Aether it exists, or it doesn't.

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Aether it exists, or it doesn't.

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:22 pm
Age wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:52 amI have a MUCH BETTER explanation. But I also do NOT want you to adjust 'your beliefs', "accordingly". Unless, of course, you adjust to having NO 'beliefs', AT ALL.
uwot wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:24 amI'll start with you. I don't believe you. Now what?
Whilst you do not believe me, then there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that can change that BELIEF.
Isn't that a good thing?
"A good thing" in relation to 'what', EXACTLY?
uwot wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:22 pm Should I "adjust to having NO 'beliefs', AT ALL" or not?
If 'you' want to discover, learn, and/or understand more, or anew, then 'you' should adjust to having NO beliefs, AT ALL.

But 'you' are absolutely FREE to choose to do whatever 'you' want to do.

You also appear to have misunderstood me here, AGAIN. I think you should adjust to having NO beliefs BEFORE you listen to 'me' or "others" and NOT just adjust your beliefs, to another belief, accordingly, AFTER you listen to 'me' or "others".

But, AGAIN, 'you' are absolutely FREE to do whatever you want to do.
Age wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:52 amI have ALREADY LEARNED to NOT even bother wasting time to try to change "another's" BELIEF.
Have you given any thought to why you might be wasting your time?
YES.

WHY I AM wasting time is because WHILE 'you', human beings, are BELIEVING some 'thing' is true, then there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that can change that BELIEF. Even PROOF does NOT work, I have observed.
It's question I am asking myself at this very moment.
You can 'try to be' conscending while claiming that you are asking "yourself" that question, at this very moment, BUT I have informed you now of the very reason WHY.

Look, it is this SIMPLE, you BELIEVE some 'thing' is true here. So, even though I have the PROOF that what you BELIEV is true, is not even a possibility, let alone true at all, you are just NOT OPEN enough to SEEING this FACT.

IF you were even just a tiny fraction somewhat OPEN, then you would be somewhat 'curious'. You have SHOWN absolutely NO 'curiosity' AT ALL into ANY thing other than what you currently BELIEVE is true.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:52 am
uwot wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:32 am
Age wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:08 amYes.
Age wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:08 amNot necessarily.
Since you accept that red-shift is a genuine phenomenon, what alternative to the Doppler effect do you propose as a cause?
None.
Age wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:08 amNO.
Why is the expanding universe hypothesis untenable?
BECAUSE of HOW the Universe ACTUALLY WORKS.

'Theories' will NEVER substitute for ACTUALITY.
Age wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:08 amBy the way, you have just provided MORE PROOF of what your BELIEF IS.
I'm not hiding what my belief is. I believe the Big Bang hypothesis is the best explanation of galactic red-shift.
Yes, we KNOW, already.
uwot wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:32 am If you have a better explanation, I will adjust my beliefs accordingly.
I have a MUCH BETTER explanation. But I also do NOT want you to adjust 'your beliefs', "accordingly". Unless, of course, you adjust to having NO 'beliefs', AT ALL. That way you can learn and understand 'things' FAR QUICKER and MUCH BETTER.
Aside from dishonest behaviour like changing the meaning of the word "belief", using the royal plural, and lying that you know how the universe actually works, can you write down your "MUCH BETTER explanation"?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:53 am
Since you accept that red-shift is a genuine phenomenon, what alternative to the Doppler effect do you propose as a cause?
None.
uwot wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:32 am Why is the expanding universe hypothesis untenable?

uwot wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:32 am I'm not hiding what my belief is. I believe the Big Bang hypothesis is the best explanation of galactic red-shift.
Yes, we KNOW, already.
uwot wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:32 am If you have a better explanation, I will adjust my beliefs accordingly.
I have a MUCH BETTER explanation. But I also do NOT want you to adjust 'your beliefs', "accordingly". Unless, of course, you adjust to having NO 'beliefs', AT ALL. That way you can learn and understand 'things' FAR QUICKER and MUCH BETTER.
Aside from dishonest behaviour like changing the meaning of the word "belief",
For you to even begin to substantiate this CLAIM of yours here you would have to first KNOW, without doubt, what thee One and ONLY irrefutable and absolute meaning of the word 'belief' is, AND THEN, SHOW WHERE and HOW I have changed that "meaning".

