Diabetes and how you get it.

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Diabetes and how you get it.

Post by Sculptor »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:10 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:37 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:44 am
This is not exactly 'Philosophy of Science'.
  • Philosophy of science is a branch of philosophy concerned with the foundations, methods, and implications of science. The central questions of this study concern what qualifies as science, the reliability of scientific theories, and the ultimate purpose of science.
Rather this thread is more appropriately the 'Philosophy of Diabetes' or Philosophy of Health or Nutrition within the main set 'Philosophy'.

'Philosophy' is defined as the love of wisdom and use of whatever tools in contributing to the optimal well-beings of the individual[s] and thus to humanity.

In this case, what we know about diabetes is knowledge and how to apply this knowledge is wisdom, i.e. philosophy.
Whilst some knowledge is sufficient it would be preferable if we were to dig deeper [in the deepest possible] into the root causes.
You are such a dickhead.
You were so keen to demonstrate your copy&Paste skills that you did not bother to read what you were responding to.
Try again.
You are just making a damn fool of yourself because you think yourself so clever you do not know how childish you appear to others.
What are you talking about.

You are wrong in stating the treatment of diabetes is about 'Philosophy of Science'.
I did not say that. You can't read.
My point is, discussing the treatment of diabetes in not about 'Philosophy of Science'.
I gave a link to what 'philosophy of science' is about.
What is wrong with that?
What is wrong is that I did not say what you think I did because you can't read properly.

copy & Paste skills??
Reread your posts and find out you are the one who is doing most of the copy and Paste.
So far, I have only provided links in accompanying my views.
I never dump large bit of test that I do not understand or are not relevant. That is what you do.
Sculptor

Re: The Very Objective Approach to Prevent T-II Diabetes.

Post by Sculptor »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:15 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:39 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:41 am Here is how we can tackle and prevent diabetes with objectivity and reasonable certainty.
Your response does not reference any issues concerning the philosophy of science.
Please stop dumping your copy&paste BS on the thread.
If you do not want to discuss the philosophical problems of science that this issue brings up then find another thread.
Better still find another Forum.
My point is, discussing the treatment of diabetes in not about 'Philosophy of Science'.
I gave a link to what 'philosophy of science' is about.
What is wrong with that?
I really find you staggeringly stupid. First you Accuse me of something I did not do, then you do that thing, and get annoyed when I point out that you are doing the same thing you falsely accuse me of.
Am I going too fast for you?

You are wrong in stating the treatment of diabetes is about 'Philosophy of Science'.
Duh. GO back a read what I actually said dimwit.
As I had stated, the prevention of diabetes should be dealt within 'Philosophy of Diabetes' not as Philosophy of Science.
In this case, within the Philosophy of Diabetes, we can dig further into the root causes and why the earlier batches of scientists and doctors were wrong in their recommendations in the prevention and treatment of diabetes.
I suppose I should not be surprised because you are the guy who think you can eat an unlimited amount of fat and put on no weight. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:19 pm I suppose I should not be surprised because you are the guy who think you can eat an unlimited amount of fat and put on no weight. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I did not claim the above specifically.

What I claim is if one is on a low [very] carb diet, then one can eat get as much fat [good fats] as one CAN and will not be obese. The limitation is 'eat as much as one CAN", i.e. no force feeding or stuffing. For healthy people, there is also a 'lippostat' that limit one to the optimal amount of fat one can eat.

Another limitation is fats need bile to be digested.
About 400 to 800 millilitres of bile is produced per day in adult human beings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bile
So the amounts of fats digested is limited by the bile production.
This is why excessive fats are not digested and are got rid of as globules as I had shown earlier.

There are lots more factors supporting my claims, I will not into the details since you are so ignorant and resist new knowledge.

The significant contributor of fat deposition is insulin resistance where a high intake of carbs [excessive fructose, glucose,] are converted to fats.

FYI,
One of the critical root cause all sort of diseases is stress.
Your quick agitation and anger are an obvious signs of a state of stress, worst still it is driven by arrogance on ignorance. [you have a pain in the arse or pain in the neck?]

Stress produce cortisols and other damaging chemicals which harm your system. While you are giving attention to obesity and diabetes, you have not given much attention to heart attacks [watch out!!], the silent disease where the main cause is stress leading to inflammations upon clogging of the arteries. Note the following and 'stress' at the bottom right;

vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:54 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:19 pm I suppose I should not be surprised because you are the guy who think you can eat an unlimited amount of fat and put on no weight. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What I claim is if one is on a low [very] carb diet, then one can eat get as much fat [good fats] as one CAN and will not be obese. The limitation is 'eat as much as one CAN", i.e. no force feeding or stuffing. For healthy people, there is also a 'lippostat' that limit one to the optimal amount of fat one can eat.

