Argument regarding physics

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

butimfeeling2022

Re: Oh goody, another one.

Post by butimfeeling2022 »

uwot wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:13 am The thing is you can have any number of theories to explain any given phenomena. You really should read those articles, they will instantly cure you of a great deal of ignorance.
if you have any number of theories to explain any given phenomena and not one to explain what is really happening,
what do you think is really happening, idiot?

Here we are talking about nothing but the obvious...what's that?
What seems to be happening obviously. What's that?
Obviously it's really something else than what you imagine that happens in reality, it has been happening for quite a while before you existed...

You should really read idiot, and cut the nonsense with references that justify your opinions, that you didn't argue for IDIOT!!!

What do you think seems to be happening
when your imagination really follows reality,
something that you imagine, or...
something else that really seems to be happening and you simply....are really following with your imagination?

What do you idiot think the rest think here idiot, by you replying to a thread that you didn't start, you think it is nonsense, you cannot argue regarding the subject in the thread IDIOT, and you IDIOT keep replying to a thread that you didn't start with your opinions IDIOT!!!
If you want to write your opinions idiot start your own thread, let's see how many other idiots want to read what you have to say on your own IDIOT!!!
uwot

Post by uwot »

butimfeeling2022 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:18 pmif you have any number of theories to explain any given phenomena and not one to explain what is really happening,
The phenomenon is what is really happening. An apple falling is a phenomenon, and without getting into really outré metaphysics, it is something that really happens. You can measure how apples fall, examine the data for patterns and come up with a mathematical theory consistent with that data. For example, that the force of gravity is the product of two masses, divided by the square of the distance between them. That is what Isaac Newton did. You can also come up with a philosophical theory for why apples fall. For instance: because mass warps spacetime. That is what Einstein did. He also came up with a new mathematical theory which explains phenomena that Newton's theory can't; but it doesn't follow that because the mathematical theory is accurate, that the philosophical model is correct. String theory and loop quantum gravity are just two of the better known alternatives to warped spacetime, so there are plenty of theories about why apples fall.
butimfeeling2022 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:18 pmYou should really read idiot, and cut the nonsense with references that justify your opinions, that you didn't argue for IDIOT!!!
I presume you mean these references: https://philosophynow.org/issues/133/Ph ... _Millennia
https://philosophynow.org/issues/131/Th ... _1922-1996As I said, I wrote them.
butimfeeling2022 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:18 pmWhat do you idiot think the rest think here idiot, by you replying to a thread that you didn't start, you think it is nonsense, you cannot argue regarding the subject in the thread IDIOT, and you IDIOT keep replying to a thread that you didn't start with your opinions IDIOT!!!
I imagine there will be as many responses as there are readers, ranging from 'I'm not reading anything by that smug twat', through 'Why is he bothering with that halfwit', all the way out to 'Actually, he knows what he is talking about.'
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

uwot wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:53 am ... You can measure how apples fall, examine the data for patterns and come up with a mathematical theory consistent with that data. For example, that the force of gravity is the product of two masses, divided by the square of the distance between them. That is what Isaac Newton did. You can also come up with a philosophical theory for why apples fall. For instance: because mass warps spacetime. That is what Einstein did. He also came up with a new mathematical theory which explains phenomena that Newton's theory can't; but it doesn't follow that because the mathematical theory is accurate, that the philosophical model is correct. String theory and loop quantum gravity are just two of the better known alternatives to warped spacetime, so there are plenty of theories about why apples fall. ...
and I thought Newton's theory was for figs...

-Imp

p.s. ignoring the name callers, while occasionally difficult, is usually efficient...
uwot

Post by uwot »

Impenitent wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:04 amand I thought Newton's theory was for figs...

-Imp
I'm pretty certain Newton's law of universal gravitation came first.
Impenitent wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:04 amp.s. ignoring the name callers, while occasionally difficult, is usually efficient...
So somewhere in the 'Why is he bothering with that halfwit' ballpark.
butimfeeling2022

uwot wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:53 am
butimfeeling2022 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:18 pmif you have any number of theories to explain any given phenomena and not one to explain what is really happening,
The phenomenon is what is really happening. An apple falling is a phenomenon, and without getting into really outré metaphysics, it is something that really happens.
when something really happens idiot, something else is happening around something in reality idiot, or if you idiot really think otherwise idiot...

when something really happens idiot, something else isn't happening around something in reality idiot, but if you idiot really think that is the way reality goes idiot...