So, if you want to begin;

First, provide the meaning of the word 'belief'.

Secondly, provide the meaning of the word 'belief' that I use, or have "changed" to.

We await your responses.
Atla wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:53 am using the royal plural,
I do NOT know what this is in reference to.
Atla wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:53 am and lying that you know how the universe actually works,
Do you have ANY ACTUAL PROOF for this CLAIM of YOURS here that I am "lying"?

If yes, then what is 'it'?
Atla wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:53 am can you write down your "MUCH BETTER explanation"?
YES, VERY EASILY and VERY SIMPLY.

'you', human beings, STILL do NOT get IT. But, AGAIN, this is because of your currently held BELIEFS.

You, like "others", have here ONLY asked me a yes or no question. And, you only ask these types of questions because you ACTUALLY BELIEVE that there is NO WAY KNOWN POSSIBLE that "age" could possibly know how the Universe works, correct?

I answer your questions Honestly, but YOUR BELIEFS make the ASSUMPTION that I am LYING.

It is like 'you', people, are Truly BLIND.

I suggest, ONCE AGAIN, obtain CLARITY BEFORE making ASSUMPTIONS or maintaining BELIEFS.

NONE of 'you' ask questions like, 'What is your explanation?', or, 'Will you write down your 'MUCH BETTER explanation?', but instead just write down questions, or far more often just write down statements EXPRESSING CLEARLY your OWN BELIEFS. ALL CURIOSITY is LOST and GONE, with just BELIEFS REMAINING.

I answered your question Honestly. So, where do you now want to take this from here?

SEE, unlike you people here, I can back up and support EVERY thing that I say and write here.

I just wait for those who are Truly CURIOUS and seek to CHALLENGE and/or QUESTION me.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:23 am

None.

Yes, we KNOW, already.

For you to even begin to substantiate this CLAIM of yours here you would have to first KNOW, without doubt, what thee One and ONLY irrefutable and absolute meaning of the word 'belief' is, AND THEN, SHOW WHERE and HOW I have changed that "meaning".

Secondly, provide the meaning of the word 'belief' that I use, or have "changed" to.

We await your responses.
Atla wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:53 am and lying that you know how the universe actually works,

Atla wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:53 am can you write down your "MUCH BETTER explanation"?

'you', human beings, STILL do NOT get IT. But, AGAIN, this is because of your currently held BELIEFS.

You, like "others", have here ONLY asked me a yes or no question. And, you only ask these types of questions because you ACTUALLY BELIEVE that there is NO WAY KNOWN POSSIBLE that "age" could possibly know how the Universe works, correct?

I answer your questions Honestly, but YOUR BELIEFS make the ASSUMPTION that I am LYING.

I suggest, ONCE AGAIN, obtain CLARITY BEFORE making ASSUMPTIONS or maintaining BELIEFS.

NONE of 'you' ask questions like, 'What is your explanation?', or, 'Will you write down your 'MUCH BETTER explanation?', but instead just write down questions, or far more often just write down statements EXPRESSING CLEARLY your OWN BELIEFS. ALL CURIOSITY is LOST and GONE, with just BELIEFS REMAINING.

I answered your question Honestly. So, where do you now want to take this from here?

SEE, unlike you people here, I can back up and support EVERY thing that I say and write here.

I just wait for those who are Truly CURIOUS and seek to CHALLENGE and/or QUESTION me.
Knew you couldn't do it, it was a lie as well.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:42 am

We await your responses.

LOL
LOL
LOL

And 'you', "atla", have just PROVEN, EXACTLY, what I have been saying and meaning.

'you' are STUCK in BELIEF, as can be CLEARLY SEEN in 'your' words here.

So, thank 'you'.

By the way, contrary to BELIEF I can do what I say, and I am STILL WAITING for those who are truly OPEN/CURIOUS.

So, for those Truly INTELLIGENT ones, just ask the CLARIFYING QUESTIONS.

