The speed of light

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
bahman
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

The speed of light

Post by bahman » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:05 pm

The speed of light is a speed at which all events are observed simultaneously. I am wondering why this speed is finite.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 3085
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: The speed of light

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:12 am


gaffo
Posts: 1636
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: The speed of light

Post by gaffo » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:17 am

bahman wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:05 pm
The speed of light is a speed at which all events are observed simultaneously. I am wondering why this speed is finite.
"simultaneously"???????

speed of light - in a vacuum is 186k per second.

no matter - nor energy can move faster than that in a vacuum.

space expansion can (and all matter/energy in that space will move (sitting on the space) faster than 186k/sec) - at Event horizon's and edge of visible (WRT- us) universe (sphere edge of Observable Universe (Universe's event Horizon (WRT- us).

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: The speed of light

Post by bahman » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:27 pm

gaffo wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:17 am
bahman wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:05 pm
The speed of light is a speed at which all events are observed simultaneously. I am wondering why this speed is finite.
"simultaneously"???????
Yes. Time stops in a reference frame which moves with speed of light so all events are seen simultaneously.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: The speed of light

Post by bahman » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:30 pm

Basically the speed at which everything is seen simultaneously should be infinite.

gaffo
Posts: 1636
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: The speed of light

Post by gaffo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:17 am

bahman wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:27 pm
gaffo wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:17 am
bahman wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:05 pm
The speed of light is a speed at which all events are observed simultaneously. I am wondering why this speed is finite.
"simultaneously"???????
Yes. Time stops in a reference frame which moves with speed of light so all events are seen simultaneously.
yes and how we learned that that that neutrons have mass - back in the 70's.

your point?

gaffo
Posts: 1636
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: The speed of light

Post by gaffo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:18 am

bahman wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:30 pm
Basically the speed at which everything is seen simultaneously should be infinite.
?????? what is your point/clarity it please.

I've no clue........

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: The speed of light

Post by bahman » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:50 pm

gaffo wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:17 am
bahman wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:27 pm
gaffo wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:17 am

"simultaneously"???????
Yes. Time stops in a reference frame which moves with speed of light so all events are seen simultaneously.
yes and how we learned that that that neutrons have mass - back in the 70's.

your point?
Neutron? What you are talking about?

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: The speed of light

Post by bahman » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:24 pm

gaffo wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:18 am
bahman wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:30 pm
Basically the speed at which everything is seen simultaneously should be infinite.
?????? what is your point/clarity it please.

I've no clue........
Because that is the speed that is constant in all frame of references.

RickLewis
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:07 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: The speed of light

Post by RickLewis » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:27 pm

bahman wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:50 pm

Neutron? What you are talking about?
Possibly it's a typo and gaffo meant to say neutrinos?

gaffo
Posts: 1636
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: The speed of light

Post by gaffo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:09 pm

bahman wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:50 pm
gaffo wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:17 am
bahman wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:27 pm

Yes. Time stops in a reference frame which moves with speed of light so all events are seen simultaneously.
yes and how we learned that that that neutrons have mass - back in the 70's.

your point?
Neutron? What you are talking about?
nutrenos - misstype last week.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 3085
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: The speed of light

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:23 pm

bahman wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:24 pm
gaffo wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:18 am
bahman wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:30 pm
Basically the speed at which everything is seen simultaneously should be infinite.
?????? what is your point/clarity it please.

I've no clue........
Because that is the speed that is constant in all frame of references.
Yeah, light forms the reference frame with the reference frame being determined by other frames as a frame in and of itself.

Light must be both simultaneous and have relatively different speeds.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests