Effect of human activity on climate change is insignificant

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker
Posts: 6845
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Dialogue, not monologue

Post by Walker » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:09 am

Lacewing wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:18 pm
Walker wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:59 pm
Two sides of an issue from one person is a monologue.
No it's not, Sherlock. It's showing that one person takes more into consideration than one limited set of extreme views. They can still have a discussion about all of the issues. Comprehend? No, of course you don't. You focus on two sides to argue over, and of course "your side" is the "right side". :lol: Do you seriously not see how primitive that is? No, of course you don't. You're not worth having a discussion with because of that. Whereas, if you could get off the extreme positions you like to slobber over, then you might be closer to discussing a broader reality than your limited one. Why would anyone care about your limited reality and dealing with the ignorance that creates it?
That's the point.

You don't show that you take more into consideration.

You don't discuss any issue.

For instance, you have not presented any pov concerning this thread topic.

You have only asserted that good presentations cannot be right, because lots of people have lots of viewpoints.
Of course, in the realm of rational dialogue, that's absurd.
In the realm of just making noise, you're right on target.

Your perpetual topic is the people who are discussing the thread topic.

You really have nothing to say about the topic, do you.

If you in fact do have something of substance to contribute, then let's hear it.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Dialogue, not monologue

Post by Lacewing » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:35 pm

Walker wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:09 am
You don't discuss any issue.
Lying comes so easy for you.
Walker wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:09 am
For instance, you have not presented any pov concerning this thread topic.
People often don't present povs, rather they comment on the absurdities that are being said. And you provide much to comment on in that regard. It's part of the process. Someone says something inaccurate or stupid, and others point out that it's inaccurate or stupid.

I do not claim to KNOW HOW MUCH of an effect human activity has on climate change, but climate change appears to be a huge issue that we need to be aware of and prepared for. Sniveling over whether human activity is "significant" or not, when there's little evidence of you knowing anything, and you're doing it because of your blind babbling political leaning... is stupid and provokes the kind of feedback you get.

As I've said, if you can get off of your extremist, manipulated-mind positions, and show that you can think more broadly, your presentations, themselves, would be much more compelling and accurate. Otherwise, you only inspire people to point out what's inaccurate and stupid.

Walker
Posts: 6845
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Effect of human activity on climate change is insignificant

Post by Walker » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:44 pm

But you don't even do that.

You simply say that something is stupid.

You don't say why it is stupid, other than, lot's of people think lots of different things.

Simply saying something is stupid, without proof of reasoning or facts, is stupid, and I just told you why.

You called me a liar, without reasoning, without facts.

Therefore, you are stupid.

And once again you are off topic, discussing people rather than the topic.

This is because you are uninformed, devoid of facts, and your ability to reason is deficient, if not nil.

You just make noise.

So prove me wrong, and btw, simply saying I'm wrong is not proof.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Effect of human activity on climate change is insignificant

Post by Lacewing » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:26 pm

Walker wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:44 pm
You provide the evidence right here in writing...in ways that the lying and stupidity are obvious. I would expect you to chuckle over being called out, but you puff up and ask for proof. When attempts have been made to give you more information (by myself and others), you side-step or reject what should easily be obvious. So it seems more efficient to just make the observation that you're lying or being stupid. All you have to do is observe and question yourself and what you say. Apparently, that's a foreign concept to you. Inconsistency and mental rigidity is easy to see and pointless to take seriously -- therefore, you most definitely shouldn't be taking yourself seriously.

Walker
Posts: 6845
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Effect of human activity on climate change is insignificant

Post by Walker » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:38 pm

Blah blah. You still haven't said a thing.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Effect of human activity on climate change is insignificant

Post by Lacewing » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:57 pm

Walker wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:38 pm
Blah blah. You still haven't said a thing.
:lol: The irony!

Walker
Posts: 6845
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Effect of human activity on climate change is insignificant

Post by Walker » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:02 pm

Even that comment is worthless.
No reasoning, no examples, no facts, no proof.

