Diabetes and how you get it.

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Diabetes and how you get it.

Post by Sculptor »

This video is a critique of the standard understanding of diabetes and brings up a few issues about the philosophy of science and how it is used for the treatment of the diabetes pandemic.

So if you have diabetes, or is you think you shall become diabetic in the future watch this because it could save your life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wXWEdipBEg
Sculptor

Re: Diabetes and how you get it.

Post by Sculptor »

If you want some more, or don't like the first video then try this.

But one thing is for sure, you will get more out of these videos than you can from your GP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpNU72dny2s
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Very good ..yes, you are what you eat.

And yes, fasting is natures greatest healer.

It's no coincidence that animals do not form queues outside of doctors surgeries or build their own hospitals.

I sometimes get heartburn forming, from too much stomach acid being produced, but instead of racing for some drug to fix the problem, I just fast for a day, and the problem disappears completely. I'm in my senior years and take absolutely no medication for any ailment whatsoever, my brother can't understand it because he's on like so many different medications for this that and the other, while I am on none.

He's just been diagnosed with diabetes type 2...but then he's been a heavy drinker of wine and has been a chocolate addict all his life.

He's been told that if he stops eating chocolate and drinking the wine, he will reverse the problem, so he's not very happy about giving up is vices that get him through the day.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:25 pm Very good ..yes, you are what you eat.
Your brother is a chocolate cake?

:lol:

Nothing like a good old cliche. Place holder for knowledge.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:25 pm Very good ..yes, you are what you eat.

It's no coincidence that animals do not form queues outside of doctors surgeries or build their own hospitals.

I sometimes get heartburn forming, from too much stomach acid being produced, but instead of racing for some drug to fix the problem, I just fast for a day, and the problem disappears completely. I'm in my senior years and take absolutely no medication for any ailment whatsoever, my brother can't understand it because he's on like so many different medications for this that and the other, while I am on none.

He's just been diagnosed with diabetes type 2...but then he's been a heavy drinker of wine and has been a chocolate addict all his life.

He's been told that if he stops eating chocolate and drinking the wine, he will reverse the problem, so he's not very happy about giving up is vices that get him through the day.
Sugar is at the heart of the problem. Fructose has a similar effect to alcohol and causes fatty liver disease.
Table sugar is half glucose and half fructose. Fructose blocks leptin. Leptin which signals satiation, when blocked keeps you hungry.
So when you eat sugar you make more insulin than you need, and this has massive inflammatory effects - causes leaky gut and atherosclerosis.
If he has Diabetes he will need to do more than stop the alcohol and the chocolate.
Get him to see these vids.
If he is a person that likes a book, get him to read "Fat Change" and "Metabolical" by Robert Lustig - the guy in the second video.

He can cure his diabetes with ZERO medication.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:14 pm

Sugar is at the heart of the problem. Fructose has a similar effect to alcohol and causes fatty liver disease.
Table sugar is half glucose and half fructose. Fructose blocks leptin. Leptin which signals satiation, when blocked keeps you hungry.
So when you eat sugar you make more insulin than you need, and this has massive inflammatory effects - causes leaky gut and atherosclerosis.
If he has Diabetes he will need to do more than stop the alcohol and the chocolate.
If he is a person that likes a book, get him to read "Fat Change" and "Metabolical" by Robert Lustig - the guy in the second video.

Thank you so much - I always appreciate your wisdom, and I will pass this info onto my brother.

It's weird, because I hear that so many people are taking medication/drugs for this that and the other...but I have not needed any as of yet so far. And guess what, I am not going to take any drugs ever, even if I am told I will die without them, then I will just say so what, I will die, I do not care about dying. Lucky for me, I'm really healthy, and maybe that's because I've never put any crap in my body, rather, I've always treated my body like a woman, in a happy wife, happy life, sort of way. It's just having common sense from the get go and being highly aware, and watching how nature deals with survival effortlessly without meds, doctors, and hospitals.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Actually those are both things that are supposed to be good for you; dark chocolate and red wine :lol: I doubt if they would give anyone diabetes. It's overall bad diet, with far too many bad carbs and processed foods that cause the problems. No exercise, bad diet, far too much sugar. It's not exactly rocket science.
I was just reading that the average American woman today is 5'3'' and more than twelve stone! That includes young women. I doubt if that's being caused by wine and chocolate somehow.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:14 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:14 pm

Thank you so much - I always appreciate your wisdom, and I will pass this info onto my brother.

It's weird, because I hear that so many people are taking medication/drugs for this that and the other...but I have not needed any as of yet so far. And guess what, I am not going to take any drugs ever, even if I am told I will die without them, then I will just say so what, I will die, I do not care about dying. Lucky for me, I'm really healthy, and maybe that's because I've never put any crap in my body, rather, I've always treated my body like a woman, in a happy wife, happy life, sort of way. It's just having common sense from the get go and being highly aware, and watching how nature deals with survival effortlessly without meds, doctors, and hospitals.
Health systems are good, but suffer from the "see symptom and treat it" knee jerk. Rather than trying to deal with the root causes.
So high blood sugar = give insulin or other drugs. This makes it worse since more insulin makes the body resistant to it and too much of it is very harmful to many living systems causing fat deposits and leaky cell membranes.
Newly qualifying doctors will have been taught by people who know the paradigms of the last 20 decades. Once practicing there is precious little time to keep abreast of new ideas and an institutional resistance to alter tried and tested practice. This inertia can cause problems.
Much of the new research is based on the discovery of leptin and its effects, Leptin has only been known this century.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sugar-coating the truth is the ADDICTION to lies.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:08 am Image

Sugar-coating the truth is the ADDICTION to lies.

Obviously people with argue that we need food, and the the body uses sugar for energy.
I also argue that we need food, but we need real food, not processed food.

We are not evolved to deal with sucrose except in tiny amount or in a glut in the autumn. And the body is well prepared to store as much as it can in the autumn for the winter chill. In the modern world winter never comes. We do not hibernate.

Sucrose, a disaccharide is composed of glucose and fructose. They are immediately separated by the body, and insulin is also immediately secreted to control blood sugar levels, switching to fat storage. This autumnal strategy once helped us build fat for the winter. The magical thing about FRUCTOSE is that it blocks satiation by masking the effects of LEPTIN a hormone which tells the brain to stop eating. 10thousand years ago this was useful so that we kept eating and storing fat.
What happens now is that with the ready availability of sugar based products we are in a state of perpetual autumn, always piling on the fat. Worst still with so much insulin we become resistant to it and more has to be produced for the same effect.

Dietary advice urging low fat and high carb diets have made the situation even worse. Manufacturers have reduced the fat but replaced the missing flavour with added sugar. We now have the problem of hidden sugar. This keeps that addiction going, like giving methadone to heroin addicts, (only you'd be giving small doses of actual heroin).
And its not just sugar - all highly processed carbs spike insulin - pasta, bread, pastries.

Constant production of Insulin leads to insulin resistance.
This has been linked to obesity, high blood pressure, non alcoholic fatty liver disease, high cholesterol, atherosclerosis , and type 2 diabetes.

The primary cause of atherosclerosis is NOT dietary cholesterol, nor is it eating fat. The advice is wrong.
The cause of these diseases now know collectively as "Metabolic Syndrome" is Sugar, and other refined carbohydrates.
That is why, despite the advice "low fat, high carb", the incidence of these diseases has matched the growth of sugar use. In fact it is, in part because of this advice that we are now seeing babies born with congestive heart disease and type 2.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I totes agree with your last post Sculptor..thanks for sharing.

Humans are addicted to pleasure, and willingly partipate in their own self-serving pleasure fests, making the fat cats richer and richer...seems like money does make the world go around, even if it makes us sick. The wise have already jumped off this mad merry-go-round.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Earliest humans did not use fire for cooking, but had a balanced diet of meat and plants - all eaten raw.

Since the discovery of utilising lightening strikes...cooked meat is preferred over raw, because cooked meat turns to sugar. Hence the dawning of farming animals on mass. An animal has no other purpose in life other than to fill the belly of man.

The purpose of human life is addiction to killing, not only itself, but the entire spectrum of living things, if it lives, they'll eat it.

Humans lovingly pet their pet cats and dogs, but not a lobster... Pretty much sums up nature in a nutshell.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Type 2 diabetes can be inherited and is linked to your family history and genetics, but environmental factors also play a role.

Not everyone with a family history of type 2 diabetes will get it, but you're more likely to develop it if a parent or sibling has it.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

reasonvemotion wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:52 pm Type 2 diabetes can be inherited and is linked to your family history and genetics, but environmental factors also play a role.

Not everyone with a family history of type 2 diabetes will get it, but you're more likely to develop it if a parent or sibling has it.
Not really.
Type one definitely is inheritable and that is a dysfunction of the pancreas's ability to excrete insulin.

Type 2 is caused by eating habits over a lifetime. But now even children are getting it because they are binging on sugar. Or worse pregnant mothers are condemning their children even before they are born to metabolic disease.

Children eat what their parents eat and that is why it might appear to be inheritable. But the idea it is inheritable is simple false since there has been no genetic change in the species that could explain the massive growth of diabetes and the root cause which is metabolic syndrome. No inheritable disease is capable of doubling in the population in 15 years.

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/about_us/ne ... lence-2021

But these two types are completely different problems.

Type 1 is a lack of insulin; type 2 is too much insulin leading to insulin resistance.

Type 1 is manageable by injecting insulin. It has no cure
Paradoxically the medical profession is in the habit of treating type 2 the same way, but this only accelerates the disease, which is in effect "insulin resistance".
Type 2 is completely curable by changes in lifestyle, mostly diet.
Last edited by Sculptor on Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:37 am Earliest humans did not use fire for cooking, but had a balanced diet of meat and plants - all eaten raw.

Since the discovery of utilising lightening strikes...cooked meat is preferred over raw, because cooked meat turns to sugar. Hence the dawning of farming animals on mass. An animal has no other purpose in life other than to fill the belly of man.

The purpose of human life is addiction to killing, not only itself, but the entire spectrum of living things, if it lives, they'll eat it.

Humans lovingly pet their pet cats and dogs, but not a lobster... Pretty much sums up nature in a nutshell.
Cooking causes minimal darkening it does not make "sugar" but makes tough meat easier to digest. What can happen with very burned meat is the production of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons which give a caramel taste like sugar. The danger of this is inflammation, not sugar synthesis. The other link with type 2 and burned meat is bar=b=q and actually cooking with sugar in sauces.

Once we had the ability to make our own fire that is when we first moved out of Africa. Fire was protection, warmth and the extension of the diet. Dear old Homo Erectus. But he had no sugar to speak of