Currant Buns and Pop Guns - The Big Bang

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Currant Buns and Pop Guns - The Big Bang

Post by Age »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:33 am Gentlemen please. Shitehousery on the PN forums is really an overworked meme. You should totally take this to the youtube comments section because that is where great conversation happens.
If this is what you REALLY BELIEVE is true, is that WHY 'you' REMAIN HERE "flashdangerpants"?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Age wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:40 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:33 am Gentlemen please. Shitehousery on the PN forums is really an overworked meme. You should totally take this to the youtube comments section because that is where great conversation happens.
If this is what you REALLY BELIEVE is true, is that WHY 'you' REMAIN HERE "flashdangerpants"?
To hear the ineffable, indescribable and {{ 3rd thing that's the same }}whoosh of things flying over your very, very small head.

Post by Age »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:43 am
To hear the ineffable, indescribable and {{ 3rd thing that's the same }}whoosh of things flying over your very, very small head.
If that is ALL you have got, then so be it.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:39 am
uwot wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:11 am Now, you may interpret the evidence differently, but if you insist the evidence does not exist, you are simply wrong.
LOL I have NEVER even IMPLIED, let alone INSISTED, that that "evidence" does NOT exist. This is just ANOTHER of your DEFLECTIVE, and/or DECEPTIVE, tactics.

And, as I have SAID PREVIOUSLY, it is YOUR INTERPRETATIONS that are COMPLETELY and UTTERLY Wrong.
Yes Age, we disagree. Get over it.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Age wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:45 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:43 am

If that is ALL you have got, then so be it.
ok, buh bye

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:54 am
Age wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:39 am
uwot wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:11 am Now, you may interpret the evidence differently, but if you insist the evidence does not exist, you are simply wrong.
LOL I have NEVER even IMPLIED, let alone INSISTED, that that "evidence" does NOT exist. This is just ANOTHER of your DEFLECTIVE, and/or DECEPTIVE, tactics.

And, as I have SAID PREVIOUSLY, it is YOUR INTERPRETATIONS that are COMPLETELY and UTTERLY Wrong.
Yes Age, we disagree. Get over it.
The difference is, what you agree with IS False, Wrong, Inaccurate, AND Incorrect, while what I agree with IS a PROVED Fact.

Or, in other words, what you agree with IS reputable while what I agree with is IRREFUTABLE. Understood?
uwot

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:49 pm
uwot wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:54 amYes Age, we disagree. Get over it.
The difference is, what you agree with IS False, Wrong, Inaccurate, AND Incorrect, while what I agree with IS a PROVED Fact.

Or, in other words, what you agree with IS reputable while what I agree with is IRREFUTABLE. Understood?
Of course Age.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

uwot wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:51 am
VVilliam wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:39 am
uwot wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:17 pm Here I am giving my take on why scientists first posited a big bang: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXW6TD2TpLU
A well done presentation of a popular theory.
Thank you. Yes, it's a popular theory because it has very strong supporting evidence.
VVilliam wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:39 amSpacetime is not fundamental

Spacetime is doomed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pup3s86oJXU
'Spacetime' is different things in different circumstances. In practical terms it's basically a map with three dimensions to show you where something is, relative to a point of your choosing, with the added constraint of time. So not only can you identify a location, you can describe what happens there.
In the video Nima Arkani-Hamed is talking about spacetime the substance, as conceived in general relativity. Einstein's conception was of an inherently smooth 'æther' (Oh yes it was: https://mathshistory.st-andrews.ac.uk/E ... ein_ether/ ) This is often illustrated with a flat rubber sheet that is distorted when objects are placed on it. Insofar as a rubber sheet can be a useful analogy, in reality the surface is seething, and the whole sheet is growing. So yes, Einstein's original static ethereal idea is dead, but the map is still useful.
Logically something cannot come from nothing,.. Have you read this story?

https://www.physics.princeton.edu/ph115/LQ.pdf
The consciousness of AC encompassed all of what had once been a Universe and brooded over what was now Chaos. Step by step, it must be done. And AC said, "LET THERE BE LIGHT!" And there was light ~ Isaac Asimov ~ [The Last Question]
Super power
The next step
Pearl of wisdom
"Let There Be Light"
Isaac Asimov ~ [The Last Question]
Windows of opportunity
The World has a Spiritual Design

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:19 am
Age wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:49 pm
uwot wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:54 amYes Age, we disagree. Get over it.

Of course Age.
That was meant to be refutable. Do you STILL understand?

But it was good to SEE that you AGREE that what I agree with is IRREFUTABLE.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

uwot wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:51 am So not only can you identify a location, you can describe what happens there.
Nothing happens at locations if your coordinate system encodes time coordinates because nothing happens at a point in time.

Things only happen between points in time.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:10 amThat was meant to be refutable. Do you STILL understand?
Yes Age, we all make typos.
Age wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:10 amBut it was good to SEE that you AGREE that what I agree with is IRREFUTABLE.
Well, since you can't articulate your argument, of course it is.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Skepdick wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:24 amNothing happens at locations if your coordinate system encodes time coordinates because nothing happens at a point in time.

Thank you for that clarification Skepdick. Hopefully now anyone persuaded that events can occur without time passing will renounce that notion.
uwot

Post by uwot »

VVilliam wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:45 amLogically something cannot come from nothing,..
Granted, but we cannot know that the origin of the universe was logical.
VVilliam wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:45 amHave you read this story?
I hadn't. It's a good little story. Metaphysics is fun, but what I'm am trying to explain is what we can actually see. I have no idea what happened before the big bang, or what goes on beyond the visible universe. It could be anything; maybe Asimov was right.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

uwot wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:41 am
Skepdick wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:24 amNothing happens at locations if your coordinate system encodes time coordinates because nothing happens at a point in time.

Thank you for that clarification Skepdick. Hopefully now anyone persuaded that events can occur without time passing will renounce that notion.
Peculiar conclusion, but OK.

I am merely observing that you don't seem to think of time as a location in the same breath that you are talking about spacetime - a coordinate system.
Last edited by Skepdick on Wed May 11, 2022 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:37 am
Age wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:10 amThat was meant to be refutable. Do you STILL understand?
Yes Age, we all make typos.
Age wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:10 amBut it was good to SEE that you AGREE that what I agree with is IRREFUTABLE.
Well, since you can't articulate your argument, of course it is.
But WHY are you ASSUMING that I can NOT articulate my argument?

Also, if you AGREE that what I agree with IS IRREFUTABLE, and AGREE that what you agree with IS REFUTABLE, then WHY do you persist with the NONSENSICAL and ABSURD CLAIM that the Universe BEGAN and IS EXPANDING?