Just noise.

You confuse acting like a clown with a sense of humour, and you don't know the first thing about irony.

You have not yet made one posting about the thread topic. You've only voiced your worthless opinions about people. You sound like a real gossip.

Shape up or ship out.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Effect of human activity on climate change is insignificant

Post by Lacewing » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:08 pm

Walker wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:02 pm
Even that comment is worthless.
No reasoning, no examples, no facts, no proof.

Just noise.
:lol: Ah, more of it. :lol:

So much of his own reasoning, examples, facts, and proof emanating from his noise.

Walker
Posts: 6845
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Effect of human activity on climate change is insignificant

Post by Walker » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:15 pm

The evidence is in the thread. Lots of reasoning, links, facts, from myself and HQ, none of which have been addressed.

Noise and distractions from you.
You're a waste of time.

That is the reasoning, that is the evidence.

Get out of the thread.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Effect of human activity on climate change is insignificant

Post by Lacewing » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:24 pm

Walker wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:15 pm
The evidence is in the thread.
Yes, it is. You see and ignore things as it suits you. People don't have to speak and think the way you do.

Basically, it’s not my job to provide proof to you (or anyone being a hard-nosed extremist) of the stupidity in the things they say. I offer feedback which is often “there is more to consider than THAT small-minded and extreme view you’re intoxicated with” –- and I may offer some examples -- but it’s then up to you to take the feedback you receive (especially when you receive a lot of it from various people) and learn your own lessons. If you are too hard-nosed and intoxicated to hear, see, or understand how you can learn anything new, then that’s your problem, and you are standing in the way of your own required proof.

Nick_A
Posts: 4257
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Effect of human activity on climate change is insignificant

Post by Nick_A » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:30 pm

Walker wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:46 pm
The article doesn't deny that climate changes.

It says that mans' effect on climate is insignificant.

You might want to work on those reading comprehension skills.
Man's effect may be insignificant but not a woman's. Prof Shmidlap from Lapland in a recent study concluded that because women talked more than men, their exhalations produced more Co2 and other gasses harmful to the planet, He went on to say if women reduced their talking by 50% climate change may no longer be problem. Men have to support women in their noble attempt to save the planet once they have seen the light..

Atla
Posts: 2490
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Effect of human activity on climate change is insignificant

Post by Atla » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:42 pm

There's no warming, looks like it's getting colder actually. Maybe we're headed for the next Ice Age.
Okay maybe it's not getting colder, but it's definitely not getting warmer either. The weather is same as usual.
Okay maybe it's getting a bit warmer, but humans have nothing to do with it. Will get colder again soon enough.
Okay maybe humans have something to do with it and it won't simply get colder again, but it's really not serious at all.
Okay maybe it's serious but that's fine too, the next generation will come up with something to fix it.
Okay maybe the next generation won't come up with something to fix it, but that's fine because we can just colonize another planet.

Okay so we totally can't just colonize another planet. I've been saying from the start that we are screwed, so why didn't anyone listen? Well at any rate, I'm definitely not at fault here.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Effect of human activity on climate change is insignificant

Post by Lacewing » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:49 pm

Atla wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:42 pm
There's no warming, looks like it's getting colder actually. Maybe we're headed for the next Ice Age.
Okay maybe it's not getting colder, but it's definitely not getting warmer either. The weather is same as usual.
Okay maybe it's getting a bit warmer, but humans have nothing to do with it. Will get colder again soon enough.
Okay maybe humans have something to do with it and it won't simply get colder again, but it's really not serious at all.
Okay maybe it's serious but that's fine too, the next generation will come up with something to fix it.
Okay maybe the next generation won't come up with something to fix it, but that's fine because we can just colonize another planet.

Okay so we totally can't just colonize another planet. I've been saying from the start that we are screwed, so why didn't anyone listen? Well at any rate, I'm definitely not at fault here.
Brilliant and hilarious! :lol:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests