Infinite energy in our universe

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: Infinite energy in our universe

Post by bahman »

seeds wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:39 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:55 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:19 pm
Stars cannot move at the speed of light.
Only light can go at the speed of light.
Do you know that the farther a star is from us faster it goes away from us? Yes or no?
Come on now bahman, you have access to the same information as the rest of us, so I don't know how you are managing to misinterpret it.

From an article in Forbes online magazine (bolding mind):
Forbes senior contributor Ethan Siegel wrote: All the galaxies in the Universe beyond a certain distance appear to recede from us at speeds faster than light. Even if we emitted a photon today, at the speed of light, it will never reach any galaxies beyond that specific distance. It means any events that occur today in those galaxies will not ever be observable by us. However, it's not because the galaxies themselves move faster than light, but rather because the fabric of space itself is expanding.
In other words, what the article suggests is that the underlying ("ether-like") fabric in which the stars and galaxies are embedded, seems to be expanding in such a way that it's causing the galaxies to separate at a rate wherein the light coming off of them can no longer reach each other.

In the raisin bread analogy of the expanding universe, where the expanding dough represents the fabric of spacetime and the raisins represent the galaxies,...

...it does appear as if the "dough" (spacetime) is doing something that's faster than light. However, the mass-imbued features of the galaxies themselves cannot move at the speed of light relative to the "dough" in which they are embedded.
_______
I know about these. But according to special relativity, no massive particle could exceed the speed of light. In here we have the opposite.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:11 am
bahman wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:20 pm
Age wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:55 am

It will be found that this is NOT exactly true.
Now the opposite is found to be true.
What were you ASSUMING I was talking about?

Also, only to some people, like you, was the opposite "found"/assumed to be true 'now', in the days when this was written. To "other" people other things were assumed to be true.

But, what WILL BE found, and proven, irrefutably True is something even different again.
Do you know that the farther a star is from us faster it goes away from us? Yes or no?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:28 am
bahman wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:25 pm
Age wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:21 am

Two things here;

1. The reference frame one is "in" and looking from is very important here.

2. How does the rest of what you wrote here logically follow?
It is called special relativity. I am not making an argument here.
What you wrote does NOT logically follow. And, what you wrote now says and means absolutely NOTHING.

If you can NOT back up and support your claims, then so be it.
Age wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:21 am
So, this is your logic; because this, so called, "infinite energy" cannot be reached that is how at the, so called, "edge of observation" stars could have "infinite energy", correct?
Yes.
Age wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:21 am Now, what exactly is "infinite energy"? And, what exactly is "the edge of observation"?
Infinite energy is a huge amount of energy that cannot be reached.
Again, this says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

What you are essentially saying is "infinite energy" is NOT in relation to ANY thing, and it is an IMPOSSIBILITY anyway.
I know that infinite energy is an impossibility.
bahman wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:25 pm The edge of observation is the distance at which the stars move away with the speed of light.
LOL

So, to you, beyond that distance stars move away (from an unknown what exactly) faster than the speed of light, and, before that distance stars move away (again from an unknown what exactly) slower than the speed of light, correct?

(While we are looking at this, this would be a good time to take notice of how the peoples, in the days when this was being written, were continually forgetting about how distance affects observations.)
You could laugh at this but this is observed and scientifically proved.
Age wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:21 am During daylight hours does the one and only star at "the edge of observation" have "infinite energy" and/or travel at the speed of light?
Yes.
So, to you, the sun travels at the speed of light, correct?

If yes, then what does the sun, which to you travels at the speed of light, traveling at the speed of light in relation to, exactly?

By the way, from your observation, the sun still revolves around the earth, correct?
From point of view of an observer that sits on edge of observation, the sun moves with the speed of light.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:28 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:20 pm
Now the opposite is found to be true.

Also, only to some people, like you, was the opposite "found"/assumed to be true 'now', in the days when this was written. To "other" people other things were assumed to be true.

But, what WILL BE found, and proven, irrefutably True is something even different again.
But stars further away from 'us', (whoever that is) do NOT actually "go away from us", faster. Although it obviously appears that way, to some of 'you'.

Just like the sun does NOT revolve around the earth, although it obviously appears that way, to some of 'you'.

There are two things here, of which both are contrary to the beliefs, in the days when this is being written;

1. Stars are NOT traveling faster than the speed of light.

2. The Universe is NOT expanding.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:32 pm
It is called special relativity. I am not making an argument here.
What you wrote does NOT logically follow. And, what you wrote now says and means absolutely NOTHING.

