The Affects of Climate Change

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: The affects of Climate Change

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:25 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:16 am
attofishpi wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:02 pm

Duh, I think you need to get your reading comprehension skills sorted - note the NOT governed by a coating of ice.

Take a tectonic plate thousands of miles in diameter, increase the temperature by a degree or two (via warming biosphere) - it is reasonable to expect that the plate will EXPAND - thus causing more activity to occur at the plate boundary - why is it so hard for you to grasp what I am stating?

Read my previous statement and try to comprehend.
You statements are worthless.
Of course they are to someone lacking intelligence to comprehend them.

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:16 amYou are not in a position to make this claim.
Top of my class at geology gives me at least a layman's position, indeed my lecturer was disappointed I wasn't interested in pursuing the subject further.

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:16 amPlease cite your claim with science.
Er..let me ask you a few questions. Do you think that rock expands when heated? Is the Earth's crust made of rock? Is that rock predominantly silicates?

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:16 amYou are jsut making a damn fool of yourself as per usual.
No, as usual, you fail to grasp what an idiot you have rendered yourself.
Please cite your claim with science.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:53 pm Please cite your claim with science.
Sure, I just need to confirm if you have an inkling of an aptitude for science (sick of wasting my time with u), thus answer these pertinent questions:-

Does rock expand when heated? Is the Earth's crust made of rock? Is that rock predominantly made of silicates?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:05 pm
Sure, I just need to confirm if you have an inkling of an aptitude for science (sick of wasting my time with u), thus answer these pertinent questions:-

Does rock expand when heated? Is the Earth's crust made of rock? Is that rock predominantly made of silicates?
Walker

Re: The effects of Climate Change

Post by Walker »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:27 am Projections of increase in average temperatures in the future must effect the Earth's crust - to expand, hence increased tectonic activity thus more earthquake and volcano activity.

Also, does an increase in the level of CO2 in the atmosphere prevent water droplets to form, thus more drought?

Then there is effects on thermohaline circulation on deep water masses in the North Atlantic that apparently (from a doco or article I read years ago) that will slow, and the North Atlantic will become much cooler, and start conditions to flip us into an ice age.

I really haven't the time to do more research into all that, but perhaps others have some perspectives to offer.
To expand your scope into the realm of philosophy ...

An effect of climate change is to create fear of what can’t be controlled by humans, i.e., irrational fear.

This acceptable and encouraged irrational fear shifts public-policy focus away from what should be controlled, such as the renegade elites who aim to take over the world economies in plain sight; and it shifts public focus away from Australian government agents oxymoronically clubbing non-compliant citizens over “health” mandates.

Clubbing For Better Health [CFBH] is an irrational national health policy. It's akin to destroying democracy in order to save it, a.k.a. throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Irrational Climate Change Fear also shifts public focus away from other things that need attention, such as whose hand is in your pocket.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:29 pm

Pretend the internet broke down and all the books were burned ...
Walker

Post by Walker »

If the earth were the size of an apple, the atmosphere would be thinner than an apple skin.

Such a thin layer may affect the surface for a shallow depth, but it's always hot down in the coal mines.

Is it always hot at plate depth, even if the very thin surface of the earth affected by the atmosphere is covered with snow?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:48 pm

I think that is exactly what doggy is doing.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:55 pm

If the earth were the size of an apple, the atmosphere would be thinner than an apple skin.

Such a thin layer may affect the surface for a shallow depth, but it's always hot down in the coal mines.

Is it always hot at plate depth, even if the very thin surface of the earth affected by the atmosphere is covered with snow?
And global warming is concerned with 1 or two degrees over 100 years, whereas lave termperatures are in the thousands of degrees.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Good article there Veg, probably wasted on others in the thread. I was thinking about ice glaciers melting in volcanic regions, and then the rock expanding since there is no longer the white reflection, but a dark rock such as basalt absorbing heat. The ice sheet would have kept the underlying rock far cooler, such a case is certain to cause tremors and further volcanic activity.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Walker wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:48 pm

Y don't you fuckoff cockwart and learn some science.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:32 pm
Good article there Veg, probably wasted on others in the thread. I was thinking about ice glaciers melting in volcanic regions, and then the rock expanding since there is no longer the white reflection, but a dark rock such as basalt absorbing heat. The ice sheet would have kept the underlying rock far cooler, such a case is certain to cause tremors and further volcanic activity.
Scientific American probably isn't 'scientific' enough for him.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

What? The science of common sense. Seems apparent I'm not the only person contemplating this.

Bill McGuire (volcanologist) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_McGu ... anologist)
McGuire is regarded as a UK expert on geological disasters including supervolcanoes, impact events, tsunamis and earthquakes.
In his latest book, Waking the Giant,[8] he argues temperature change brought about by global warming could release pressure from melting ice caps (through post-glacial rebound) and trigger earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, as well as increased landslides resulting from heavier rainfall.[9] See Physical impacts of climate change
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:37 pm

What? The science of common sense. Seems apparent I'm not the only person contemplating this.

Bill McGuire (volcanologist) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_McGu ... anologist)
McGuire is regarded as a UK expert on geological disasters including supervolcanoes, impact events, tsunamis and earthquakes.
In his latest book, Waking the Giant,[8] he argues temperature change brought about by global warming could release pressure from melting ice caps (through post-glacial rebound) and trigger earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, as well as increased landslides resulting from heavier rainfall.[9] See Physical impacts of climate change
A theory with no basis.
please acknowledge the word "COULD".
It's just a wild specualtion.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:13 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:37 pm

A theory with no basis.
Really!??

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:13 pmplease acknowledge the word "COULD".
Ya, it's a plausible theory.

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:13 pm It's just a wild specualtion.
Wild?? ..as in irrational?