Currant Buns and Pop Guns - The Big Bang

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Currant Buns and Pop Guns - The Big Bang

Post by attofishpi »

Age wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:47 am
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:50 am
Age wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:07 am

ONCE AGAIN, I neither BELIEF nor DISBELIEF ANY thing.

Also, and AGAIN, WHY will you NOT answer the questions I posed to you FIRST, but you EXPECT me to answer your questions, asked to me AFTER?

Because of definitions.
FUCK OFF YOU IMBECILE, find a forum for IMBECILES.
This is WHAT HAPPENS when you REALIZE I HAD ALREADY ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, and/or you REALIZE that what I SAY and CLAIM here IS, ACTUALLY, IRREFUTABLE.

To me, 'trying to' CLAIM that the Universe BEGAN and/or IS EXPANDING is just as IMBECILIC as it WAS to 'try' and CLAIM that the sun revolves around the earth.

So, WHO is ACTUALLY an "imbecile" or BEING "imbecilic" WILL BE SEEN, and thus COME-TO-LIGHT.
AN IMBECILE..(YOU) ..WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE AN IMBECILE (it takes rational logic to comprehend) ..I FIND IT VEXING...that God, at least, allowed the formation of so much stupidity on this planet...of the likes of you and your ilk..and yet you're not even near the depths of stupidity that man is capable of existing within reality...the worst part is, here you are, on a forum that is supposed to deal with rational comprehension (of ANYTHING)

btw. IS POO IRREFUTABLE?

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:58 am
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:50 am

FUCK OFF YOU IMBECILE, find a forum for IMBECILES.
This is WHAT HAPPENS when you REALIZE I HAD ALREADY ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, and/or you REALIZE that what I SAY and CLAIM here IS, ACTUALLY, IRREFUTABLE.

To me, 'trying to' CLAIM that the Universe BEGAN and/or IS EXPANDING is just as IMBECILIC as it WAS to 'try' and CLAIM that the sun revolves around the earth.

So, WHO is ACTUALLY an "imbecile" or BEING "imbecilic" WILL BE SEEN, and thus COME-TO-LIGHT.
AN IMBECILE..(YOU) ..WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE AN IMBECILE (it takes rational logic to comprehend) ..I FIND IT VEXING...that God, at least, allowed the formation of so much stupidity on this planet...of the likes of you and your ilk..and yet you're not even near the depths of stupidity that man is capable of existing within reality...the worst part is, here you are, on a forum that is supposed to deal with rational comprehension (of ANYTHING)

btw. IS POO IRREFUTABLE?
ONCE AGAIN, you WILL NOT answer the ACTUAL questions I pose to you, AS PROVED ABOVE. Yet you WANT and EXPECT me to answer YOUR QUESTIONS.

By the way, Asking, "is poo irrefutable?" is about as IMMATURE, ABSURD, and IMBECILIC as things could get here.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Age wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:21 am

btw. IS POO IRREFUTABLE?
ONCE AGAIN, you WILL NOT answer the ACTUAL questions I pose to you, AS PROVED ABOVE. Yet you WANT and EXPECT me to answer YOUR QUESTIONS.

By the way, Asking, "is poo irrefutable?" is about as IMMATURE, ABSURD, and IMBECILIC as things could get here.
Oh. Well then, does a polar bear POO in the forest? Is that question less IMMATURE, ABSURD, and IMBECILIC? Is it irrefutable that a polar bear does not poo in a forest?

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:32 am
Age wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:21 am

btw. IS POO IRREFUTABLE?

Oh. Well then, does a polar bear POO in the forest?
IF a polar bear is IN 'a forest' and needed to do a POO, and DID, then YES 'A polar bear' does POO in the forest.
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:32 am Is that question less IMMATURE, ABSURD, and IMBECILIC?
To me, NO. That question is about 'on par', especially CONSIDERING this thread WAS about the 'big bang', which SOME people SAY and CLAIM was THE BEGINNING of THE EXPANDING Universe.
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:32 am Is it irrefutable that a polar bear does not poo in a forest?
NO, as I just SHOWED ABOVE.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

uwot wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:56 pm Anyway, back to the thread. So there are currently two videos for your consideration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXW6TD2TpLU
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ylMYL_yKwQ
And if your name doesn't begin with a, have a g in it and end in e, you are welcome to comment.
Sorry for the POO all over the thread yesterday!
uwot

Post by uwot »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:06 amSorry for the POO all over the thread yesterday!
I've done worse.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

btw. IS POO IRREFUTABLE?
Yes it is since we're all responsible for creating our share of it...often with a Big Bang! That's possibly how god created the universe...in one giant fart releasing in its wake armies of the poo brigade. After that we were all trying to shit each other one way or another. It's the human thing to do god having so ordained it in the initial Big Bang in which the poo factor was already predetermined as outcome.

One must consider the probability status of ALL reasonable theories!
uwot

Post by uwot »

Dubious wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:49 amOne must consider the probability status of ALL reasonable theories!
Well, if you call a theory reasonable, you already have. The thing is, I don't see why a theory about conditions prior to the big bang should be reasonable; what is reasonable about there being something, rather than nothing?