If in the end, when something really happens idiot, something else isn't happening around something in reality idiot, then it doesn't seem to me where inside something really happens idiot, does it really seem to you idiot?!

And idiot, in case you didn't understand the above, what do you think others reading the above will think that happens around something that really happens, in reality idiot?! Why?

Cause it seems to me that you idiot like to pretend like you idiot don't understand, so what it is that you idiot don't understand that what you imagine isn't exactly what happens in reality idiot? Well idiot, it's not what you idiot imagine, it's something else.
butimfeeling2022

Re: Argument regarding physics

Back to the subject players, stay on the subject or get lost idiots...

Argument
Physics as a science, progresses as follows:
1.There is a current theory, at any given time.
2.A candidate theory, which is more exact regarding what really is happening appears from research as a proposed new theory.
3. Experiments have to be conducted to verify the new theory.
4. When experiments are conducted, they can have the following results. 5. Nothing happens, the experiments fail to show any results, which has happened in the past.
6. Something happens, the experiments had the expected results, which has happened in the past, and science keeps following its path.
7. Something else happens...which was the case with some previous experiments...or else we wouldn't be looking for a new theory, as then all experiments would point only to something, and nothing else...but up to now, this isn't the case, and the future still hap pens next, and not before next happens.
8. What seems to be happening, is that before people actually make things in their lives that do something...they make things that don't do something exactly...and they find that early at best, or late at worst...but the complete story they all know from the beginning, pretty consistently, it seems to me...as it could be the case with the argument I am making here and below.

And all the above in summary is
AXIOM: In any experiment conducted in reality, nothing can happen as a result, some thing can happen as a result, or...something else can happen as a result.
This is an axiom that seems consistent and complete to me, and I dare say...logical. Isn't it?

Well what if it is?
"The consistency of axioms cannot be proven within their own system” (google the phrase)
So, what?.. let's write something below as well...

Systems, axioms and consistency
A system which has axioms for itself, in order for the system to call them axioms for itself, the system has to have a consistent behavior around those axioms and so when it behaves inconsistently with regard to those axioms, the inconsistency between those axioms and the system’s behavior the system can prove to itself.
If what is written above is false, then when a system behaves inconsistently with regard to some axioms it has for itself, that inconsistency it cannot prove to itself, and it keeps behaving inconsistently with regard to those axioms…but…
if the system keeps behaving inconsistently with regard to some axioms and cannot prove to itself that it does so with regard to those axioms, then it doesn’t seem to me it can consistently keep regarding them as axioms for the system, and then something else replaces them, and that something else is what the system calls axioms for itself.

So, what about what mathematicians wrote?

1. When one counts phrases with numbers mathematicians…
When one counts phrases with numbers mathematicians, one doesn’t end up with a phrase that makes sense for humans at any time in their history up to now, because if you mathematicians REALLY think otherwise…
When one counts phrases with numbers mathematicians, one can end up with a phrase that makes sense for humans at some time in their history up to now, but if you mathematicians think this REALLY makes sense to you…
If in the end mathematicians, when one counts phrases with numbers mathematicians, one can end up with a phrase that makes sense for humans at some time in their history up to now, then it doesn’t seem to me that all humans up to now throughout their history made sense by talking to one another honestly and not only by counting one another with numbers without any regard to honesty ever spoken…does it seem to you mathematicians?

2. When numbers happen before words happen, mathematicians, and the rest ones…
When numbers happen before words happen, words don’t make sense after numbers happen, or else
When numbers happen before words happen, words can make sense after numbers happen, but…
If in the end when numbers happen before words happen, words can make sense after numbers happen, then it doesn’t seem to me now what numbers where counting before, that is worth saying…does it seem to you?

3. When numbers happen after words happen, all…
When numbers happen after words happen, words make sense before numbers happen, or else
When numbers happen after words happen, words don’t make sense before numbers happen, but…
If in the end when numbers happen after words happen, words don’t make sense before numbers happen, then it doesn’t seem to me now that numbers make sense to happen after those specific words…does it seem to you?

So what?...let's summarize...

Mathematicians…
in order to remain alive, you have to keep breathing...and this is an axiom for your system...that you can prove consistently throughout your entire life…
so breathe idiots…breathe…

isn't it funny?
uwot

Post by uwot »

butimfeeling2022 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:25 pmwhen something really happens idiot, something else is happening around something in reality idiot, or if you idiot really think otherwise idiot...
You should talk to Age; I think it could be the start of a beautiful relationship.
butimfeeling2022

uwot wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:53 pm
butimfeeling2022 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:25 pmwhen something really happens idiot, something else is happening around something in reality idiot, or if you idiot really think otherwise idiot...
You should talk to Age; I think it could be the start of a beautiful relationship.
when something really happens idiot, something else isn't happening around something in reality idiot, but if you idiot really think that is the way reality goes idiot...