Post by Age »

We await your responses.

Do you even read what I write?

The way you responded here is like; This is what that one is claiming, so I am going to respond in a way, which PROVES them Right.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:29 am

We await your responses.

The way you responded here is like; This is what that one is claiming, so I am going to respond in a way, which PROVES them Right.
This is also a lie (we are somewhere between 5-10 lies by now), you've proven me right about you, as usual.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:38 amIf 'you' want to discover, learn, and/or understand more, or anew, then 'you' should adjust to having NO beliefs, AT ALL.
Believing things isn't a problem in itself. The trick is to accept that your beliefs are provisional and must be subject to change in the light of new information. There was a famous philosopher called David Hume who highlighted 'the problem of induction'. In a nutshell, the argument is that no amount of data can prove a proposition; the classic example being 'All swans are white.' There is no harm in believing that all swans are white, so long as you are prepared to change your belief once you are introduced to black swans. Any competent philosopher or scientist knows this, and while many tenaciously hang on to beliefs that others discard without a second thought, it is only nutcases who insist they know the truth.
Age wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:38 amYou also appear to have misunderstood me here, AGAIN. I think you should adjust to having NO beliefs BEFORE you listen to 'me' or "others" and NOT just adjust your beliefs, to another belief, accordingly, AFTER you listen to 'me' or "others".
Have no fear: I am confident that I will not adjust my beliefs after I listen to you. But until you give me something to listen to, we'll never know.
Age wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:38 amLook, it is this SIMPLE, you BELIEVE some 'thing' is true here. So, even though I have the PROOF that what you BELIEV is true, is not even a possibility, let alone true at all, you are just NOT OPEN enough to SEEING this FACT.

IF you were even just a tiny fraction somewhat OPEN, then you would be somewhat 'curious'. You have SHOWN absolutely NO 'curiosity' AT ALL into ANY thing other than what you currently BELIEVE is true.
It is cowardly to blame everyone but yourself for the lack of interest. How can you know who is "OPEN enough to SEEING this FACT" if you can't tell them what your "PROOF" is?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:46 am
Age wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:29 am

This is also a lie (we are somewhere between 5-10 lies by now), you've proven me right about you, as usual.
LOL

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in what I said there that COULD EVEN be a 'lie'.

This can be PROVEN by the ACTUAL WORDS I USED.

The first sentence was just a question. So, that could NOT be a 'lie'.

The second sentence was just a, 'is like'. Therefore, that could NOT be a 'lie' also.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:23 amBy the way, contrary to BELIEF I can do what I say, and I am STILL WAITING for those who are truly OPEN/CURIOUS.

Clarifying questions about what? You haven't proposed anything that requires clarification. If you genuinely believe you have something worthwhile to share with humanity, you should start your own thread and outline this fabulous truth of yours. That way people will have something to ask clarifying questions about.

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:59 am
Age wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:38 amIf 'you' want to discover, learn, and/or understand more, or anew, then 'you' should adjust to having NO beliefs, AT ALL.
Believing things isn't a problem in itself.
WHY NOT?

Just answer this clarifying question Honestly; Would you believe something is true if it was NOT true, to you?

if you are believing something to be true, then OBVIOUSLY you would NOT be OPEN to anything opposing nor contrary to that 'thing', which you believe is true, correct?

And, if you are NOT OPEN, then how could you learn?
uwot wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:59 am The trick is to accept that your beliefs are provisional and must be subject to change in the light of new information.
If there is, supposedly, not a problem in itself, then WHY would you need a 'trick'?

Also, I do NOT need a trick because there is NO "your beliefs" in relation to 'me'. This is because I do NOT have ANY beliefs.

