Is our universe alone?

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Is our universe alone?

Post by Age »

A_Seagull wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:38 pm
Age wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:36 pm
A_Seagull wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:49 am

Something that might demonstrate that the above statement was false?
Well, I AM completely OPEN, so would you like to now demonstrate HOW My statement could be or was false?

Remember if i neither believe nor disbelieve ANY thing, then that means i also would NOT believe, nor disbelieve, the above statement.
Presumably you believe that you neither believe nor disbelieve anything. Which is self-contradictory.
But your view/belief is only a presumption. Therefore, it is NOT necessarily what IS true.

Post by Age »

TimeSeeker wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:00 pm
Age wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:31 pm
TimeSeeker wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:19 am
Well, I know I am a terrible teacher, but I am a fast learner.
What does 'autodidact' mean to you?
How do you define 'autodidact'?
TimeSeeker wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:19 am And you couldn’t teach me anything.
The way you can NOT comprehend expressly clearly written things is obvious to me that I can NOT teach you any thing. So, what you wrote here does NOT surprise me at all.

I have on a few occasions told you already that I am NOT here to TEACH nor convince any one, any thing, including YOU. I will tell you ONCE AGAIN, let us see if you can comprehend this time. I am HERE, in this forum, to LEARN, how to communicate better. Can you comprehend that NOW?

I could NOT teach you any thing because I am NOT even trying to teach you any thing.

I WANT to LEARN from you, every one, here, NOT TEACH.

Just what i WANT to LEARN is NOT what you might want to teach me nor what you are THINKING/ASSUMING i want to LEARN.
TimeSeeker wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:19 amSo you are no better teacher than me...
I NEVER even conceived of that idea, let alone could have even remotely expressed any thing like that.

Really, WHAT does 'autodidact' actually mean, to you?
You couldn’t understand “autodidact”.
And you come across as the most superior of ALL.
TimeSeeker wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:00 pmIt was expressly and clearly written, so you aren’t better off in the learning department...
How you define ANY words is NEVER expressly NOR clearly written, so NO one is actually any wiser in KNOWING what you ACTUALLY mean. So, I for one am NOT better off in the learning department, that is; in the department of 'YOUR UNDERSTANDING' of things.
TimeSeeker wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:00 pmAnd we have ourselves a catch 22 situation because at the very least you have to teach me what you want to learn. Tricky business this communication.
I have ALREADY on numerous occasions TOLD you. You are just incapable of comprehending what I say. I will SAY it again.

I want to LEARN, HOW TO COMMUNICATE BETTER.

I can NOT teach any easier and simpler than that.
A_Seagull

Post by A_Seagull »

Age wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:30 pm
Age wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Well, I AM completely OPEN, so would you like to now demonstrate HOW My statement could be or was false?

Remember if i neither believe nor disbelieve ANY thing, then that means i also would NOT believe, nor disbelieve, the above statement.
Presumably you believe that you neither believe nor disbelieve anything. Which is self-contradictory.
But your view/belief is only a presumption. Therefore, it is NOT necessarily what IS true.
There is no truth other than what is presumed to be true.
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Age wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:37 pm
TimeSeeker wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:00 pm
Age wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:31 pm

What does 'autodidact' mean to you?
How do you define 'autodidact'?

The way you can NOT comprehend expressly clearly written things is obvious to me that I can NOT teach you any thing. So, what you wrote here does NOT surprise me at all.

I have on a few occasions told you already that I am NOT here to TEACH nor convince any one, any thing, including YOU. I will tell you ONCE AGAIN, let us see if you can comprehend this time. I am HERE, in this forum, to LEARN, how to communicate better. Can you comprehend that NOW?

I could NOT teach you any thing because I am NOT even trying to teach you any thing.

I WANT to LEARN from you, every one, here, NOT TEACH.

Just what i WANT to LEARN is NOT what you might want to teach me nor what you are THINKING/ASSUMING i want to LEARN.

I NEVER even conceived of that idea, let alone could have even remotely expressed any thing like that.