Another limitation is fats need bile to be digested.
About 400 to 800 millilitres of bile is produced per day in adult human beings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bile
So the amounts of fats digested is limited by the bile production.
This is why excessive fats are not digested and are got rid of as globules as I had shown earlier.

There are lots more factors supporting my claims, I will not into the details since you are so ignorant and resist new knowledge.

The significant contributor of fat deposition is insulin resistance where a high intake of carbs [excessive fructose, glucose,] are converted to fats.

FYI,
One of the critical root cause all sort of diseases is stress.
Your quick agitation and anger are an obvious signs of a state of stress, worst still it is driven by arrogance on ignorance. [you have a pain in the arse or pain in the neck?]

Stress produce cortisols and other damaging chemicals which harm your system. While you are giving attention to obesity and diabetes, you have not given much attention to heart attacks [watch out!!], the silent disease where the main cause is stress leading to inflammations upon clogging of the arteries. Note the following and 'stress' at the bottom right;

That's bullshit. How exactly is 'stress' defined? The only way to be free of 'stress' is to be dead. I'm always getting irritated by idiots, yet my blood pressure is always in the 'ideal' range, ideal cholesterol, triglycerides 0.7, normal glucose, no medication. And yes, I have 'stress', just like anyone else. At this rate I'll live to be 100, god forbid. I need to find a way to be 'less' healthy :(
Veritas Aequitas

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:57 am
That's bullshit. How exactly is 'stress' defined? The only way to be free of 'stress' is to be dead. I'm always getting irritated by idiots, yet my blood pressure is always in the 'ideal' range, ideal cholesterol, triglycerides 0.7, normal glucose, no medication. And yes, I have 'stress', just like anyone else. At this rate I'll live to be 100, god forbid. I need to find a way to be 'less' healthy :(
Irritability and anger can become common traits in people who are stressed.

In one older 2014 studyTrusted Source, higher levels of anger were associated with both mental stress and the possibility of a stress-related heart attack.

Another studyTrusted Source investigated the relationship between anger, depression, and stress levels in caretakers. The researchers found an association between care-related chronic stress and anger levels.
https://www.healthline.com/health/emoti ... ritability
Often diseases related to unhealthy stress are in most cases not immediately but rather built up over many years from constant exposure and conditions.

Have you check your heart conditions?
What about cancer markers?
These need to be monitored regularly.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:10 am

In one older 2014 studyTrusted Source, higher levels of anger were associated with both mental stress and the possibility of a stress-related heart attack.

Another studyTrusted Source investigated the relationship between anger, depression, and stress levels in caretakers. The researchers found an association between care-related chronic stress and anger levels.
Often diseases related to stress are in most cases not immediately but rather built up over many years from constant stress.

What are 'cancer markers? Wouldn't there be some sort of obvious signs if you have a bad heart? You sound like a hypochondriac. It's just not possible to be constantly getting tested for every kind of cancer. There would be no point anyway. Some cancers are so slow growing that you would die of old age before they could do any damage.
Veritas Aequitas

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:13 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:10 am

Often diseases related to stress are in most cases not immediately but rather built up over many years from constant stress.

What are 'cancer markers? Wouldn't there be some sort of obvious signs if you have a bad heart? You sound like a hypochondriac. It's just not possible to be constantly getting tested for every kind of cancer. There would be no point anyway. Some cancers are so slow growing that you would die of old age before they could do any damage.
Aren't you familiar with the common statement, "Heart Attack, the Silent Killer."
Yes, there are many signs before a heart attack but the most common is the 'silent one'.

Cancer Markers?
Check with your doctors, there are a tons of them, i.e. the common ones [cheap] or the more sophisticated measurements [more expensive].

hypochondriac??
Isn't 'prevention is better than cure'?
the point is to be objective and non-emotional about it rather than be fearful or paranoid about any possible diseases.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Yes you did and because you are now lying I see no reason to persist with reading the rest of this post..
PLONK!
Veritas Aequitas

Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:13 am
Yes you did and because you are now lying I see no reason to persist with reading the rest of this post..
PLONK!
Lying?
Note I mentioned "keto" diet which imply fats management, i.e. eat as much fat as one can and one will not be obese upon a KETO diet.

Note another control of fatness is leptin [you mentioned somewhere].
  • Leptin is a hormone your body releases that helps it maintain your normal weight on a long-term basis. The level of leptin in your blood is directly related to how much body fat you have.
    Leptin resistance causes you to feel hungry and eat more even though your body has enough fat stores.
    https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/a ... t%20stores.
Leptin will control the amount of fat one CAN eat.
When leptin is working, it will control the amount of fat one can eat.
In Leptin resistance where it fails to work, then one will get fat mostly via carbs.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:01 am
PLONK!
Lying?
Note I mentioned "keto" diet which imply fats management, i.e. eat as much fat as one can and one will not be obese upon a KETO diet.

