Questioning of the Evolutionary Theory - Darwin...

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Necromancer

Questioning of the Evolutionary Theory - Darwin...

Post by Necromancer »

Check this out:

People should know that Evolutionary Theory is being questioned and may fall as it is now formulated

I name some people, also of the Intelligent Design Movement, 3 links:
David Berlinski, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S89IskZI740 - "David Berlinski: Rebelious Intellectual Defies Darwinism"
Stephen C. Meyer, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDmtDuMHSc - ""Darwin's Doubt" with Stephen Meyer"
Jonathan Wells, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZn7tTdCm6U - "Professor Exposes Impossibilities of Evolution"

Link for people against "Mainstream Science":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled: ... ce_Allowed - "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed" saying:
"The film portrays several people including Richard Sternberg, Guillermo Gonzalez, and Caroline Crocker as victims of persecution by major scientific organizations and academia for their promotion of intelligent design and for questioning Darwinism. Other intelligent design supporters such as William A. Dembski, Stephen C. Meyer, Jonathan Wells, Paul Nelson, Pamela Winnick, and Gerald Schroeder, along with contrarian David Berlinski,[39] appear in the film as well. Expelled additionally briefly features numerous anonymous people, their faces darkened to make them unrecognizable, who say that their jobs in the sciences would be jeopardized if their belief in intelligent design were made public, one of whom states that he believes most scientists equate intelligent design with creationism, the religious right, and theocracy."

Also check out this on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSAvmC4YRkQ - "5 Scientific Facts Prove the Theory of Evolution is False | Hidden Truth #3" by T.U.M - The Mysteries

In addition we may produce a much better record by Abiogenesis experiments.

I also like to add that The Fantastic Phenomena or of Freak Nature as Accounts of Reality (or a list similar or more powerful) make God almost seem plain. Link to the note on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/notes/lukas-f- ... 606236984/.

Your input? Your criticism? Your thoughts? 8)
Ramu

Re: Questioning of the Evolutionary Theory - Darwin...

Post by Ramu »

The Universe is a Giant, infinite mind with infinite intelligence. Intelligence is way more involved and way more complicated than some stupid, irrelevant pen and paper test that is somehow supposed to "measure" intelligence. Intelligence is from the universe. Why do people give themselves credit for high IQ when its really a gift from the universe? Of course no one is allowed to suggest that the universe is intelligent in main stream science. Its certainly not the kind of thinking accepted in main stream academia!
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

It seems like everybody assumes that God is the only alternative to evolution. He's not! :twisted:
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

All scientific theories are constantly being tested.

Why do cave creatures lose their sight?

https://www.newscientist.com/article/21 ... y-process/
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Much more logical to assume 'imaginary magic man' than to understand that gradual change happens to everything :lol:
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:28 am Much more logical to assume 'imaginary magic man' than to understand that gradual change happens to everything :lol:
Ever see tadpoles change into frogs? Takes just a few weeks!

https://campus.asu.edu/content/asu-rese ... go-blind-0

Why do cave creatures eventually lose their sight? Darwin said "disuse", but that's not the whole story. It may be "why" but it's not "how".

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/ ... 192819.htm
Last edited by Melchior on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Carl Sagan's famous quote needs reiteration here:
I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time -- when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness...

The dumbing down of American is most evident in the slow decay of substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30 second sound bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming, credulous presentations on pseudoscience and superstition, but especially a kind of celebration of ignorance.
Duncan Butlin

Post by Duncan Butlin »

Necromancer --- The creationists are right on two counts. First, if you believe you know the truth then it is right to do your utmost to spread the news. If non-creationists were half as sure of themselves as the creationists, then their opinion on evolution would hold sway in every school. Second, placing ‘only a theory’ labels on textbooks is a powerful idea. I suggest a legal requirement on religions to place such labels on all their Holy books. At best, only one of them can be right.

Please visit my website
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greta wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:54 am Carl Sagan's famous quote needs reiteration here:
I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time -- when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness...

The dumbing down of American is most evident in the slow decay of substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30 second sound bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming, credulous presentations on pseudoscience and superstition, but especially a kind of celebration of ignorance.
What’s the world coming to when anyone is allowed to stray from what’s right and true. Isn’t there an algorithm (i.e. automated censor) to weed out what should not be heard?

From the OP: That Berlinski fellow is rather provocative, but not much there for a virtue signaler to sound-bite into.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S89IskZI740
-1-

Post by -1- »

Duncan Butlin wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:21 am Necromancer --- The creationists are right on two counts. First, if you believe you know the truth then it is right to do your utmost to spread the news. If non-creationists were half as sure of themselves as the creationists, then their opinion on evolution would hold sway in every school. Second, placing ‘only a theory’ labels on textbooks is a powerful idea. I suggest a legal requirement on religions to place such labels on all their Holy books. At best, only one of them can be right.

Please visit my website
their opinion on evolution would hold sway in every school -- they do, they do. In every country in the western civilized world. (Note: I did not write "except for the US of A.")

Incidentally, what are you selling on your website? I sell cockroach killer dust and sexual aids. Trying to sell anything else in this world is a lost cause. Everyone already got everything.
-1-

Post by -1- »

"Second, placing ‘only a theory’ labels on textbooks is a powerful idea. I suggest a legal requirement on religions to place such labels on all their Holy books."

I love this, Duncan. If only you weren't such a boring sexist pig... you'd be likable.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Can somebody here tell me why Christians deny so VEHEMENTLY the theory of neo-Darwinian evolution? There must a religion-driven reason, but I haven't figured it out yet what it is. What is it in the Bible that evolutionary theory pulverizes?
-1-

Post by -1- »

-1- wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:09 am Can somebody here tell me why Christians deny so VEHEMENTLY the theory of neo-Darwinian evolution? There must a religion-driven reason, but I haven't figured it out yet what it is. What is it in the Bible that evolutionary theory pulverizes?
The reason can't be creationism, because most Christians themselves don't even believe that the world is 6000 or so years old.

What is it about evolution that rubs the religious so wrong?
-1-

Post by -1- »

QuantumT wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:42 pm It seems like everybody assumes that God is the only alternative to evolution. He's not! :twisted:
Yeah! Fucking monkeys is a perfectly acceptable alternative to both!
-1-

Post by -1- »

Ramu wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:20 pm The Universe is a Giant, infinite mind with infinite intelligence. Intelligence is way more involved and way more complicated than some stupid, irrelevant pen and paper test that is somehow supposed to "measure" intelligence. Intelligence is from the universe. Why do people give themselves credit for high IQ when its really a gift from the universe? Of course no one is allowed to suggest that the universe is intelligent in main stream science. Its certainly not the kind of thinking accepted in main stream academia!
You are quite wrong.

Intelligence comes from ball point pens, and paper. If it were't for them, there would be no intelligence tests, therefore there would be no intelligence. (You can only test something that exists, so if no test exists, that thing does not exist.)

It's a little bit like the ravenous Grodgergotter carnivore: if you can't see it, it assumes it can't see you. At least according to Douglas Adams in the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Universe.