Really, WHAT does 'autodidact' actually mean, to you?
You couldn’t understand “autodidact”.
And you come across as the most superior of ALL.
TimeSeeker wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:00 pmIt was expressly and clearly written, so you aren’t better off in the learning department...
How you define ANY words is NEVER expressly NOR clearly written, so NO one is actually any wiser in KNOWING what you ACTUALLY mean. So, I for one am NOT better off in the learning department, that is; in the department of 'YOUR UNDERSTANDING' of things.
TimeSeeker wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:00 pmAnd we have ourselves a catch 22 situation because at the very least you have to teach me what you want to learn. Tricky business this communication.
I have ALREADY on numerous occasions TOLD you. You are just incapable of comprehending what I say. I will SAY it again.

I want to LEARN, HOW TO COMMUNICATE BETTER.

I can NOT teach any easier and simpler than that.
I don’t understand what you are saying.

Maybe you need to learn to communicate better?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Age wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:39 am Since this thread came from another thread. The same issue still remains; What is the actual definition of the thing being talked about?

The 'thing' being discussed in this thread is the 'Universe'. So, what is the definition of the 'Universe'. When the RIGHT definition is found/given, then the RIGHT answer to the question WILL BE KNOWN.

HOW we will KNOW if we have the 'right' definitions and answers IS when there is NO thing in disagreement with those definitions AND answers. They will be RIGHT because they ALL fit together perfectly to form a perfectly very easy and simply understood and explained 'picture' of the real thing.

So, what is the RIGHT definition for the 'Universe'?

You WILL KNOW when you have the RIGHT answer.

If you would like a suggestion, the I am more than willing to provide one.
I would be interested in your definition of "universe." For me the definition is everything existing as a unity within ONE. Uni means one and verse relates to the word diversity.

In the Bible universe is described as "I AM." I is the conscious whole within which the diversity of AM interacts at its lawful levels of reality.

Post by Age »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:28 am
Age wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:39 am Since this thread came from another thread. The same issue still remains; What is the actual definition of the thing being talked about?

The 'thing' being discussed in this thread is the 'Universe'. So, what is the definition of the 'Universe'. When the RIGHT definition is found/given, then the RIGHT answer to the question WILL BE KNOWN.

HOW we will KNOW if we have the 'right' definitions and answers IS when there is NO thing in disagreement with those definitions AND answers. They will be RIGHT because they ALL fit together perfectly to form a perfectly very easy and simply understood and explained 'picture' of the real thing.

So, what is the RIGHT definition for the 'Universe'?

You WILL KNOW when you have the RIGHT answer.

If you would like a suggestion, the I am more than willing to provide one.
I would be interested in your definition of "universe." For me the definition is everything existing as a unity within ONE. Uni means one and verse relates to the word diversity.
I could not agree more.

The diversity of every thing (two words to describe absolutely every (single diverse) thing) when brought together or united IS and, literally, becomes everything (one word) as, and within, One.

If that definition is a rough enough definition for now, then obviously the Universe is One and thus IS alone. There, literally, can NOT be any thing above, beyond, or outside of Everything, which can also be known as ALL-THERE-IS.
Nick_A wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:28 amIn the Bible universe is described as "I AM." I is the conscious whole within which the diversity of AM interacts at its lawful levels of reality.
I could not agree more, here also.

The way I read the bible the Creator of the Universe IS Itself. Seeing how the Universe is obviously eternal and infinite, then It is the One Creator. And, also obviously by the way the Universe actually works It is thee Creator too. The 'I', in the invisible to the human eye sense, is the Spiritual God talked about in the bible. As the Universe is fundamentally made up of two things, they being matter and space, space being obviously that invisible to the human eye part and matter being that obviously seen with human eyes is the physical, BOTH co-exist together as One - The Creator. How is every physical form created? Through the interaction of physical matter. In this obviously seen by human eye sense ALL physical parts of the Universe is the Creator, sometimes referred to as the Creator God. Obviously when two things interact together that is an action, which obviously creates a reaction, and that reaction IS creation. Always has, always will be, and always IS, happening NOW in an evolving-creation. Absolutely every (individual diverse) thing IS created, and, is always evolving as and within the One Everything. Matter can NOT freely move without space so the empty distance between ALL physical objects of matter is needed for Creation, Itself, to exist. The Universe, Itself IS the Creator of Its Self. Always IS forever-NOW. Matter without space is an unchangeable form. Space without matter is no thing, and as one is nothing. Therefore, BOTH space and matter have NEEDED to co-exist forever for Creation, to be Creating, Its Self.

