Do we leave in a 3D or 4D world ?

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

onglob

Re: Do we leave in a 3D or 4D world ?

Post by onglob »

Paradigmer wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:45 am
And it is important to note the 'current knowledge" you mentioned, is merely the subjective knowledge for its pragmatic theory of truth, which is not tantamount to the objective knowledge.

Any hypothesis extrapolated from a foundation that was based on an incorrect paradigm of reality would be fallacious at its best, this is despite its valid conclusions deduced in its abstract can be analytically true, and can also pragmatically work. Nonetheless, a fallaciously postulated paradigm of the cosmos, would inevitably flop under the law of noncontradiction in its epistemic theory of truth.

The 'current knowledge" as proposed with the mainstream modern physics in its paradigm of the cosmos, flopped on every aspect when scrutinized under the law of noncontradiction when referred to reality.
As far as I know the relativity theory , although it may not be an objective knowledge as you said , is a falsifiable theory and has not yet been falsified .
So I guess it is capable of affecting our ontological view point of universe , or our philosophical viewpoint of existence , and the outcome would be just a philosophical opinion (if any) .

I guess the major anomaly arise from the change in the passage of time that's supposed to stop at light speed .
But time , besides being a supposedly fourth dimension , is the force - by its passage - for chains of causes and effects that are indispensable for any phenomenon in our lives and thus any kind of existence familiar to us.
So a new question occurs to our minds : do the meaning of existence change at light speed, at which the passage of time stops ?
How phenomena would happen in a 4 dimensional space (with no passage of time) , and how existence would be defined in that space ?
Paradigmer

Post by Paradigmer »

onglob wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:36 pm As far as I know the relativity theory , although it may not be an objective knowledge as you said , is a falsifiable theory and has not yet been falsified .
So I guess it is capable of affecting our ontological view point of universe , or our philosophical viewpoint of existence , and the outcome would be just a philosophical opinion (if any) .
The simple answer is "No".

ToR despite is a falsifiable theory, and its validations proven with independ experiments are unassailable, they were proven in the realm of its subjective reality.

And thus, it is not "capable of affecting our ontological view point of universe , or our philosophical viewpoint of existence". And the outcome would not "be just a philosophical opinion", but a subjective opinion.

None of the mainstream ToR propositions could withstand the scrutiny on the law of noncontradiction.

The validated pragmatic theory of truth with ToR nonetheless could be applicable in applied science, such as for GPS tracking.

As an example, you can check it out with this article on "The cognitive paradox fallacy in cosmic inflation on accelerated expansion of space", which when referred to reality, this hallmark experiment of ToR is nothing more than a physical paradox. You be your own judge.

Howsoever, don't let anything get into your way to explore the universe, for pragmatic theory of truth also has its value, and you might still be able to discover something out there. You just need to differentiate subjective reality from objective reality with whatever you endeavor to explore.
Cerveny

Post by Cerveny »

While reading this thread, I would like to remind that the mention of the (disputed) TR seems irrelevant. I believe we live in a 3D surface of a 4D condensing / crystallizing (growing) past. In the newly creating Planck time layer, which is being created by a quantum process ...
onglob

Post by onglob »

Cerveny wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:46 am While reading this thread, I would like to remind that the mention of the (disputed) TR seems irrelevant. I believe we live in a 3D surface of a 4D condensing / crystallizing (growing) past. In the newly creating Planck time layer, which is being created by a quantum process ...
TR or theory of relativity , suggests that the fourth dimension (or time) and the other three dimensions (or space) are not independent from each other , so depending on our location in space and our speed, the fourth dimension dilate or contract that infer the curvature of 3D space in an imaginary 4D space .
So I think TR is not irrelevant to the question .
Cerveny

Post by Cerveny »

onglob wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:10 pm
Cerveny wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:46 am While reading this thread, I would like to remind that the mention of the (disputed) TR seems irrelevant. I believe we live in a 3D surface of a 4D condensing / crystallizing (growing) past. In the newly creating Planck time layer, which is being created by a quantum process ...
TR or theory of relativity , suggests that the fourth dimension (or time) and the other three dimensions (or space) are not independent from each other , so depending on our location in space and our speed, the fourth dimension dilate or contract that infer the curvature of 3D space in an imaginary 4D space .
So I think TR is not irrelevant to the question .
Deformation of physical space (of ether structure) does not affect at the fact that we always live in the presence, on the top of time dimension, by quantum (live) process...
Cerveny

Post by Cerveny »

Cerveny wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:46 am While reading this thread, I would like to remind that the mention of the (disputed) TR seems irrelevant. I believe we live in a 3D surface of a 4D condensing / crystallizing (growing) past. In the newly creating Planck time layer, which is being condensing by a quantum process (interactions)...
Let me to add: The speed of this growth is in the order of c, which is obviously a major obstacle to speeds greater than c. Nothing can move faster than time ...