Yes.

Infinite energy is a huge amount of energy that cannot be reached.

What you are essentially saying is "infinite energy" is NOT in relation to ANY thing, and it is an IMPOSSIBILITY anyway.
So, WHY would 'you' start a thread called, "Infinite energy in our Universe", and then talk about "infinite energy" as though it is some thing that exists?
bahman wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:25 pm The edge of observation is the distance at which the stars move away with the speed of light.
LOL

So, to you, beyond that distance stars move away (from an unknown what exactly) faster than the speed of light, and, before that distance stars move away (again from an unknown what exactly) slower than the speed of light, correct?

(While we are looking at this, this would be a good time to take notice of how the peoples, in the days when this was being written, were continually forgetting about how distance affects observations.)
How, exactly, does one know the speed of stars at the, so called, "edge of observation"? I think you will find that you have trouble distinguishing the exact speed of an ambulance driving past you, let alone working out how fast stars are "travelling".

Also, what was the name of the scientific paper, where it was scientifically PROVED what you are claiming here?
Yes.

If yes, then what does the sun, which to you travels at the speed of light, traveling at the speed of light in relation to, exactly?

By the way, from your observation, the sun still revolves around the earth, correct?
From point of view of an observer that sits on edge of observation, the sun moves with the speed of light.
Well you OBVIOUSLY sit on the, so called, "edge of observation" when you look at the sun. So, you are claiming that the sun is moving at the speed of light, relative to you. Which, I think you will find, most people would disagree with.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:58 pm

But stars further away from 'us', (whoever that is) do NOT actually "go away from us", faster. Although it obviously appears that way, to some of 'you'.

Just like the sun does NOT revolve around the earth, although it obviously appears that way, to some of 'you'.

There are two things here, of which both are contrary to the beliefs, in the days when this is being written;

Ok, I got it! You don't want to accept what is scientifically approved.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:10 pm

So, WHY would 'you' start a thread called, "Infinite energy in our Universe", and then talk about "infinite energy" as though it is some thing that exists?
Because according to special relativity nothing can go with the speed of light but scientists observed otherwise. So I thought that it is a good place to discuss this.

LOL

How, exactly, does one know the speed of stars at the, so called, "edge of observation"? I think you will find that you have trouble distinguishing the exact speed of an ambulance driving past you, let alone working out how fast stars are "travelling".

Also, what was the name of the scientific paper, where it was scientifically PROVED what you are claiming here?
Just google it.

Well you OBVIOUSLY sit on the, so called, "edge of observation" when you look at the sun. So, you are claiming that the sun is moving at the speed of light, relative to you. Which, I think you will find, most people would disagree with.
No, I am not at the edge of observation. The edge of observation is a point far from Sun and Earth.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:32 pm

LOL "scientifically approved".

Which "scientists" "approve" the claim that "stars travel faster than the speed of light"?

And, is there ANY actual proof that thee Universe, Itself, is expanding?

If yes, then WHAT and WHERE is that 'proof'?

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:42 pm
Because according to special relativity nothing can go with the speed of light but scientists observed otherwise.
Which "scientists" observed "otherwise", and, what exactly did they "observe"?
bahman wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:42 pm So I thought that it is a good place to discuss this.
ONCE AGAIN, you have MISSED what I was getting at. I will say 'this' another way; You say and claim that " 'infinite energy' is an impossibility ", so WHY start a thread about "infinite energy in our Universe" if you do not even think that infinite energy is even a possibility anyway?

Just google it.
LOL
LOL
LOL

Here is ANOTHER EXAMPLE of how and when the human beings, in the days when this was being written, when CHALLENGED and QUESTIONED in regards to their CLAIMS and they do NOT have absolutely ANY thing AT ALL to back up and support THEIR CLAIMS, then turn it onto the one who challenge and questions them to FIND 'what they claim' themselves. Which, is another one of the long list of ABSURD and RIDICULOUS things these human beings did, in those days.

OBVIOUSLY there is NO PROOF AT ALL. If there was even the slightest bit of PROOF, then this one would have, so called, "googled it" "them self", and then PROVIDED that PROOF.

But, as I have previously suggested, it would have been far better for these people to have the ACTUAL PROOF, BEFORE, they even begin to MAKE THE CLAIM.
No, I am not at the edge of observation. The edge of observation is a point far from Sun and Earth.
LOL
LOL
LOL "a point far from sun and earth".