That is just a tiny snippet of my clumsy writings, of which I am continually learning to communicate better. There are countless of other ways to rearrange words so that the actual TRUE, RIGHT and CORRECT absolute picture of HOW exactly ALL-THERE-IS works and exists can be shared, and thus come into agreement with EVERY one as One. But this forum obviously is certainly NOT the place for that, yet.

Post by Age »

A_Seagull wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:40 am

Are you suggesting that whatever is presumed to be true IS the only TRUTH?
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Age wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:36 pm

There are many truths.

Which begs a question: having a choice of 10000 truths, how do you CHOOSE one?

You know - like religions.

Which truth is most true?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:35 pm The way I read the bible the Creator of the Universe IS Itself. Seeing how the Universe is obviously eternal and infinite, then It is the One Creator. And, also obviously by the way the Universe actually works It is thee Creator too. The 'I', in the invisible to the human eye sense, is the Spiritual God talked about in the bible. As the Universe is fundamentally made up of two things, they being matter and space, space being obviously that invisible to the human eye part and matter being that obviously seen with human eyes is the physical, BOTH co-exist together as One - The Creator. How is every physical form created? Through the interaction of physical matter. In this obviously seen by human eye sense ALL physical parts of the Universe is the Creator, sometimes referred to as the Creator God. Obviously when two things interact together that is an action, which obviously creates a reaction, and that reaction IS creation. Always has, always will be, and always IS, happening NOW in an evolving-creation. Absolutely every (individual diverse) thing IS created, and, is always evolving as and within the One Everything. Matter can NOT freely move without space so the empty distance between ALL physical objects of matter is needed for Creation, Itself, to exist. The Universe, Itself IS the Creator of Its Self. Always IS forever-NOW. Matter without space is an unchangeable form. Space without matter is no thing, and as one is nothing. Therefore, BOTH space and matter have NEEDED to co-exist forever for Creation, to be Creating, Its Self.

That is just a tiny snippet of my clumsy writings, of which I am continually learning to communicate better. There are countless of other ways to rearrange words so that the actual TRUE, RIGHT and CORRECT absolute picture of HOW exactly ALL-THERE-IS works and exists can be shared, and thus come into agreement with EVERY one as One. But this forum obviously is certainly NOT the place for that, yet.
Is this the TRUE, RIGHT, CORRECT absolute picture?

- matter and space are actually one and the same, it's just human thinking that contrasts them
- in an eternal, unchanging universe, there is no creation happening
- although there are no separate things, and we are reality itself, reifying reality into a "godlike oneness" is a common error too

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:47 pm
Age wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:35 pm The way I read the bible the Creator of the Universe IS Itself. Seeing how the Universe is obviously eternal and infinite, then It is the One Creator. And, also obviously by the way the Universe actually works It is thee Creator too. The 'I', in the invisible to the human eye sense, is the Spiritual God talked about in the bible. As the Universe is fundamentally made up of two things, they being matter and space, space being obviously that invisible to the human eye part and matter being that obviously seen with human eyes is the physical, BOTH co-exist together as One - The Creator. How is every physical form created? Through the interaction of physical matter. In this obviously seen by human eye sense ALL physical parts of the Universe is the Creator, sometimes referred to as the Creator God. Obviously when two things interact together that is an action, which obviously creates a reaction, and that reaction IS creation. Always has, always will be, and always IS, happening NOW in an evolving-creation. Absolutely every (individual diverse) thing IS created, and, is always evolving as and within the One Everything. Matter can NOT freely move without space so the empty distance between ALL physical objects of matter is needed for Creation, Itself, to exist. The Universe, Itself IS the Creator of Its Self. Always IS forever-NOW. Matter without space is an unchangeable form. Space without matter is no thing, and as one is nothing. Therefore, BOTH space and matter have NEEDED to co-exist forever for Creation, to be Creating, Its Self.

Is this the TRUE, RIGHT, CORRECT absolute picture?
OBVIOUSLY NOT. You must of MISSED some of the words that I actually wrote, to ask that question.
Atla wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:47 pm- matter and space are actually one and the same, it's just human thinking that contrasts them
- although there are no separate things, and we are reality itself, reifying reality into a "godlike oneness" is a common error too
If you say so, and if you BELIEVE that you are absolutely TRUE, RIGHT, and CORRECT here, then NOTHING you say here could even be partly wrong, CORRECT?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:15 pm
Atla wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:47 pm- matter and space are actually one and the same, it's just human thinking that contrasts them
If you say so, and if you BELIEVE that you are absolutely TRUE, RIGHT, and CORRECT here, then NOTHING you say here could even be partly wrong, CORRECT?
Belief in absolute certainty is just a form of insanity. But I'm fairly certain that if everything loops back into itself within the eternal now, then that means that no change is ever possible. Things just are, and no evolution, creation can be happening.

