele–Keating_experiment
How MANY TIMES do you have to be TOLD that that 'experiment' PROVES what I am SAYING and CLAIMING here. WHICH DISPROVES what you BELIEVE is true here, BEFORE you START to consider that what you BELIEVE might just be Wrong?
Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:50 pm...just like the Universe BEGINNING, EXPANDING, and REVOLVING around a FLAT EARTH were ALL, ALSO, PROVED Falsehoods.
I'll grant you the flat Earth, but the other two are yet to be disproved; except apparently by you, but you won't tell us how.
I, SUPPOSEDLY, will NOT tell you how 'WHAT', EXACTLY?

AND, the BEGINNING and EXPANDING Universe HAS ALREADY been DISPROVED. Just some of 'you' have NOT YET ACCEPTED this.Just like some of 'you' could NOT ACCEPT that the earth revolves around the sun instead of the other way around.

After all, some of 'you' REALLY are VERY SLOW, and this is just because of the BELIEFS 'you' HOLD ONTO and MAINTAIN. As 'you', "uwot", are PROVING IRREFUTABLY True here, for me.

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:23 pm
Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:12 pm1. There are NO ACTUAL 'events'. There is just One event, in continual 'change'.
Well yeah, you can interpret the universe like that. It's a mash up of Heraclitus and Parmenides, ideas from Ancient Greece. If you are waiting for people who are TrUly open to your beliefs, they have been around for at least two and a half millennia. Get on with it.
LOL 'you' STILL are UNABLE to LISTEN, and UNDERSTAND.

Come on "uwot" you can NOT be as STUPID as you are SHOWING and REVEALING here, correct? I do NOT have ANY BELIEFS. I have INFORMED 'you' of this Fact MANY TIMES ALREADY.

So, I am NOT waiting for ANY one to be Truly OPEN to MY BELIEFS.

I ALSO do NOT care if some 'thing' has been "around" for a minute or a millennium. What is True, Right, AND Correct is IRREFUTABLE. And, what is False, Wrong, OR Incorrect is REFUTABLE.

What you have said IS False, Wrong, AND Incorrect, and thus REFUTABLE. Which is EXACTLY what I am doing HERE-NOW, and PROVING in the process.

'you' are just UNABLE to SEE, NOR UNDERSTAND, this FULLY, YET.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:30 pmSo, I am NOT waiting for ANY one to be Truly OPEN to MY BELIEFS.
Age wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:28 pmAlso, and by the way, I just say 'things' while WAITING, PATIENTLY, for those who are Truly READY, and who Truly WANT, to learn, and uncover, MORE.
Age, go and play with some soft toys.

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:40 pm
Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:30 pmSo, I am NOT waiting for ANY one to be Truly OPEN to MY BELIEFS.
Age wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:28 pmAlso, and by the way, I just say 'things' while WAITING, PATIENTLY, for those who are Truly READY, and who Truly WANT, to learn, and uncover, MORE.
ONCE AGAIN, here is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of HOW and WHERE you have been BLINDED by your OWN ASSUMPTIONS or BELIEFS.

You REALLY can NOT SEE, thus NOR UNDERSTAND, what is ACTUALLY being MEANT.

And, because you LACK ANY CURIOSITY AT ALL here, again because of your other BELIEFS or ASSUMPTIONS, you NEVER will LEARN and UNDERSTAND MORE here.

And this is WHY you REMAIN STUCK BELIEVING in things that are OBVIOUSLY False, Wrong, and/or Incorrect. Just like the BELIEVERS were STUCK BELIEVING that the sun REALLY did revolve around the earth.

'you', BELIEVERS, are ALL THE SAME.

Post by Age »

WHY do you NOT continue on with YOUR BELIEF about so-called "time dilation" and the supposed "BEGINNING and EXPANDING Universe". Let us have a DISCUSSION about those things, and let us SEE what transpires. So far you have FAILED MISERABLY in 'trying to' PROVE them to be true.

