Point Zero Tunneling and "Time" Mining

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Point Zero Tunneling and "Time" Mining

Post by Arising_uk »

attofishpi wrote:
A belief in anything is a faith.
No it's not. Faith is pretty much a belief without evidence(although one can argue about what "evidence" entails).
Really? Even after I cut you down to the binary conclusion which you refused to answer in a discussion about the reason we would evolve into a simulation, where entropy has reached a critical level. Yep, I wished I had thread recorded that one, go on, tell me you don't remember yet again.
Well you apparently didn't believe me the first time so why would I try again? Tell you what give me the gist of it or even give me this conclusion although I'm confused how to answer a conclusion, binary or not and a bit puzzled it is one if it has two results? No idea what a critical level of entropy could be, nor what you mean by "entropy" when you use it?
The only answer you were left with was a positive YES, that we would evolve into a simulation, 'God' would be the AI construct behind what we perceive as reality. ...
If you mean that if we were in an ancestor sim then there would be a substrate with presumably an operating system and software to run the sim and then there'd be the creator of the whole lot, any of which we could call 'God' I'd kind of agree, so which one is your 'God'?
Why you think it has to be an A.I. no idea?
Keep up with your foolish belief in atheism though - well done.
I don't have a belief in atheism, I just have an absence of belief in theism or any of the other religious -isms that have an interfering 'God'.
We all hear voices in our head, that is where we understand consciousness to be. ...
Do we? Although bit confused here, do you mean consciousness resides in our head or that it consists of voices in our head. Also by 'consciousness' do you mean self-consciousness or just consciousness? Either way I'd disagree as 'it' is the being of a body with senses, memory and language in an external world and it is not just having a language as to me that is thinking whereas thought comes first.
If the voices were irrational jiberish, then I'd agree that my brain is farting at me. ...
But so far all you've described are one or two word utterances from your voices which you rationalise by pattern association with another event. Hardly rational conversation.
In internet support you deal with a lot of usernames, certainly not ones constructed as sentences.
I've done IT support and the examples you gave are not usernames that a user would come up with as they would not use the underscore, you've put these in. What they would do is make one word out of a short memorable, to them, phrase so your examples would not be uncommon it's just that in these cases your subconscious has decided to pattern match in tune with your rationalised beliefs about the voices you hear.
Strange ultimately you are such a fool.
I forgive you as I understand.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

attofishpi wrote:Atheist philosophy is a contradiction in terms. ...
And theist philosophy is just theology which by my definition of what philosophy entails is not Philosophy.
If you wish to debate the above, parley here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28153&p=438840#p438840
No thanks as it'll just be more theology.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:16 pm Atheist philosophy is a contradiction in terms.
I've not heard of atheist philosophy. What is that?

Here are some definitions of philosophy. Nowhere is there any indication that philosophy must be classified as theist or atheist... so that's something foolish and/or dishonest that you're adding on (as usual). How can you pursue wisdom when you're so full of noise and distortions?

PHILOSOPHY...

1) the rational investigation of the truths and principles of being, knowledge, or conduct.
2) any of the three branches, namely natural philosophy, moral philosophy, and metaphysical philosophy, that are accepted as composing this study.
3) a particular system of thought based on such study or investigation.
4) the critical study of the basic principles and concepts of a particular branch of knowledge, especially with a view to improving or reconstituting them.
5) a system of principles for guidance in practical affairs.
6) an attitude of rationality, patience, composure, and calm in the presence of troubles or annoyances.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

I apologise for calling you a fool Arising - time for me to sober up.

Perhaps I'm the biggest SAP on the forum...certainly, getting the answers from the system via so much suffering is not something that I want to risk again - in other words, i'd prefer to be dead for the rest of eternity than be reborn wiped clean and have to endure that all over. The alternative suits me though.

But of course, reincarnation is poppycock! :wink:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Arising - I'm not sure why I'm pressing on with this, there is pretty much nothing for me to gain, but pain! (always on the back foot attempting to prove or at the least defend what is not apparently obvious).
Arising_uk wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:58 pm
attofishpi wrote:
A belief in anything is a faith.
No it's not. Faith is pretty much a belief without evidence(although one can argue about what "evidence" entails).

But so far all you've described are one or two word utterances from your voices which you rationalise by pattern association with another event. Hardly rational conversation.
RE: pattern association - It may not seem rational, but the context I placed it within and comprehending the entity that I am talking about should make it plainly obvious as to the rationality of it.

Screw it.