If you are going to CHANGE anyway, if new information comes along, then WHY 'believe' some 'thing' in the first place. Also, if what is being believed CAN CHANGE with 'new information', then what is being BELIEVED was NOT 'right' and 'untrue' in the first place. So, again, WHY 'believe' some 'thing', which was NOT even true, in the first place.
uwot wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:59 am There was a famous philosopher called David Hume who highlighted 'the problem of induction'. In a nutshell, the argument is that no amount of data can prove a proposition; the classic example being 'All swans are white.'
A Truly INTELLIGENT/OPEN person would NEVER make such a Truly RIDICULOUS CLAIM/PROPOSITION as this. AND, I am getting sick and tired of 'you', adult human beings, NOT being able to LOOK AT and SEE 'things' one your own, and instead continually using "others" to FOLLOW.

OF COURSE, NO amount of data could prove THAT PROPOSITION. That IRRATIONAL PROPOSITION that "All swans are white" just PROVES how narrowed and short sighted looking SOME human beings REALLY ARE. There are, OF COURSE, countless other PROPOSITIONS/CLAIMS that can be PROVEN with data. Or, can you REALLY NOT SEE this?
uwot wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:59 am There is no harm in believing that all swans are white, so long as you are prepared to change your belief once you are introduced to black swans.
The ABSOLUTE ABSURDNESS and RIDICULOUS of this statement, CLAIM, and PROPOSITION speaks for itself. Surely, and hopefully, I do NOT need to POINT THIS OUT?

WHY 'believe' some thing is true if it may not be anyway?

WHY 'believe' ANY thing?

Do 'you' even KNOW WHY 'you' BELIEVE 'things', in the first place? There OBVIOUSLY is ABSOLUTELY NO need to.

But, like a LOT of the Wrong things 'you', adult human beings, do, 'you' will 'try to' justify or rationalize this behavior, and so will say just about ANY thing to 'try to' "reason out" the 'things' that 'you' do.
uwot wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:59 am Any competent philosopher or scientist knows this, and while many tenaciously hang on to beliefs that others discard without a second thought, it is only nutcases who insist they know the truth.
Here is ANOTHER BELIEF of 'yours' that you will TENACIOUSLY hang onto, while "others" will SEE CLEARLY and do discard it COMPLETELY.

If you want to BELIEVE that you know NOTHING at all, then go right on ahead and BELIEVE this is true.
Age wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:38 amYou also appear to have misunderstood me here, AGAIN. I think you should adjust to having NO beliefs BEFORE you listen to 'me' or "others" and NOT just adjust your beliefs, to another belief, accordingly, AFTER you listen to 'me' or "others".
Have no fear: I am confident that I will not adjust my beliefs after I listen to you. But until you give me something to listen to, we'll never know.
LOL My point PROVEN. That is; you will NOT adjust your currently TENACIOUSLY held onto BELIEFS.

And, as I POINTED OUT EARLIER, I am NOT wasting time giving you ANY thing while you REMAIN COMPLETELY CLOSED. As you are PROVING to be here.

I KNOW when 'you' are OPEN, or NOT. So, I will only share how I have a MUCH BETTER EXPLANATION than that OBVIOUSLY False, Wrong, Inaccurate, and Incorrect explanation, which you BELIEVE is the BEST ONE, when 'you' SHOW signs of BEING OPEN.

And at the rate 'you' are going, may be NEVER, for 'you'.
Age wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:38 amLook, it is this SIMPLE, you BELIEVE some 'thing' is true here. So, even though I have the PROOF that what you BELIEV is true, is not even a possibility, let alone true at all, you are just NOT OPEN enough to SEEING this FACT.

It is cowardly to blame everyone but yourself for the lack of interest.
But there is NO "blame" from 'me'. I am just EXPLAINING WHY 'you', adult human beings, LACK INTEREST and as such are CLOSED.

I ALREADY KNOW EXACTLY WHY there is NO interest from 'you', adult human beings. So, there is NOTHING to "blame", but there is LOTS to 'explain'.
uwot wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:59 am How can you know who is "OPEN enough to SEEING this FACT" if you can't tell them what your "PROOF" is?
WHERE is this ABSURD and RIDICULOUS PROPOSITION/CLAIM coming from that I can NOT tell what my 'PROOF' is?

WHY do 'you' BELIEVE such a thing?

I can VERY EASILY and VERY SIMPLY tell you what my 'PROOF' is. I am just WAITING for 'you' to become OPEN ENOUGH.