SEE, once WHAT the Universe is ACTUALLY made up of, and HOW the Universe ACTUALLY works, is UNDERSTOOD, then what IS ACTUALLY IRREFUTABLE start to come-to-light. Just like the knowledge, and thus KNOWING, that, ACTUALLY, the earth revolves around the sun INSTEAD came-to-light.

Post by Age »

If you REALLY want to BELIEVE there was a BEGINNING to the Universe, then WHY do you NOT 'try' and STAND BEHIND this BELIEF of YOURS, and keep 'trying to' FIGHT or ARGUE for THIS BELIEF? ONCE AGAIN, so far you are LOSING the FIGHT, by FAILING to ARGUE for YOUR BELIEF here. AND, if you do NOT continue to FIGHT and ARGUE, then you have LOST and FAILED. As ANY one CAN SEE here.

'you', "BELIEVERS", REALLY are the WEAKEST in BATTLE.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:59 pmIf you REALLY want to BELIEVE there was a BEGINNING to the Universe, then WHY do you NOT 'try' and STAND BEHIND this BELIEF of YOURS, and keep 'trying to' FIGHT or ARGUE for THIS BELIEF?
It's not a case of wanting to believe; it is interpreting the evidence which I presented here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXW6TD2TpLU
Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:59 pmONCE AGAIN, so far you are LOSING the FIGHT, by FAILING to ARGUE for YOUR BELIEF here. AND, if you do NOT continue to FIGHT and ARGUE, then you have LOST and FAILED. As ANY one CAN SEE here.

"It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person" - Bill Murray

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:36 am
Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:59 pmIf you REALLY want to BELIEVE there was a BEGINNING to the Universe, then WHY do you NOT 'try' and STAND BEHIND this BELIEF of YOURS, and keep 'trying to' FIGHT or ARGUE for THIS BELIEF?
It's not a case of wanting to believe; it is interpreting the evidence which I presented here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXW6TD2TpLU
LOOK, ONCE AGAIN, 'evidence' is NOT PROOF.

And,

There is NO ACTUAL 'evidence' that the Universe BEGAN, nor is EXPANDING.

There is, however, 'data', WHICH SOME people INTERPRET is 'evidence' that the Universe BEGAN, and/or is EXPANDING.

It is the 'data' that is INTERPRETED, by only SOME people as 'evidence', but which is ACTUALLY NOT 'evidence' AT ALL, for the INTERPRETATION that the Universe BEGAN or IS EXPANDING. and ALL of this has been ALREADY PROVED True. SOME of you, in the days when this was being written, were just NOT YET READY for this.
uwot wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:36 am
Age wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:59 pmONCE AGAIN, so far you are LOSING the FIGHT, by FAILING to ARGUE for YOUR BELIEF here. AND, if you do NOT continue to FIGHT and ARGUE, then you have LOST and FAILED. As ANY one CAN SEE here.

"It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person" - Bill Murray
So, are you suggesting here that what some person, known as "bill murray", SAYS or STATES is IRREFUTABLY True?

Anyway, 'you' are just LOSING because YOUR BELIEF, and what you call "evidence", is just plain old False, Wrong, AND Incorrect.

You could NEVER formulate a sound and valid argument for what IS, and will ALWAYS BE, False, Wrong, AND Incorrect, so 'you' WILL ALWAYS LOSE here.

It is REALLY just this SIMPLE, because of WHAT the Universe consists of, or is made up of, EXACTLY, the Universe could NEVER 'begin', NOR 'end', and It could ALSO NEVER 'expand', NOR 'shrink'.

When you come to DISCOVER and LEARN WHAT the Universe IS, and HOW It WORKS, EXACTLY, then you will ALSO, QUICKLY, UNCOVER WHY what you BELIEVE here is just PLAINLY False, Wrong, Inaccurate, AND Incorrect.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:57 amLOOK, ONCE AGAIN, 'evidence' is NOT PROOF.
That is not in dispute, but if proof matters, can you give an example of one thing you can prove?