Besides this just being completely and utterly absurd, by itself, you have, ONCE AGAIN, completely MISSED the point I was making. And, you will continue to MISS this point if you continue NOT doing ANY thing to CLARIFY.

I have NO need to explain things FOR YOU, as what I have stated here is IRREFUTABLY True, anyway.

'you' ARE at the, so called, "edge of observation" when you are observing the sun. So, according to "your logic", the sun is moving at the speed of light, relative to you.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:02 pm

Which "scientists" "approve" the claim that "stars travel faster than the speed of light"?

You might like to read this.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:14 pm

Because according to special relativity nothing can go with the speed of light but scientists observed otherwise.
I already cited an article in the previous post.
bahman wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:42 pm So I thought that it is a good place to discuss this.
ONCE AGAIN, you have MISSED what I was getting at. I will say 'this' another way; You say and claim that " 'infinite energy' is an impossibility ", so WHY start a thread about "infinite energy in our Universe" if you do not even think that infinite energy is even a possibility anyway?
I didn't miss anything. That is you who missed my point.

Just google it.
LOL
LOL
LOL

Here is ANOTHER EXAMPLE of how and when the human beings, in the days when this was being written, when CHALLENGED and QUESTIONED in regards to their CLAIMS and they do NOT have absolutely ANY thing AT ALL to back up and support THEIR CLAIMS, then turn it onto the one who challenge and questions them to FIND 'what they claim' themselves. Which, is another one of the long list of ABSURD and RIDICULOUS things these human beings did, in those days.

OBVIOUSLY there is NO PROOF AT ALL. If there was even the slightest bit of PROOF, then this one would have, so called, "googled it" "them self", and then PROVIDED that PROOF.

But, as I have previously suggested, it would have been far better for these people to have the ACTUAL PROOF, BEFORE, they even begin to MAKE THE CLAIM.
Why don't you try to educate yourself?

LOL
LOL

Besides this just being completely and utterly absurd, by itself, you have, ONCE AGAIN, completely MISSED the point I was making. And, you will continue to MISS this point if you continue NOT doing ANY thing to CLARIFY.

I have NO need to explain things FOR YOU, as what I have stated here is IRREFUTABLY True, anyway.

'you' ARE at the, so called, "edge of observation" when you are observing the sun. So, according to "your logic", the sun is moving at the speed of light, relative to you.
You are wrong. The speed of expansion is very small and can only be observed on the large scale. Therefore, even Sun goes away from Earth with a speed but that speed is negligible.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:14 pm

You MIGHT like to become MORE Honest and MORE OPEN.

I asked you CLARIFYING QUESTIONS. You can ANSWER THEM or you can IGNORE THEM, and 'try to' DEFLECT.

I will AGAIN suggest that if you want to express a claim, then it is MUCH BETTER, for you, to be able to back up and support that claim BEFORE you make the claim. Is this even understood, by you?

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:21 pm
LOL

I asked this BEFORE your previous post. So, using the 'already' word, as though you had ALREADY informed me PREVIOUSLY, is a deceptive tactic.

And, the article in the that post does NOT answer the ACTUAL questions I asked you anyway.

If you can NOT speak up, and answer for your OWN claims, "yourself", then I suggest you learn MORE about what you are claiming to be true.
I didn't miss anything.
If you REALLY did NOT miss ANY thing, then answer the question and tell us WHY you BELIEVE 'infinite energy IS an impossibility' but start a thread about the 'infinite energy in the Universe'.

From my perspective, you appear to have NOTICED the CONTRADICTION in your claims and are now 'trying' your hardest to DEFLECT from this.
bahman wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:21 pm That is you who missed my point.
What is YOUR POINT?

You CLAIM I "missed your point", so TELL us what is YOUR POINT.
Just google it.
LOL
LOL
LOL

LOL
LOl
LOL

Here AGAIN is MORE EVIDENCE and PROOF in regards to what I am saying and POINTING OUT.

These people REALLY did have absolutely NOTHING AT ALL in regards to some of their claims, but this did NOT stop them from BELIEVING and EXPRESSING those claims.
LOL
LOL

You are wrong.
WHERE am I wrong?

'you', the human being standing on earth, when looking at the sun IS at the, so called, "edge of observation". The sun when being observed is, literally, the furthermost thing that can be observed (and I wrote this in this specific way so that some of you would ASSUME something that I am NOT at all saying, nor meaning) and so, according to your "logic", is moving at the speed of light. Which, obviously, it is NOT.
bahman wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:21 pm The speed of expansion is very small and can only be observed on the large scale.
1. Thee Universe is NOT expanding.

2. If It was, then "very small" is a very relative term.

One moment you are saying objects are moving faster than the speed of light and that the speed of expansion is faster than the speed at light, "past some "edge of observation" point, which OBVIOUSLY to some is NOT "very small" AT ALL, BUT, then you also say and claim the speed of expansion is "very small". So, which one is it, REALLY, to you?

And, WHERE, exactly, are you referring to when you talk about "the speed of expansion" being "very small"?

The reason you can not and so will NOT answer my CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, to you, is because if you did try to, then you would have to continually CONTRADICT what you had previously said and written.
bahman wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:21 pm Therefore, even Sun goes away from Earth with a speed but that speed is negligible.
LOL

When you look at the sun, the sun is at "the edge of observation", for you and from your perspective. And, according to "your logic" and your CLAIM that this then means the sun is travelling at the speed of light. Which, as has ALREADY been pointed out to you, by "others", is NOT TRUE.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:04 am
bahman wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:14 pm

You MIGHT like to become MORE Honest and MORE OPEN.

I asked you CLARIFYING QUESTIONS. You can ANSWER THEM or you can IGNORE THEM, and 'try to' DEFLECT.

I will AGAIN suggest that if you want to express a claim, then it is MUCH BETTER, for you, to be able to back up and support that claim BEFORE you make the claim. Is this even understood, by you?
If you want the actual proof then you need to read the manuscript and the citations within.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:28 am

LOL

I asked this BEFORE your previous post. So, using the 'already' word, as though you had ALREADY informed me PREVIOUSLY, is a deceptive tactic.

And, the article in the that post does NOT answer the ACTUAL questions I asked you anyway.

If you can NOT speak up, and answer for your OWN claims, "yourself", then I suggest you learn MORE about what you are claiming to be true.

I didn't miss anything.
If you REALLY did NOT miss ANY thing, then answer the question and tell us WHY you BELIEVE 'infinite energy IS an impossibility' but start a thread about the 'infinite energy in the Universe'.

From my perspective, you appear to have NOTICED the CONTRADICTION in your claims and are now 'trying' your hardest to DEFLECT from this.
bahman wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:21 pm That is you who missed my point.
What is YOUR POINT?

You CLAIM I "missed your point", so TELL us what is YOUR POINT.

LOL
LOL
LOL

LOL
LOl
LOL

Here AGAIN is MORE EVIDENCE and PROOF in regards to what I am saying and POINTING OUT.

These people REALLY did have absolutely NOTHING AT ALL in regards to some of their claims, but this did NOT stop them from BELIEVING and EXPRESSING those claims.

LOL
LOL

You are wrong.
WHERE am I wrong?

'you', the human being standing on earth, when looking at the sun IS at the, so called, "edge of observation". The sun when being observed is, literally, the furthermost thing that can be observed (and I wrote this in this specific way so that some of you would ASSUME something that I am NOT at all saying, nor meaning) and so, according to your "logic", is moving at the speed of light. Which, obviously, it is NOT.
bahman wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:21 pm The speed of expansion is very small and can only be observed on the large scale.
1. Thee Universe is NOT expanding.

2. If It was, then "very small" is a very relative term.

One moment you are saying objects are moving faster than the speed of light and that the speed of expansion is faster than the speed at light, "past some "edge of observation" point, which OBVIOUSLY to some is NOT "very small" AT ALL, BUT, then you also say and claim the speed of expansion is "very small". So, which one is it, REALLY, to you?

And, WHERE, exactly, are you referring to when you talk about "the speed of expansion" being "very small"?

The reason you can not and so will NOT answer my CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, to you, is because if you did try to, then you would have to continually CONTRADICT what you had previously said and written.
bahman wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:21 pm Therefore, even Sun goes away from Earth with a speed but that speed is negligible.
LOL

When you look at the sun, the sun is at "the edge of observation", for you and from your perspective. And, according to "your logic" and your CLAIM that this then means the sun is travelling at the speed of light. Which, as has ALREADY been pointed out to you, by "others", is NOT TRUE.
I would discuss this with you further once you read the article.