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:18 am
Dubious wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:49 amOne must consider the probability status of ALL reasonable theories!
Well, if you call a theory reasonable, you already have. The thing is, I don't see why a theory about conditions prior to the big bang should be reasonable;
You do NOT SEE WHY BECAUSE you want to INSIST, and contrary to your BELIEF, you BELIEVE the Universe BEGAN, with or from what is called 'the big bang'.
uwot wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:18 am what is reasonable about there being something, rather than nothing?
BECAUSE:

1. so-called 'something' EXISTS.

2. There HAS TO BE 'something' for 'you' to QUESTION the 'reasonable' of 'something', rather than 'nothing'.

3. If there IS (the misnomer) 'something', then 'it' IS ALWAYS EXISTING.

4. 'Something' can NOT come from (absolutely) 'nothing'.

5. EVERY 'thing' comes from at least two things coming together, and therefore the misnomer 'something' ALSO comes from two 'things' coming together.

6. There being 'something' MEANS there was NEVER 'nothing' ONLY.

7. Although there is some 'thing' and no 'thing' co-existing together, there can NEVER be JUST NO 'thing' NOR JUST ONE 'thing' ALONE, nor ONLY.

Now, if ANY one would like to LOOK AT and DISCUSS ANY number of these, then let us proceed.

Or, if ANY one thinks or BELIEVES there is some thing 'reasonable' about the Universe BEGINNING from absolutely NO 'thing', or from some OTHER 'thing', then list and SHOW what is 'reasonable' about 'that'.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

uwot wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:18 am
Well, if you call a theory reasonable, you already have. The thing is, I don't see why a theory about conditions prior to the big bang should be reasonable; what is reasonable about there being something, rather than nothing?
You mean you regard my poo theory of the Big Bang unreasonable, unsustainable? Not very scientific! Isn't it a prime directive of science that the probability status of all reasonable theories must be considered?

But seriously! The reason there is something rather than nothing is because there was never any such thing as Nothing in the first place.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Dubious wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:44 pmYou mean you regard my poo theory of the Big Bang unreasonable, unsustainable?
Well that's the nature of ontology. If the universe is a big fart, then it is a big fart. Nothing to do with reason.
Dubious wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:44 pmNot very scientific! Isn't it a prime directive of science that the probability status of all reasonable theories must be considered?
Nah. The prime directive of science is 'Does it work?'
Dubious wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:44 pmBut seriously! The reason there is something rather than nothing is because there was never any such thing as Nothing in the first place.
I think that is almost certainly true. What makes you certain?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Dubious wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:44 pmNot very scientific! Isn't it a prime directive of science that the probability status of all reasonable theories must be considered?
uwot wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:48 pmNah. The prime directive of science is 'Does it work?'
A simplistic "does it work" attitude is fine regarding technology but in science even if something works resoundingly well in theory doesn't mean the theory is correct. The best one can say is there's a higher probability of it being correct. As for being certain. I don't think one can be certain about anything. No theory in science can be considered dead-bolt certain except evolution. For that we have the planet as proof.

We can't even be certain there is no god with the exception that Jesus ain't IT. I'd claim total certainty on that.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Dubious wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:14 amA simplistic "does it work" attitude is fine regarding technology but in science even if something works resoundingly well in theory doesn't mean the theory is correct.
It depends on where you draw the line between science and philosophy. And technology. And mathematics. 'Science' is very difficult to define, but it usually is some blend of maths, technology and philosophy which varies according to the science, and even the scientist. My own view is basically that expressed by Richard Feynman in this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM-zWTU7X-k Theories or explanations for why something works generally make no difference to how it behaves in practise.
Dubious wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:14 amThe best one can say is there's a higher probability of it being correct. As for being certain. I don't think one can be certain about anything. No theory in science can be considered dead-bolt certain except evolution. For that we have the planet as proof.
I don't doubt evolution, but even that is underdetermined. As you say:
Dubious wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:14 amWe can't even be certain there is no god with the exception that Jesus ain't IT. I'd claim total certainty on that.
If you allow the possibility of a god, then there is the possibility that it created everything. I don't think anyone has made a compelling case that this is so, but I agree that the evidence that Jesus is a fictional character is overwhelming.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

uwot wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:14 am I don't think anyone has made a compelling case that this is so, but I agree that the evidence that Jesus is a fictional character is overwhelming.
..it is amazing in the very least that a fictional character is where we place the year dot. Is man truly of such folly? ..or is there a greater 'hand' at play?
uwot

Post by uwot »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:28 am
uwot wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:14 am I don't think anyone has made a compelling case that this is so, but I agree that the evidence that Jesus is a fictional character is overwhelming.
..it is amazing in the very least that a fictional character is where we place the year dot.
atto, me old china, when you say 'we', are you aware that doesn't include Jews, Muslims, Ethiopians, Thais, Japanese. The Chinese only adopted the Gregorian calendar about a hundred years ago. Most of the world outside Europe had it imposed by imperialism.
attofishpi wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:28 amIs man truly of such folly? ..or is there a greater 'hand' at play?
I think it's the former.