I am CERTAINLY in NO rush, and CERTAINLY have NO 'need' to 'PROVE" ANY thing. So, I just, ALWAYS, wait, PATIENTLY.

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:07 am
Age wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:23 amBy the way, contrary to BELIEF I can do what I say, and I am STILL WAITING for those who are truly OPEN/CURIOUS.

Clarifying questions about what?
Are you joking here?

You wrote; "I believe the Big Bang hypothesis is the best explanation of galactic red-shift. If you have a better explanation, ..."

To which I replied, and CLAIMED; 'I have a MUCH BETTER explanation.'

That is 'WHAT'.

Had you REALLY forgotten?
uwot wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:07 am You haven't proposed anything that requires clarification.
Are you here saying that when I PROPOSE that, 'I have a MUCH BETTER explanation, than the explanation, which you BELIEVE is the BEST explanation', that I REALLY have NOT proposed ANY thing that requires clarification?
uwot wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:07 am If you genuinely believe you have something worthwhile to share with humanity, you should start your own thread and outline this fabulous truth of yours.
'you', adult human beings, REALLY are MORE BLIND and MORE DEAF that I realized.

LISTEN and SEE this; I do NOT believe ANY thing.

THEREFORE, I could NOT possibly "genuinely believe" what you PROPOSED and CLAIMED here.
uwot wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:07 am That way people will have something to ask clarifying questions about.
I made the CLAIM and the PROPOSITION that I have a MUCH BETTER explanation than that explanation, which you BELIEVE is the BEST explanation, and you REALLY can NOT YET SEE that that is something to ask clarifying questions about.

The BLINDNESS displayed because of BELIEFS is just PURE BRILLIANCE.

If ANY one CLAIMED to have a BETTER explanation than ANY explanation I PROPOSED, then the FIRST thing I would do IS ASK CLARIFYING QUESTION/S.

How much MORE BLATANTLY OBVIOUS could I make things here?

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:07 am

Clarifying questions about what?

You haven't proposed anything that requires clarification.
I have even CLEARLY WRITTEN;
I have the PROOF that what you BELIEVE is true, is not even a possibility, let alone true at all.

"uwot"

If this is NOT BLATANTLY OBVIOUS in regards to 'what' NEEDS to be asked clarifying questions about, or is NOT ANY thing that I have PROPOSED, and which requires clarification, then I do NOT KNOW what else or MORE I could PROVIDE 'you'.

'you' appear to just be completely and utterly ABSOLUTELY BLIND and DEAF here.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:54 amJust answer this clarifying question Honestly; Would you believe something is true if it was NOT true, to you?
Would I believe something is true that I don't believe is true? No.
Age wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:54 amif you are believing something to be true, then OBVIOUSLY you would NOT be OPEN to anything opposing nor contrary to that 'thing', which you believe is true, correct?
Incorrect. What you fail to appreciate about us human beings is that not all of us are mental. Some of us are reasonably bright, not by your standards of course, and we can admit that we were wrong. Take me for example: I used to believe in Father Christmas. More recently, I used to believe that gravity would slow the expansion of the universe, and that a Big Crunch was a real possibility. I now think that unlikely, because of the red-shift that you acknowledge is a genuine phenomenon:
Age wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:08 am
uwot wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:11 amSo: Red-shift is a genuine phenomenon.
Yes.
That's all most people mean by belief: saying something is a genuine phenomenon is the same as saying you believe it. The fact that you might change your mind is not the same as disbelief.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:23 pmIf this is NOT BLATANTLY OBVIOUS in regards to 'what' NEEDS to be asked clarifying questions about, or is NOT ANY thing that I have PROPOSED, and which requires clarification, then I do NOT KNOW what else or MORE I could PROVIDE 'you'.
Well, the blatantly obvious question to me is 'What is that proof?'
Age wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:23 pm'you' appear to just be completely and utterly ABSOLUTELY BLIND and DEAF here.
Then show me or tell me something that will open my eyes and ears. If I am sick and you have the cure, what sort of rascal are you that keeps it to yourself?