If in the end, when something really happens idiot, something else isn't happening around something in reality idiot, then it doesn't seem to me where inside something really happens idiot, does it really seem to you idiot?!

And idiot, in case you didn't understand the above, what do you think others reading the above will think that happens around something that really happens, in reality idiot?! Why?

Cause it seems to me that you idiot like to pretend like you idiot don't understand, so what it is that you idiot don't understand that what you imagine isn't exactly what happens in reality idiot? Well idiot, it's not what you idiot imagine, it's something else.
butimfeeling2022

Re: Argument regarding physics

Back to the subject players, stay on the subject or get lost idiots...

Argument
Physics as a science, progresses as follows:
1.There is a current theory, at any given time.
2.A candidate theory, which is more exact regarding what really is happening appears from research as a proposed new theory.
3. Experiments have to be conducted to verify the new theory.
4. When experiments are conducted, they can have the following results. 5. Nothing happens, the experiments fail to show any results, which has happened in the past.
6. Something happens, the experiments had the expected results, which has happened in the past, and science keeps following its path.
7. Something else happens...which was the case with some previous experiments...or else we wouldn't be looking for a new theory, as then all experiments would point only to something, and nothing else...but up to now, this isn't the case, and the future still hap pens next, and not before next happens.
8. What seems to be happening, is that before people actually make things in their lives that do something...they make things that don't do something exactly...and they find that early at best, or late at worst...but the complete story they all know from the beginning, pretty consistently, it seems to me...as it could be the case with the argument I am making here and below.

And all the above in summary is
AXIOM: In any experiment conducted in reality, nothing can happen as a result, some thing can happen as a result, or...something else can happen as a result.
This is an axiom that seems consistent and complete to me, and I dare say...logical. Isn't it?

Well what if it is?
"The consistency of axioms cannot be proven within their own system” (google the phrase)
So, what?.. let's write something below as well...

Systems, axioms and consistency
A system which has axioms for itself, in order for the system to call them axioms for itself, the system has to have a consistent behavior around those axioms and so when it behaves inconsistently with regard to those axioms, the inconsistency between those axioms and the system’s behavior the system can prove to itself.
If what is written above is false, then when a system behaves inconsistently with regard to some axioms it has for itself, that inconsistency it cannot prove to itself, and it keeps behaving inconsistently with regard to those axioms…but…
if the system keeps behaving inconsistently with regard to some axioms and cannot prove to itself that it does so with regard to those axioms, then it doesn’t seem to me it can consistently keep regarding them as axioms for the system, and then something else replaces them, and that something else is what the system calls axioms for itself.

So, what about what mathematicians wrote?

1. When one counts phrases with numbers mathematicians…
When one counts phrases with numbers mathematicians, one doesn’t end up with a phrase that makes sense for humans at any time in their history up to now, because if you mathematicians REALLY think otherwise…
When one counts phrases with numbers mathematicians, one can end up with a phrase that makes sense for humans at some time in their history up to now, but if you mathematicians think this REALLY makes sense to you…
If in the end mathematicians, when one counts phrases with numbers mathematicians, one can end up with a phrase that makes sense for humans at some time in their history up to now, then it doesn’t seem to me that all humans up to now throughout their history made sense by talking to one another honestly and not only by counting one another with numbers without any regard to honesty ever spoken…does it seem to you mathematicians?

2. When numbers happen before words happen, mathematicians, and the rest ones…
When numbers happen before words happen, words don’t make sense after numbers happen, or else
When numbers happen before words happen, words can make sense after numbers happen, but…
If in the end when numbers happen before words happen, words can make sense after numbers happen, then it doesn’t seem to me now what numbers where counting before, that is worth saying…does it seem to you?

3. When numbers happen after words happen, all…
When numbers happen after words happen, words make sense before numbers happen, or else
When numbers happen after words happen, words don’t make sense before numbers happen, but…
If in the end when numbers happen after words happen, words don’t make sense before numbers happen, then it doesn’t seem to me now that numbers make sense to happen after those specific words…does it seem to you?

So what?...let's summarize...

Mathematicians…
in order to remain alive, you have to keep breathing...and this is an axiom for your system...that you can prove consistently throughout your entire life…
so breathe idiots…breathe…

isn't it funny?