Post by Age »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:39 pm

There are many truths.

Come on now "timeseeker" I have explained to you MANY times ALREADY how to find the True, Right, Correct objective, and even absolute, TRUTH, from the countless so called "truths" that you human beings see, make up, and even BELIEVE are true. Surely you, of all those people, are NOT that slow in learning and understanding from the actual words that I write down here in front of you in this forum?
TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:39 pmWhich truth is most true?
OBVIOUSLY, 'which truth is the most true' IS the One that EVERY one, as One, agrees is the most true. Speaks for itself. Like I just said, I have explained that to you many times already. I do this by just writing the same words again and again. You are looking at the actual words that I put in front of you, RIGHT?

Or, are you only seeing some parts, and/or ONLY seeing what you WANT to see?
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Age wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:27 pm

There are many truths.

Come on now "timeseeker" I have explained to you MANY times ALREADY how to find the True, Right, Correct objective, and even absolute, TRUTH, from the countless so called "truths" that you human beings see, make up, and even BELIEVE are true. Surely you, of all those people, are NOT that slow in learning and understanding from the actual words that I write down here in front of you in this forum?
OBVIOUSLY, 'which truth is the most true' IS the One that EVERY one, as One, agrees is the most true. Speaks for itself. Like I just said, I have explained that to you many times already. I do this by just writing the same words again and again. You are looking at the actual words that I put in front of you, RIGHT?

No you didn’t. You explained to me how to find YOUR truth. And I disagree with it, so it can’t be true then?

On the other hand, lots of people including most scientists agree with my truth.

What you forgot to explain is why your truth is better than my truth. It is just your naive insistence that everybody should think like you.

Like every youngster that ever lived on Earth.
You are explaining how, not showing how.

In fact, since your criterion for ‘truth’ is agreement by everyone - then I will make it a point to disagree. On principle. Guess I am standing in your way of Truth. Now what?
Last edited by TimeSeeker on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:24 pm
Age wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:15 pm
Belief in absolute certainty is just a form of insanity.
Very True.

And, any BELIEF in absolutely any thing, which may NOT even be True, could also be seen as 'just a form of insanity', also.
Atla wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:24 pm But I'm fairly certain that if everything loops back into itself within the eternal now, then that means that no change is ever possible.
WHY are you FAIRLY CERTAIN of such a thing? There is NOTHING that I have seen here in this thread, nor even in this forum, that would even imply such a thing. Did you come to that 'fairly certain' all by your self?

If, belief in absolute certainty is just a form of insanity,
then could belief in being fairly certain be just a higher degree form of insanity?
Atla wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:24 pm Things just are, and no evolution, creation can be happening.
Did ANY one say, or even suggest, here that the NOW is NOT moving, NOT changing, NOT evolving, and/or NOT even in Creation, Itself?

WHAT exactly made you think up or of such a thing?

Post by Age »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:33 pm
Age wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:27 pm

There are many truths.

No you didn’t. You explained to me how to find YOUR truth. And I disagree with it, so it can’t be true then?

On the other hand, lots of people including most scientists agree with my truth.

What you forgot to explain is why your truth is better than my truth. It is just your naive insistence that everybody should think like you.

Like every youngster that ever lived on Earth.
You are explaining how, not showing how.
The trouble with you, "timeseeker", and the countless other ones, just like YOU, who continually JUMP to the WRONG conclusion is your responses are boringly monotonous, and extremely predictable.

NOW, you might be jumping to the WRONG conclusions time and time again because I can NOT communicate properly, or because you are NOT reading the actual words that I am writing from a truly OPEN perspective. Or, I could be writing in a certain way to get people like YOU to give the same boring monotonous responses that you are continually giving, and which are clearly obviously WRONG?

If it is the latter, then I do that to show the observers how you, and others, will jump to completely and utterly WRONG conclusions BECAUSE of your BELIEFS and ASSUMPTIONS, which are based SOLELY from your own past personal experiences.