• Leptin is a hormone your body releases that helps it maintain your normal weight on a long-term basis. The level of leptin in your blood is directly related to how much body fat you have.
    Leptin resistance causes you to feel hungry and eat more even though your body has enough fat stores.
In Leptin resistance where it fails to work, then one will get fat mostly via carbs.

You are still wrong.
Winning on KETO it is certainly easier to loose weight for the reasons above, yet you still have to train yourself to listen to your body when fullness nears, and stop before you feel full.
As Taubes says in "The Case for KETO" it only takes a few extra calories a day to accumulate 40lbs of excess fat over lifetime. we are piss poor at knowing when we have reached out ideal intake to balance the CICO.

So were you to follow KETO and have just 1/2oz of cheese too much per day (that is a tiny bite), over five years you would accumulate 26lbs of extra fat.

So no way you cannot "eat as much fat as you life and never put on any weight".

That's why people fail on KETO because they think they can have that extra sausage. There is a delay between eating something and feeling the satiation..
Any delay that allows you to nibble a small piece of cheese before you know you are full means weight gain.
That is why IF time restricted eating works because you limit your eating time.
Veritas Aequitas

Sculptor wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:57 am
PLONK!
Lying?

You are still wrong.
Winning on KETO it is certainly easier to loose weight for the reasons above, yet you still have to train yourself to listen to your body when fullness nears, and stop before you feel full.
As Taubes says in "The Case for KETO" it only takes a few extra calories a day to accumulate 40lbs of excess fat over lifetime. we are piss poor at knowing when we have reached out ideal intake to balance the CICO.

So were you to follow KETO and have just 1/2oz of cheese too much per day (that is a tiny bite), over five years you would accumulate 26lbs of extra fat.

That's why people fail on KETO because they think they can have that extra sausage. There is a delay between eating something and feeling the satiation..
Any delay that allows you to nibble a small piece of cheese before you know you are full means weight gain.
Where in Taubes' "The Case for KETO" - which page. I have read the book I want to verify the context.

Point is there are loads of factors to take into accounts other than CICO which Taubes disagreed with.
It is not that straightforward.

Note these rough numbers,
  • During a lifetime the average person eats 35 tons of food. Link Link2

As of 2011, the average American adult eats 1,996 pounds of food per year. Link:
By your logic, we would have actual 'whale' sized humans all over the world, but we don't.
Point is there are loads of factors to take into accounts.

My critical qualification is KETO and without Insulin Resistance.
When one is on KETO seriously, one is not likely to have insulin resistance.
It is the presence of Insulin Resistance which is the main driver of fat deposition.
Note I also stated 'obesity'.

Normally from a certain starting point one can eat as much food and fats as possible but one will remain thin for a while which mean there is something that is maintaining homeostasis in preventing one from being fat despite the amount of food [more fats etc.] consumed.
It is only when one passed the threshold of insulin resistance that the correlation of fats and carbs intake is sensitive to fats depositions.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:12 am
Lying?

You are still wrong.

Where in Taubes' "The Case for KETO" - which page. I have read the book I want to verify the context.

Point is there are loads of factors to take into accounts other than CICO which Taubes disagreed with.

As of 2011, the average American adult eats 1,996 pounds of food per year. Link:
By your logic, we would have actual 'whale' sized humans all over the world, but we don't.

It is the presence of Insulin Resistance which is the main driver of fat deposition.

Normally from a certain starting point one can eat as much food and fats as possible but one will remain thin for a while which mean there is something that is maintaining homeostasis in preventing one from being fat despite the amount of food [more fats etc.] consumed.
It is only when one passed the threshold of insulin resistance that the correlation of fats and carbs intake is sensitive to fats depositions.
It is not enough to have the book.
Fucking read it. And you have to understand it.
And tell me where he says you can eat as much fat as you like and not put on weight.

Read Chapter 10 and let's see if you are capable of understanding it.
Veritas Aequitas

Sculptor wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:34 pm

You are still wrong.

And tell me where he says you can eat as much fat as you like and not put on weight.

Where did ever I say Taubes said that?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:20 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:34 pm

Where did ever I say Taubes said that?
You have completely lost the plot
Sculptor

Re: Diabetes and how you get it.

Post by Sculptor »

This is the number one advocate for the KETO diet telling us that you cannot "eat as much fat as you like and never put on weight".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAv8koJR0BI

He says everything that is important in the first 3 minutes.